Author Topic: blackout system bugged  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
blackout system bugged
« on: March 27, 2014, 03:33:17 PM »
<S>

After hitting 3-4 times the "blackout" zone when doing several high speed manovers, u suddenly cant get out of it for 30s instead of 1-5, even if u stopped turning. Seems "touching" several times the blackout zone (slightly and for 1 sec), it fulfill some kind of arcade gauge that suddenly decides its full and send u 30s in blackout instead of 1-3 sec...

:bhead
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 03:35:45 PM by Lucifer »

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: blackout system bugged
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 03:37:47 PM »
That's not a bug it's a feature. AH models tunnel vision, blackout, and G-LOC. Blackout is just vision and has a quick recovery. G-LOC, loss of conciousness, takes longer to recover.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 03:44:55 PM by FLS »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 03:43:15 PM »
<S>

After hitting 3-4 times the "blackout" zone when doing several high speed manovers, u suddenly cant get out of it for 30s instead of 1-5, even if u stopped turning. Seems "touching" several times the blackout zone (slightly and for 1 sec), it fulfill some kind of arcade gauge that suddenly decides its full and send u 30s in blackout instead of 1-3 sec...

:bhead

Very good, you have observed and described what happens with High G maneuvers.  Now that you know how it works, it should be easier to avoid those prolonged blackouts.

Does anyone else smell sulphur?              :devil
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 03:54:51 PM »
The amount of time the black out lasts is commensurate with the amount of stress the pilot has endured.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 04:14:22 PM »
Agree, except its illogic 3 times x 1 sec lil blackout -separated ofc- suddenly leads to 30 s.... irl blackout is the blood pressure in brain : how comes suddenly, with same manover, its rising by 600% ingame ?!  :lol

The amount of time the black out lasts is commensurate with the amount of stress the pilot has endured.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 04:27:59 PM »
Agree, except its illogic 3 times x 1 sec lil blackout -separated ofc- suddenly leads to 30 s.... irl blackout is the blood pressure in brain : how comes suddenly, with same manover, its rising by 600% ingame ?!  :lol

You are comparing two different things. The visual blackout and unconciousness. They occur separately irl.

Also consider pilot fatigue. Repeated high g lowers your limits.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:31:51 PM by FLS »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 04:47:50 PM »
You are comparing two different things. The visual blackout and unconciousness. They occur separately irl.

Also consider pilot fatigue. Repeated high g lowers your limits.

Is that actually modeled?  I was always under the impression it went more along the lines of 5.9G's ok, as many times as you want to.  6G's short blackout 6.2G's long blackout (number specifics pulled directly from Thin Airtm).

I can't say I've ever noticed the guy actually getting tired.  The one thing I have noticed is if you have a short blackout and immediately pull a high G maneuver you get a long blackout pretty much every time.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 05:00:58 PM »
Is that actually modeled?  I was always under the impression it went more along the lines of 5.9G's ok, as many times as you want to.  6G's short blackout 6.2G's long blackout (number specifics pulled directly from Thin Airtm).

I can't say I've ever noticed the guy actually getting tired.  The one thing I have noticed is if you have a short blackout and immediately pull a high G maneuver you get a long blackout pretty much every time.

Wiley.

Basically, a pilot gets X amount of time in a blackout condition (this is cumulative).  Once that time has been exceeded, the pilot goes unconscious.  Recovery is based on the amount of time not in a blackout condition.

Each time the pilot blacks out, the recovery can be longer if you do those blackouts close together.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 05:09:54 PM »
So .... when ya gonna fix this 'bug?'  ;)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 05:29:56 PM »

Wiley.

Pilot fatigue is not modeled in the sense that the pilot gets tired but the G stress is cumulative.  Blackout and unconciousness look the same but are different conditions. That's why you can maneuver blacked out but not when unconcious. AH models tunnel vision, blackout, and G-LOC.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 06:31:26 PM »
Basically, a pilot gets X amount of time in a blackout condition (this is cumulative).  Once that time has been exceeded, the pilot goes unconscious.  Recovery is based on the amount of time not in a blackout condition.

Each time the pilot blacks out, the recovery can be longer if you do those blackouts close together.

Thanks!  One related question- looking through the "tunnel" count or only when the acreen is completely dark?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 07:46:49 PM »
So .... when ya gonna fix this 'bug?'  ;)
Two Weeks.  :)
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 08:15:59 PM »
I think they are trying to penalize constant heavy G in some small way because you don't feel what a real pilot does under such stress: Pain. That is a limiting factor even before G-loc/loss of vission is reached.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 08:20:42 PM »
Thanks!  One related question- looking through the "tunnel" count or only when the acreen is completely dark?

Wiley.

Hey Wiley,
What we call "riding the tunnel" or more specifically pulling high G maneuvering without completely blacking out the screen... Say 3" down to even a 1/2" diameter size eyehole / window to see through, will not count towards AH's accumulating effect....

One has to pull into a full screen blackout, then do it again and again for G-Loc to take affect...

FLS and Skuzzy both have explained how it works and how it can be a short few seconds blackout all the way upwards of even 20, 30 or more seconds... More often then not, a player who pulls to many excessive G's, in quick or rapid succession will likely regain conciousness while looking out the tower windows...

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 08:37:02 PM »
Here comes the arcade gauge i was talkin about and suspecting :5x lil blackout = 6th becomes 30s sleep, even if the blackouts werent sustended (for me) : i only TRIGERRED 5 times the blackout system, so the gauge considered next time it was sleeping time : il2 and even WT got realistic blackout systems : it might be time for AH to upgrade their system too and get rid of the arcade gauge.... :rock

" Army Of Wolves "