Author Topic: Health insurance  (Read 2619 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Health insurance
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2014, 09:30:43 PM »
cap except for the last few years didnt we had the opposite of what we have now?  and poor people couldnt afford insurance?

I was talking to my sister this morning during breakfast and  we started talking about health insurance.  she mentioned that she was dropping the coverage she had at work for another under the new laws as it would be cheaper.  I asked her how much she was paying and she said it was 90 bucks a week just for herself.  about twice what i pay for me and my son a month and she she will also have access to the same hmo I have.

semp

no we didn't. the opposite of being forced to buy insurance would be no insurance.

lawsuits, insurance, excessive regulatory interference, and a host of other things drive costs up.

many of these cheaper policies will come with hidden costs. i(as mentioned previously) know several friends that lost their excellent coverage. because it didn't meet the new standards. i know others that their rates went up. my own mothers went up. as did her copay. and her deductible. and she shopped around to see if she could find anything better. she couldn't.

a dr customer mentioned deductibles(total for a calendar year) in the $4k to $6k range.

also, i do not believe for a second that the insurance companies do not want this. i mean really? would you not want a guaranteed increase in your customer base?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2014, 10:18:20 PM »
I have cheap insurance meaning I pay low premiums but I dont have cheap coverage.  like i said before I pay 30 dollars for doctor's visits and 10 dollars per 30 day prescription with no deductibles.  my sister is switching  to 10 dollar doctor's visits with 5 dollar 30 day prescription with no deductibles.

also may I mention that my insurance company is a non-profit company and yet it was one of the highest insurance rates around.  the for profit companies around have lower premiums but really crappy coverage.  with the same zero deductibles and co-payments.

as an example last year I needed to have a certain procedure  done since i am almost 50.  my doctor made the referral and within 2 weeks (had to delay one week due to work) I had the procedure done.  a co-worker of mine had to have the same procedure done and he waiting 3 months for an appointment just to get a referral and another 2 months to have the procedure done.  he pays 20 bucks a month less than what I pay.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2014, 01:40:54 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:33:07 AM by Skuzzy »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2014, 06:26:22 AM »
Its an outrage!

Bluddddy Colonials!

How dare you agree with me,i pay good money to argue with people on this forum :cry

So your on business in the UK selling "Battery operated rubber products"? How much are said items, Pipz's is curious :old:

Well, they're very expensive, of course. OTOH, they're guaranteed to produce sensations that are decidedly unnatural.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2014, 08:56:20 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:33:30 AM by Skuzzy »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2014, 09:08:39 AM »
Well, they're very expensive, of course. OTOH, they're guaranteed to produce sensations that are decidedly unnatural.

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2014, 09:34:15 AM »
All it took was one person to derail this thread.  Amazing how many followed suit after that one post.

Hope everyone enjoys their vacation from the board.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com