Author Topic: Beer is good, wine is good, which is better?  (Read 840 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beer is good, wine is good, which is better?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 11:50:54 AM »
Beer? Wine? There's been both available here plus something more. Trying all of that makes me dizzy...  :cheers:
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 12:39:32 PM »
Never been a fan of wine, to me it taste like spoiled fruit. I guess Schlitz is technically a beer, but I think it's one of those that says "Malt Beverage" on the label  :lol

A couple of my fav's are New Belgium's 2 Below ale and this one.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 04:45:59 PM »
Craft beer all day.  Wherever I go there's something new I've never tried before.  If they don't have any draft microbrews, I go with Sam Adams, and if they don't have anything other than the Light beers, I go with Lite.  But I hate it when that happens.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2014, 04:54:16 PM »
Yep its unopened.......I would think it wouldnt have matured anymore once its bottled....
 :rofl  If your ever in the Pennsylvania area......I just finished up building my bar.....stop by.....the first round is on me  :aok

Currently looking for a Honeymoon destination, maybe we'll just head your way  :aok

Will they allow me to bring my Lagavulin on the plane? :uhoh
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2014, 04:57:17 PM »
Never been a fan of wine, to me it taste like spoiled fruit. I guess Schlitz is technically a beer, but I think it's one of those that says "Malt Beverage" on the label  :lol

A couple of my fav's are New Belgium's 2 Below ale and this one.
(Image removed from quote.)

Despite all the jokes about 'murican beers being like sex in a canoe, there are few things better, after a hard day's graft, than an icy cold Miller Draught, mind you they are both brewed under licence about 10 miles from my house :banana:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 06:42:21 PM »
I just saw at the store Jack with honey added to it. I dont drink fire water anymore, used to love sour mash, but I'd bet this new Jack with honey is quite good. I always liked honey Beer.

Back to Schlitz. My old man drank it and used to give me sips as a little kid so it was the 1st beer I ever drank even if it was just a sip. Well in the early '70s they got greedy and changed the formula while fermenting it a shorter time. All in the name of greed, producing more and making more money. Well Schlitz went from owning Chicago to losing all its customers and becoming a lousy brew. Old Style did the same thing.

In the last year or two they "Pabst bought the brand" came back to their senses and brought back the old method that made them famous and damn if the stuff aint delicious again. Just like I remember. I prefer it to Beers that cost twice as much. It reminds me of the '60s a time when fathers used to bring their sons to neighborhood taverns to watch a ball game on a Saturday. They drank their Schlitz while we drank orange pop and played pin ball. They were great days, much simpler and far less laws and rules strangling the working guy.

Honey brown beer is decent and inexpensive
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2014, 02:04:06 AM »
Never been a fan of wine, to me it taste like spoiled fruit.

Try fresh wine. It's alcoholic but tastes as an extremely fresh fizzy drink. Yes, it even has bubbles in it naturally.

You'd think fermented grapes would taste horrible but they are better than 7-up.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2014, 03:06:10 PM »
Wine with the right food.
Beer with the right people.
Brandy on the right evening.

Merlot
Coors, Dos Equis Amber, Guiness
Presidente Brandy

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »
I always liked Millers draft, the only Millers I would drink.

Theres a lot of snootiness amongst the "so called" beer elite now. I quit hanging out in beer forums due to all the condescension and waxing poetic. Most posters just repeat what everyone else says anyways.

Ive always veered toward lagers and Pilsners tho I will go Ale on occasion and like a lot of micros. Drink what you like. And if it sells for $8.99 a 12 pack so much the better.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2014, 07:10:15 PM »
I really like micro brews..... With one exception

There are few things in life better than a grilled hotdog and an ice cold Rolling Rock pulled out from the bottom of the cooler of ice

Actually had a great Lager a few weeks ago when I was in NY.  Brooklyn lager.   Very. Tasty

Winter time is Guinness. I can drink it nonstop.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 07:12:01 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2014, 02:15:04 AM »

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2014, 12:40:13 PM »
To be frank theres very few Beers I dont like.

I go in stages. I probably have 10 different ones in my fridge right now. Great Lakes Brewery makes a Dark beer Im very fond of. Lagunitas makes several I like but their Pilsner may be my very fave pils. They are opening a new brewery/tavern in town this summer so their offerings will be much easier to find.

There are just so many. There has never been a better time to dunk one or two on occasion and experiment.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2014, 01:48:57 PM »
IPA's are very popular here in the Seattle area.  I don't like those, though -- too bitter for my taste.  I like hefeweisens, porters, etc. that are sweeter.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2014, 03:51:22 PM »
To be frank theres very few Beers I dont like.

Im the same way, not many beers i can say i do not like..... The only one i can honestly say i do not like is Budweiser....
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.