Author Topic: Argument about motorcycle helmets....  (Read 1352 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Argument about motorcycle helmets....
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2014, 09:08:43 AM »

We're European whether we like it or not.

So are most Americans :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2014, 09:40:24 AM »
That is absolutely a contributing factor.... :)

Been there done that! :D   It's been years since I rode but I always wore a full face helmet. You only need to slide once on your face to learn to appreciate the protection of a full face helmet. I actually snapped the chin piece off my helmet trying to do a handstand on the handle bars.

I dont ever recall being asked to take off my helmet,but things were much different back then,no CCTV for sure.

I've actually been toying with the idea of building a bike,how does a bigbore single enduro turned into a bobber style sound?  Wanted to use an old airhead BMW but the cost of a reasonable starting bike has gone through the roof. Been looking at 650 enduros instead,one of those 800 cc BMW's would be nice but again the cost is more than I can justify.

:salute

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2014, 01:37:52 PM »

".................. and generally............ We don't
Ludere Vincere

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2014, 02:44:40 PM »
What are you talking about?  It always has been....we've been invaded by most of em over the years, although not for the last 1000.  The British are made up of Romans (Italians), Saxons (from Saxony - Germany), Angles (somewhere close), Normans (Viking tribe that invaded France), Danish and Celts (indiginous population). 

"Do you have any European in you?"
"No..."
"Want some? "
:D

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2014, 04:51:41 PM »
"Do you have any European in you?"
"No..."
"Want some? "
:D

Does the wife know you swing that way?

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2014, 09:02:35 PM »
Does the wife know you swing that way?

Wait till the Lacrosse team finds out.   :O
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »
Has Pennsylvania motorcycle man signed his donor card? Least he can do, as some folks value life more than he does.

"Can we have your liver?"

No motorcycle rider should be an organ donor.  If you have a wreck a lot of doctors will just part you out to those they deem more deserving of life.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2014, 03:30:42 AM »
".................. and generally............ We don't

Unfortunately, these days, us anti-European types are in the minority. 

Did you know, in London now, white English people are a officially a minority group? 

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2014, 04:10:08 AM »
No motorcycle rider should be an organ donor.  If you have a wreck a lot of doctors will just part you out to those they deem more deserving of life.

Yeah, if I had a dime for every time I read about one of the medicos down here just parcelling out organs from crash survivors with no permission or oversight, I'd be a rich man.

Oh no, wait, I'd be flat broke.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2014, 05:49:23 AM »

Bikers are considered down there with alcoholics, drug takers and various other pursuants of such activities that put a demand on our national health service. A physio freind of ours who has works at two local hospitals advises us that bikers are quite often ( in moments of dark humour) re feed to as organ donors.

Not due to any clandestine plot to rid bikers of body parts....... But because that by % of RTA's they are the most prolific .
Ludere Vincere

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2014, 06:14:22 AM »
Bikers are considered down there with alcoholics, drug takers and various other pursuants of such activities that put a demand on our national health service. A physio freind of ours who has works at two local hospitals advises us that bikers are quite often ( in moments of dark humour) re feed to as organ donors.

Not due to any clandestine plot to rid bikers of body parts....... But because that by % of RTA's they are the most prolific .

When I was in hospital after a bike crash (non fault on my part) I heard motorcyclist referred to as "PODS" - Potential Organ Donors :confused:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2014, 08:02:48 AM »
Stephen Fry once told a story on QI that a friend of his needed something, cant remember what, was at the hospital and was told by a consultant that they didn't have any spare whatevers at the moment....."but it's raining so it shouldn't be long."

This thread is drifting off topic slowly....

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2014, 02:25:41 PM »
Unfortunately, these days, us anti-European types are in the minority. 

Did you know, in London now, white English people are a officially a minority group? 
When I visited London some 25 years ago, I believe I didn't meet any native Englishmen of any colour. The hotel clerk and the breakfast girl were Polish, the room cleaners from Gambia and New Guinea, the opposite shopkeeper from Pakistan, the nearby laundry girls from Lithuania just to mention a few. And the Pizza Hut waitress who forgot my pizza on the desk might have been a Finn by her behaviour. Although we saw someone who looked like princess Diana walking across the street... Whomever they were, no one was wearing a helmet, though.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »
Di was on her way to my room at the Savoy :x
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2014, 05:34:16 PM »
"Harry, I AM your father..."
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB