Author Topic: blackout system bugged  (Read 1803 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: blackout system bugged
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 09:12:48 PM »
Here comes the arcade gauge i was talkin about and suspecting :5x lil blackout = 6th becomes 30s sleep, even if the blackouts werent sustended (for me) : i only TRIGERRED 5 times the blackout system, so the gauge considered next time it was sleeping time : il2 and even WT got realistic blackout systems : it might be time for AH to upgrade their system too and get rid of the arcade gauge.... :rock

I recommend that you provide a film of your testing/experimenting with figuring that AH has what you call an arcade gauge... It is not a gauge at all...

Post a link to your film here for us to review...

Also, if you think there is a bug or problem, HTC can take your film and pull probably 99% more data from it than what any of us can get by visually reviewing it....

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 01:18:05 AM »
Here comes the arcade gauge i was talkin about and suspecting :5x lil blackout = 6th becomes 30s sleep, even if the blackouts werent sustended (for me) : i only TRIGERRED 5 times the blackout system, so the gauge considered next time it was sleeping time : il2 and even WT got realistic blackout systems : it might be time for AH to upgrade their system too and get rid of the arcade gauge.... :rock

Lucy .... pay attention:

"a pilot gets X amount of time (which you confuse for number of times) in a blackout condition (this is cumulative).  Once that time has been exceeded, the pilot goes unconscious.  Recovery is based on the amount of time not in a blackout condition (which means your virtual pilot's body will recover if G stress stops - over a period of time."

(If only your true physical body could be measured and individually applied to an algorithm. You may be more frustrated than you are now.)

Now read:

http://avstop.com/AC/AC91-61.html

Then feel free to keep going on about the 'arcade gauge' you're imagining. (Or, better yet, swallow that pride and admit the thread you're trying to defend was baseless.)  :aok

P.S. IL2 forums have the developers admitting that they play with the G-Loc settings in a rather haphazard and arbitrary manner (even going so far as to turn them off, entirely). WT basically panders to the arcade customer.

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 02:27:57 AM »
Yes it is, whatever name u ll use, its the same system : its called an arcade gauge.

Try IL2 or WT, u ll understand what i mean.

I recommend that you provide a film of your testing/experimenting with figuring that AH has what you call an arcade gauge... It is not a gauge at all...

Post a link to your film here for us to review...

Also, if you think there is a bug or problem, HTC can take your film and pull probably 99% more data from it than what any of us can get by visually reviewing it....

Hope this helps

TC

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 02:40:25 AM »
IL2 is random at best there is no set way the blackouts occur it just happens. You don't ease into greyout then tunnel vision you just black out. and Warthunder.....please bud that game and "realism" should almost never be used in the same sentence. Except in the instance Warthunder is not realistic.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 06:33:35 AM »
Thanks!  One related question- looking through the "tunnel" count or only when the acreen is completely dark?

Wiley.

The "tunnel" does not count towards g-loc (unconscious).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 12:52:04 PM »
   Skuzzy's explanation makes sense.  Blackout is caused by lack of oxygen to the brain, which is caused by the g forces pulling blood away from the brain and into the lower body.  Blackout long enough, and you lose consciousness, until enough blood flows back to the brain to replenish the oxygen, and you wake up.  The more time you spend out of a blackout condition, the more oxygen gets back into the brain.   There is a formula in the game that mimics this effect.

Picture a tank with oxygen in it.  When you pull heavy g's, past a certain point, the oxygen gets pulled out of the tank.  When the g's are relaxed, the oxygen flows back into the tank.  When the tank is empty, or nearly so, the pilot blacks out, until enough oxygen flows back into the tank, and the pilot wakes up again.  Tunnel vision does not pull oxygen out of the tank.  Blackout does. 

My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 12:59:41 PM »
Yes it is, whatever name u ll use, its the same system : its called an arcade gauge.

1st off- I have played damn near every online aerial combat mmog there has been for the last 20+ years, including being an alpha & beta tester for numerous flight Sims....

I alpha and beta tested "world of planes" recently being retitled as "War Thunder"
I also have played IL2 along with many of the different variants and add-on expansion packs...

Now, if you are so sure of yourself and so knowledgeable about what you think you are certain of regarding AH's accumulative blackout effect.... Please show us all your AH film of what you are arguing is arcadic, or what you believe is wrong or inaccurate....

Although the film might not show us the screen blacking out, it will show us how many times and how often/how quickly you are pulling pass the 6.1 +G's and how long you are holding your pull while blacked out....
Your question of it being wrong causes it to fall on you to provide us and HTC with proof via ah film, that their is a bug or something wrong...

No need to try telling me to go fly/play any other flight game... I already have many times over...

FLS, Skuzzy and Arlo, have already explained this to you...

Where is your film?    No film? Then you are just blowing hot air....

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 05:23:10 PM »
Lucy! I'm home!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 05:34:35 PM »

You have failed sir.

twice
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2014, 03:47:25 AM »
Your post is really usefull and constructive, tyvm ! :rock

Btw, the current system IS a gauge system, but it's pointless to continue arguing here : Yes Vs No + Trolls now posting = No more interest. :aok

You have failed sir.

twice

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2014, 08:25:30 AM »
Your post is really usefull and constructive, tyvm ! :rock

Btw, the current system IS a gauge system, but it's pointless to continue arguing here : Yes Vs No + Trolls now posting = No more interest. :aok

You were using the phrase 'arcade gauge.' Feel free to describe your phraseology in detail. If you're using 'gauge' and 'code' interchangeably I would recommend using the latter. 'Arcade' has negative connotation (which most of us appear to have noticed and which appeared to be your intent). You made comparison to other games with an air of authority (which you were challenged on). Now you are resorting to a claim that trolls have invaded your thread so you have no more interest in it (which is weak, in spite of your prefacing you latest post with feigned appreciation).

I see room for growth. This community as well as official sources (Skuzzy taking the time to offer accurate insight) can help you with that.

:salute

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2014, 02:49:50 PM »
Basically, a pilot gets X amount of time in a blackout condition (this is cumulative).  Once that time has been exceeded, the pilot goes unconscious.  Recovery is based on the amount of time not in a blackout condition.

Each time the pilot blacks out, the recovery can be longer if you do those blackouts close together.

Question, isn't blackout and unconscious the same thing.   Medically when a patient has blacked out, they are unconscious in the real world.

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2014, 03:00:18 PM »
In this case blackout refers to losing vision while still conscious.  The progression is grey out, tunnel vision, blackout, then loss of consciousness. AH models tunnel vision, blackout, and unconsciousness. A notable difference between blackout and unconsciousness in AH is the loss of control input.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 06:51:23 AM »
Question, isn't blackout and unconscious the same thing.   Medically when a patient has blacked out, they are unconscious in the real world.

Not in the context of g-force induced blackouts. 

What FLS said.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com