Author Topic: Food for thought ...  (Read 15296 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: Food for thought ...
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2014, 08:29:28 AM »
This is all I ever hear....the game is dying...what can we do...no one fights right....ho, ram, vulch, run....can't find the kind of fight I like......Come on people you are adults....I never and I repeat NEVER have any problems finding fights and good fights at that...is the game different from when I started playing 9 years ago?...Well yeah because it was 9 freaking years ago...people change with time...time changes with time...does the concept of the game need fixing?...NO...should we let HTC be our nanny so we don't offend eachother so we can all hold hands and sing songs of fellowship?...NO its a war game, egos are highly involved, its a competitive game that people strive to win...and if they don't win some get pissed...its the nature of the beast....As for Channel 200...DON'T TUNE TO IT...don't try to change something you don't like because you don't like it...that is the what is wrong all over now not just this GAME...anytime anyone doesn't like something it's all like "let's get that banned or done away with cause we don't like it" and tell me I'm not right about that...go ahead tell me and if you say different your a liar and your lying to yourself...that is all I see on these boards people trying to change something because they don't like it...I am just highly disgusted by what I'm reading here...If you don't like being shot down by the horde stay the hell away from the horde...get you a couple of wingmen and disintegrate the hordlets....don't come on the boards and cry like my 7 year old daughter when she wants to play Halo and I shoot her...this is exactly what it is...and if you say different your lying to yourself again.....(rant off)  :salute
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:49:33 AM by puller »
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2014, 08:30:13 AM »
I don't feel that my expectations are set very high.  Like so many others have stated, all we want is a fun place to fly and get decent fights.  This is not currently the case.

Niether of these can exist with players that just want kills; players so selfish that they deny a fight by HOing.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2014, 08:38:30 AM »
Gibberish :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2014, 08:41:18 AM »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2014, 08:45:16 AM »
players so selfish that they deny a fight by HOing.

LOL

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2014, 08:46:54 AM »
Niether of these can exist with players that just want kills; players so selfish that they deny a fight by HOing.

Could you define 'HO'*?  I keep hearing various definitions of this term.  I once thought I was clear on it being a dead-on, nose-to-nose zero degree deflection shot.  It appears I was in error.

* By 'HO' I mean "head on", not 'Ho' as in "Yo mama's a..."   :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2014, 08:49:12 AM »
Could you define 'HO'*?  I keep hearing various definitions of this term.  I once thought I was clear on it being a dead-on, nose-to-nose zero degree deflection shot.  It appears I was in error.

No, I think you have it. As in 'it takes two.' As in 'they can be avoided by one or the other.' As in 'deny what?'  :D

P.S. I think Dolb was joking.  :)

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2014, 09:32:04 AM »

I thought it came from "hosing", the spraying of guns in the hope of hitting something.

* By 'HO' I mean "head on", not 'Ho' as in "Yo mama's a..."   :D

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2014, 09:37:55 AM »

Again, thanks for all the posts on this thread.

The overwhelming sentiment of the thread is that there is a need for change.  A number of suggestions have been made, many of which would get my support.

It is now down to Hitech and its player base to work together to responsibly create solutions to our problems while we still have a game left that is worth saving.

I think it is time for someone from Hitech to take up our issues and respond with what they plan to do about it.  We have given Hitech plenty of ideas, I'm sure they have a few of their own, so let's get the ball rolling.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2014, 09:42:07 AM »
Getting the FNGs in the TA learning about how to get behind the 3/9 line before being let loose is the most encouraging this in the thread.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2014, 09:48:45 AM »
The overwhelming sentiment of the thread is that there is a need for change.

Respectfully you have filtered the comments which support your present mental track. You will inevitably leave the game unless you revise this, it's just a question of when that point comes where your escalating frustration displaces the last bit of fun you are having. You're on a hiding to nothing with this approach. You'll never even reach agreement on what constitutes improvement. Best way to make a change is to start by changing yourself.

<Salute> Aces High!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2014, 09:49:19 AM »
The overwhelming sentiment of the thread is that there is a need for change. 

If by change you mean a reassessment on your part, I agree. There doesn't seem more than a single pitchfork and torch amongst the thread. Lots of advice was given, however. By and large, we are our own problems.  :aok

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2014, 09:49:30 AM »
Could you define 'HO'*?

Hot to Hot aspect.

If you don't know aspects, reference here;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBA0u6vMiNc
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2014, 09:55:09 AM »
This is all I ever hear....the game is dying...what can we do...no one fights right....ho, ram, vulch, run....can't find the kind of fight I like......Come on people you are adults....I never and I repeat NEVER have any problems finding fights and good fights at that...is the game different from when I started playing 9 years ago?...Well yeah because it was 9 freaking years ago...people change with time...time changes with time...does the concept of the game need fixing?...NO...should we let HTC be our nanny so we don't offend eachother so we can all hold hands and sing songs of fellowship?...NO its a war game, egos are highly involved, its a competitive game that people strive to win...and if they don't win some get pissed...its the nature of the beast....As for Channel 200...DON'T TUNE TO IT...don't try to change something you don't like because you don't like it...that is the what is wrong all over now not just this GAME...anytime anyone doesn't like something it's all like "let's get that banned or done away with cause we don't like it" and tell me I'm not right about that...go ahead tell me and if you say different your a liar and your lying to yourself...that is all I see on these boards people trying to change something because they don't like it...I am just highly disgusted by what I'm reading here...If you don't like being shot down by the horde stay the hell away from the horde...get you a couple of wingmen and disintegrate the hordlets....don't come on the boards and cry like my 7 year old daughter when she wants to play Halo and I shoot her...this is exactly what it is...and if you say different your lying to yourself again.....(rant off)  :salute

Careful Puller, you are using logic in this.  Logic is bad.  That is a no, no. :noid
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2014, 10:04:53 AM »
 :cheers:
Pandora just explained why im not playing  :uhoh
:banana: