Author Topic: Food for thought ...  (Read 14674 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: Food for thought ...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 12:27:59 AM »
then explain why dont just go away?

semp
hi sweetie,
im not your dog that runs away for your word.
AoM
City of ice

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 12:31:44 AM »
hi sweetie,
im not your dog that runs away for your word.

you did, you quit playing the game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 12:37:17 AM »
I quit for a year or so...
I have been on a bit recently and having
FUN
get a KitKat and take a break...
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 02:33:51 AM »

....or just look for some other game to play.

I wish Aces High was more "mission orientated". I wish there was a supreme commander for each side that could list a bunch of mission.

I think Knights shold vote for me as Supreme commander :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 03:16:50 AM »
My opinion is that a major part of the problem is attitudes.  Poor ACM is just that and is cured eventually by time, but poor attitudes are malignant and grow with time and isnt a noob problem.  Old sticks flaming Noobs and palying the mine is bigger than your game hear in the forums.  A lot of people here in the forums and in the game really need to take a look from the outside at how they are acting.  If your behavior would get your butt kicked in real life then you should shape it up here because you are still dealing with real people.  My opinion is everyone should try to leave their ego's at the door and treat others as you like to be treated.  Don't flame people for their post in the wish list section or anywhere else.  If someone salutes you salute back, even if you are having a temper tantrum, keep the tantrum in the privacy of your own home.  200 is a disgusting example of the AH community behavior, talk of drugs, sex, peoples mothers, unbelievable.  When I played 5 years ago the community then would not tolerate that behavior and monitored it themselves.  then I would let my boy play, now I would not.  If this community wants more players and wants better then my opinion is they have to be better!  Just watch how this post here goes down the drain and that will tell you what is wrong with the game.  It has nothing to do with the graphics, the flight modeling or peoples skill, it is all about attitude.  I am of the opinion that we should hold eachother accountable for attitude and not continue to support the downward evolution of our game because people cant behave themselves over the internet.

Awesome post, I totally agree.  I admit, I have a short fuse at times, but I always try and follow the etiquette of the game and I always fight fair.  I've had a few players tell me that ethics, fair play and etiquette have nothing to do with AH.  That to me is a big problem with their mind set, and not just in game.

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 03:22:11 AM »
Pandora...there is nothing wrong with stepping away from the game to take a break.  I have done so for short periods of time and come back each time with a fresh perspective.  I have fought you a few times in your spit and always had good clean fun fights.  I try my best to give an opponent a good fight and normally don't fire nose on unless fired upon in that manner first.  Take a deep breath and remember this is a game and many use it to escape real life and have fun as they see fit.  Fly your style,just keep in mind others have their own idea of fun and it may not jive with yours.  When the newbies get tired of dieing due to lack of ACM, then they will seek out the Yodas of AH.   :cheers:  :salute

Hi Bacon8tr,

I've taken lots of breaks, the next one, like many other ex-players, is likely to be permanent.

I've always enjoyed my fights with you, especially the few I'd won, lol   Getting these 1 to 1 fights is what a lot of us play for and it is getting harder and harder to find. Sadly, it's not just newbies who don't care about ACM or flying a simulation.

You say take a deep breath, well this is it.   I'm hoping that there are enough people who feel the same way I do.

Thanks,
Pan :)

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 03:23:16 AM »
I know where you're coming from. Me and some close friends were just talking about this.

Hi Floob,  I read your thread and agree with you.  Now what we need to do is go forward and work out how to solve the problem.  What would you suggest?

Cheers,
Pan

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 03:25:29 AM »
pandora come play world of tanks with us.  then you'll really see some really bad players  :D.  but taking a break is good.  I can only play every other week due to work and now I am looking at at least a month before i can play again as my throttle broke and I dont want to spend money to buy another before the x55 is out.

semp

Hey Semp :)

World of tanks, lol   If I had my way all the tanks would be gone from AH!  Make it a flying-only game.

I hope you get your new throttle soon!

Cheers,
Pan

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 03:28:14 AM »

....or just look for some other game to play.

That being said, everyone plays the game there own way. Lately it's been much harder to find the fights I like, but now and then I do find them and it's the only thing that keeps me coming back. Like all things, the good game will come around again. I just hope it lasts long enough.

I have been looking for a better game for a long time.  It's a shame, because I would much prefer to fly with friends here.

You say the game will come around again.  That is not what happened with FA and the same is happening here.

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 03:52:03 AM »
I wish the dueling arena was reconfigured more into a "sparring" arena. There seems to be a clear split within the population between strategic war players and tactical combat players. Having the two factions mixed into the MA has proved unpleasant with all the finger-pointing.

For the tactical combat arena, allow only aircraft capable of fullfilling the "fighter" role (i.e. Remove all bombs and rockets) along with tanks and ships. In this arena, players will only be able to engage others through fighter vs fighter, tank vs tank, or ship vs ship. There will be no way to capture fields or destroy objects other than by gun fire. Unlike the DA, perk points and ENY limitations will be enabled. The arena would be very dense to allow quick entry into combat with little required downtime for the player to find a fight. The purpose of this arena would be to allow players the chance to engage enemy vehicles in a pure and controlled environment free from us warmongers.

The MA stays as it is fitting the desires of the strategic war players.

I think it is awesome that you are coming up with new ideas for the game.  You make a really good point about the split in population and that by somehow making both styles of play possible would help a lot.  I'm not sure that splitting the player base over more arenas is the option.

Your idea for having areas where it is pure plane v. plane or tank v. tank is something I would really like to see.   How about achieving this by having maps where there are tank/air bases well away from the rest.  High mountains preventing planes access an area would make it "bomb****" free.  There could also be zones with no VH's or vbases.  This way the MA could be transformed into an arena that allows much more freedom of choice.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 03:58:46 AM »
An unusual, even esoteric suggestion I grant you; but why don't you alter your expectations.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 04:00:04 AM »
There have been great replies to this thread, thank you to everyone who responded.

Enough of us agree that the current game is broken, now let's come up with ideas to fix it.

My next question is, if we do have ideas and want them implemented, what support will we get from Hitech?

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 04:02:04 AM »
The game wont come around by itself, the communtiy or the makers has got to force that to happen.  If allowed to just do it's own thing it will continue to degrade.  I think the people that care, like you have got to start talking about it like you are and getting Hitech and Skuzzy involved.  The forums should be free of the outright rude behaviors and all the crud happening in game like on 200 should be stopped/monitored better.  Finding the right answers will certainly be hard but broken things do not fix themselves.  I'm sure the game wont end because of any of this but it will certainly become an environment that a loat of people wont want to be a part of.

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 04:02:43 AM »
An unusual, even esoteric suggestion I grant you; but why don't you alter your expectations.

I don't feel that my expectations are set very high.  Like so many others have stated, all we want is a fun place to fly and get decent fights.  This is not currently the case.

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 04:02:52 AM »
There have been great replies to this thread, thank you to everyone who responded.

Enough of us agree that the current game is broken, now let's come up with ideas to fix it.

My next question is, if we do have ideas and want them implemented, what support will we get from Hitech?

Yes, that is what will be needed.   :pray