Author Topic: has this happened to you?  (Read 2117 times)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
has this happened to you?
« on: March 22, 2014, 04:31:07 PM »
 in the MA, thursday night, a little back n forth between bases. i died, and reupped to meet my wingman. i get there to the fight, he has to rtb right then. i cover him out, then turn back in.  i see the winged pair we'd been fighting. and just then a 110 comes flying through, i angle for him and i hear a rook tell me not to latch on to the 110 bc the winged guys are professional pickers. so i make a fast pass on the 110, miss, and then realize the 110 is afk. so im off to fight the winged pair. the voice that told me not to latch on, is engaging the winged pair. hes on the 6 of one red and already turning, but the other red is making an angle for him. so i tell the very well known, very well versed rook team mate , "ok hes in, get ready" bc the red guy was at 1.5k out and movin in very fast to a turning fight. so, hes basically a few seconds out. im about D800 from the 2nd red and have a good angle, but no shot yet. im focused on him, ive told my guy to get ready, bc "hes in", now its just matter of a good 2v2. a split second later, poof, my guy gets hammered and in tower.
 so, about 2-3 mins later, im still trying to pin these winged red guys down and keep my E bank too. i hear that same rook voice from before. he starts ripping me a new one, bc he said that i didnt tell him the red guy was on his 6. in my mind, i gave him ample warning. i told him, "ok, hes in, get ready", and for the simple fact, that this rook is the same guy, who 2 mins before was telling me that the red guys are professional pickers. so, he frkn knows what theyre up to! yet hes pissed at me. dude, you just frkn told me that theyre professional pickers! i expect you to know when to break off, i expect you to know what kind of fight we are in. when i say "hes in", i expect you to know, that means hes trying to frkn kill you!  make a move and lets adjust! i tell him that i did say something. of course, he says i didnt say a damn thing. so i tell him, "my mistake then" and that i wouldnt purposely say nothing and just watch him get blasted. he says, "pfft, yeah". i didnt feel like messing around with it anymore, so i left the fight and they can do whatever the hell theyre goin to do.
 for me, there must be a gray area, as far as, what do i have to tell my team mate during the fight? im wondering if i shouldve been telling him each and every distance change. but, hes so well versed, that he knows this damn fight. i feel like its panic comms if i have to chatter, 800, 600, 400, break! break! break! especially with experienced players, bc they already know this fight well. i know everyone has heard someone say, "yeah i know", after you told them someones on his 6 or making angles on him. some guys, you know they know hes there, but you tell em anyway. in this fight, with my very experienced teammate, i felt like i kept it simple on comms and did exactly what i was supposed to do. i told him "ok, hes in, get ready". anything after that is unnecessary. he did not feel that way. he wanted me to update him on every little thing, i guess. what? so now i have to do the constant chatter comms and fly? on top of that i have to try to shoot those red guys down? which means i need to have some sort of marksmanship? what tha? huh? thats an awful lot to ask from me. flying and aiming take a big hit when i have to divert my mental resources to constant chatter comms. so basically, if youre around me, pick your poison. you want constant chatter comms and mostly flopping, spraying and tower or simple comms and my best ACM and maybe not frkn gettin the crap kicked out of us? i dont have a lot, but what i do have is not worth a shirt, so you better use it wisely.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: has this happened to you?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »
spacebar is your friend

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »
spacebar is your friend

In this particular case, Shift key even more
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 04:49:37 PM »
And some of you guys fell on Earl like a ton of bricks... :noid
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
The guys that whine about not getting six calls need to grow up.  It's your six, it's your responsibility -- check it yourself.  If you don't have the SA to be able to do that then move to the edge of the fur ball where it isn't quite as intense.

However it does raise an eyebrow when you watch a con working in toward you with a bunch of green behind him and no one bothers to warn you.  :devil
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »
Fights are not structured.. its not a perfect world.. anyone that fails to see that is naive..
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 05:26:31 PM »
Wall of text crits you for +10 not reading that damage
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 06:07:57 PM »
If you cannot say it in one line its gibberish
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »
If I were to guess the guys check six was going off in his mind and he ignored it for too long  He then redirected his anger from himself to the nearest person, you.  In other words he convinced himself he couldn't be wrong.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 06:44:05 PM »
Yep ...

I was on the deck fighting three cons when a player came into help....one of the cons on me then peeled off and went for the other player...I was still busy with two others but gave check calls when one of the two also peeled off and went after the friendly who was now on the red guy....I called it a few times but boom down he went....then the focus was back on me...friendly did get his guy so left two....long story short...I managed to down the other two and headed back to base as I was pretty beat up....
As soon as I got into vox range....hhahahaha    off he went....
I just told him I called it...I had two to worry about...shut up.....now I usually just bail or move elsewhere when I see this player...

hahahaha...same guy different time.....we were defending a port....we had two cv's nearby and said player needed to land....there were lancs inbd and he called it...and I also called it...so we both knew they were there...and said to watch out cause they looked to be after one of the cv's...well...it turned out they were...and it happened to be the one he was landing on.......that one cause a real good rant

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 06:56:54 PM »
The guys that whine about not getting six calls need to grow up.  It's your six, it's your responsibility -- check it yourself.  If you don't have the SA to be able to do that then move to the edge of the fur ball where it isn't quite as intense.

However it does raise an eyebrow when you watch a con working in toward you with a bunch of green behind him and no one bothers to warn you.
 :devil
Yeah that happens, I guess its b/c they want the red to engage you so they can pick easier; but you're right it is your responsibility to keep your sa.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 07:00:52 PM »
Wall of text crits you for +10 not reading that damage
(Image removed from quote.)

bahhahahaa... your going to hell!!
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 10:05:37 PM »
I'd have told him not to shove his head so deep up his six so it's easier to see around and that it's all part of the learning curve.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:08:24 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 10:47:24 PM »
VuduVee

If the guys is Not your squadie or steady wingman <3, expect no help, rely on no one, and help others when you can but give no promises, certain people will always clear your six when able, some won't lend a hand to protect their score and many will whine that you didn't save them after they dove into a mess and lost all their "E" personally I like to dive into messes but never expect anyone to follow.

You learn whos who and what their game is after flying with the same folks night after night regardless if they are your squadies or not, interesting to see the personalities emerge from the cartoon machines.
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 02:24:53 AM »
Blu and Lusche, ill have a talk with my editor about this. appreciate the needling. :aok