Author Topic: This game is dead unless things change  (Read 9394 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: This game is dead unless things change
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2014, 02:49:08 AM »
Ah, the instant gratification generation. Show me how to immediately or I'll go elsewhere.

One of the things I like about this game is that everything you know you have to earn. Being respectful to Morfiend is a small price to help you on your way, let alone a common courtesy.

I would probably have never subscribed to warbirds if I didn't have the offline mode to practice air combat with. I wanted to know that I can hold my own before going online. After I became efficient enough to kill the drones at the difficult level, I went online for the first time. And I was instantly hooked on how much different it was to play against real humans instead of bots.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2014, 10:34:38 AM »
Ah, the instant gratification generation. Show me how to immediately or I'll go elsewhere.

One of the things I like about this game is that everything you know you have to earn. Being respectful to Morfiend is a small price to help you on your way, let alone a common courtesy.

Ah, the person that had no idea what happened but feels he needs to weigh in on the subject. Given I have been playing this game for a good 6 years now I don't think I went elsewhere.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »
Ah, the person that had no idea what happened but feels he needs to weigh in on the subject. Given I have been playing this game for a good 6 years now I don't think I went elsewhere.

I managed to gain a small idea from your description and then a good deal more when Morfiend said you were being childish.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2014, 12:22:24 PM »
Olds, let me help you out by offering to you a response that would be appropriate coming from you at this time.

"To Morphine,

I thank you for your kind offer to help me in the training arena.  I know that your time is valuable and I apologize for waisting it with my childish behavior.  I made the mistake of thinking I knew what I was doing when I do not.  I was embarrassed when my limited skill set was shown and in my stubbornness I tried to cling to my faulty ACM instead of listening and learning what I had come to the TA for in the first place.  I very much want to become a more skilled player and would greatly appreciate a second chance in the TA for a second session with you."

Feel free to cut and paste this Olds.

:salute Good luck.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2014, 12:56:24 PM »
^^^   :rofl

I appreciate the thought Zoney but he doesnt need to do that,nor would I expect him to either!

:salute

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2014, 01:02:41 PM »
Olds, let me help you out by offering to you a response that would be appropriate coming from you at this time.

"To Morphine,

I thank you for your kind offer to help me in the training arena.  I know that your time is valuable and I apologize for waisting it with my childish behavior.  I made the mistake of thinking I knew what I was doing when I do not.  I was embarrassed when my limited skill set was shown and in my stubbornness I tried to cling to my faulty ACM instead of listening and learning what I had come to the TA for in the first place.  I very much want to become a more skilled player and would greatly appreciate a second chance in the TA for a second session with you."

Agreed Zoney.

Morph is a gentleman and asset to the community. 

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2014, 02:01:17 PM »

"To Morphine,

I thank you for your kind offer to help me in the training arena.  I know that your time is valuable and I apologize for waisting it with my childish behavior.  I made the mistake of thinking I knew what I was doing when I do not.  I was embarrassed when my limited skill set was shown and in my stubbornness I tried to cling to my faulty ACM instead of listening and learning what I had come to the TA for in the first place.  I very much want to become a more skilled player and would greatly appreciate a second chance in the TA for a second session with you."

Again you where not there and you have no idea at all what actually happened. Its like wow say one slightly bad thing about someone on the forums (Notice how I didn't mention ANY names at first) and bam you are a witch and shall be burned at the stake.

Also I wasn't in a TA session with morf I was fighting with somebody else and asked morf I he was a open target because I was trying to learn the 30mm on the k4 better. For now on I shall record ever sortie I fly to prevent this kind of name calling BS to happen on the forums and simply post the film, and good day!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:03:30 PM by olds442 »

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2014, 02:20:06 PM »
 It's nice that AH want's to give us a new terrain model but it would be a lot better if they fix the problems with the aircraft and overall game model. IMHO; Russian planes benefit from very generous stats. Bombers that can do tight turns with bombs. Actually out turning fighters. Eny doesn't do much good if the majority of two countries battle a third. Same old maps. Same strategy.  :bhead

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2014, 02:22:07 PM »
Its like wow say one slightly bad thing about someone...

You didn't do that though, you said:-

A learned so much, the TA is useless.

But actually it turned out it was useless for you because of you on this particular occasion.

A better thing to have learned might have been that deporting yourself in a certain way is counterproductive for yourself.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2014, 03:02:29 PM »
   I appreciate the thought Zoney but he doesnt need to do that,nor would I expect him to either!

Btw, thanks for taking the time to help me figure out what was zapping my FPS yesterday .... AND .... the visit was good, too.  :cheers:

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »
You didn't do that though, you said:-

But actually it turned out it was useless for you because of you on this particular occasion.

A better thing to have learned might have been that deporting yourself in a certain way is counterproductive for yourself.

(Image removed from quote.)

Only after the hail of people saying how I was wrong but didn't know the situation.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2014, 03:27:04 PM »
Only after the hail of people saying how I was wrong but didn't know the situation.

Then perhaps you'd better explain the situation better if you feel you have been misrepresented. The responses were based on your comments after all and you did bring this subject up (and were rule 4ed for it).

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2014, 11:18:55 AM »
I have been trying out our main competitor as of late. The dreaded "Woe" Thunder.

On Realism mode it is sufficiently realistic to provide a challenge but not too over the top to scare off the middle ground. Kind of similar to AH2's current set up. But in regards to the OP I say he has made very good points.

The HTC crowd are the best small company in the world as far as I am concerned, no one beats their love and dedication to their passion and product. And their business model is second to none. The product itself however by its very nature is inaccessible to a huge chunk of the market.

All things considered, War Thunder while lacking the depth of AH2, is a fun, reasonably challenging, reasonably realistic game (at least after a million patches and a few flight model overhauls anyway), with alot of fast paced kill, boom, SPLOSIONS WOW YAY in there.

We need smaller maps, and that graphics patch. Those two things will bring numbers back. At least I hope so.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2014, 08:27:34 PM »
I have been trying out our main competitor as of late. The dreaded "Woe" Thunder.

On Realism mode it is sufficiently realistic to provide a challenge but not too over the top to scare off the middle ground. Kind of similar to AH2's current set up. But in regards to the OP I say he has made very good points.

The HTC crowd are the best small company in the world as far as I am concerned, no one beats their love and dedication to their passion and product. And their business model is second to none. The product itself however by its very nature is inaccessible to a huge chunk of the market.

All things considered, War Thunder while lacking the depth of AH2, is a fun, reasonably challenging, reasonably realistic game (at least after a million patches and a few flight model overhauls anyway), with alot of fast paced kill, boom, SPLOSIONS WOW YAY in there.

We need smaller maps, and that graphics patch. Those two things will bring numbers back. At least I hope so.

This, I hate doing nothing while looking for a fight 2 sectors away then when I finally get there just for the fight to die or people to come in at 20k plus...

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2014, 04:22:05 PM »

Example? Cockpit-only views.

The user either has to
a) Spend $100 for TrackIR, take weeks to learn the setup, and then wear a hat (or other device) for gameplay,
b) Build their own tracking software, spending money for the materals, take weeks to learn the setup... and wear a hat (or other device) for gameplay,
c) Use a non-intuitive hatswitch+multi-key combination to get limited 45* views, or
d) Not adapt and fly at a disadvantage.

Many of us would laugh at thinking the above is complex (I personally run TrackIR and find it very easy to use), but for your average user, this is beyond ridiculous. And for what advantage? To say that "we're realistic"? The only functional limitation of cockpit-only views is shooting over the cowling and lead-turning someone at close range.

In real life, it's comparatively effortless to track another plane while flying, much more so than this game makes it.

Snap view is pretty effortless and intuitive if you know how to set up your Head Positions for Snap Views. I was watching some of your Dora flying videos this morning, and I think I can actually see behind and around the headrest better with the way I have snap views setup than you can with your TrackIR. The real problem is that the Head Positions for snap views aren't set up well for visibility by default, that is what should be fixed IMO. However, head position files can be downloaded and pasted directly to your Aces High controller. And if you want to use the same head positions for say, the entire Fw-190 family, you can just set head positions for one aircraft and then copy and rename the same hps file to give you the same views in the other AC.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 04:25:13 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."