Author Topic: Possible bug on Germany Winter terrain  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Possible bug on Germany Winter terrain
« on: April 02, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »
I was asked by 49Merlin to upload the Germany Winter terrain as a custom arena. He had tried himself but kept getting an error message. When I tried I also got an error message, namely: "Problem occurred while retrieving ahiiterr/3.res".

Edit: Merlin says he's managed to make it work now.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:01:23 PM by Greebo »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Possible bug on Germany Winter terrain
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 10:57:47 AM »
That is not a terrain bug.  It is a bug in the current custom arenas.  If the terrain is already installed, then the problem goes away.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline razmataz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 08:34:02 AM »
I was having same situation with ndisles. Is there a way to download the maps off the website? My computer crashed and had to get a new one so all the maps have to be downloaded again.

I like to go into ndisles and run VF-17's mission, its nice cause I can run the mission by myself or with the squad for squad training. I noticed here lately when flying with the squad the drones will only chase one person instead of the closest person. Is there a way to change that, its not fun trying to kill fixated drones?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 10:55:19 AM »
Here is how to get a terrain manually.

Use http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/ahiiterr/terrain_name.res (must be lower case) and place the file directly into the games "ahiiterr" folder.  Replace "terrain_name" with the name of the terrain.

For example:
http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/ahiiterr/ndisles.res
http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/ahiiterr/grinder.res
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline razmataz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 09:36:56 PM »
Thanks ImADot will do that  :salute

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 09:52:54 PM »
I'm getting the same error too. I just downloaded a new version of ndisles. When I try to use it I get the same error only now with a "5" on the end instead of a "4".

"Problem occurred while retrieving Ahiiterr/5.res"

Anybody who was actually seeing this error solve it? If so please let me know how.
Thanks!
Tex78

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 10:45:01 PM »
Problem has been around for about a month now, Skuzzy knows about it.  Hope they fix it soon as it is really killing our squad practices.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 09:15:07 AM »
I'm getting the same error too. I just downloaded a new version of ndisles. When I try to use it I get the same error only now with a "5" on the end instead of a "4".

"Problem occurred while retrieving Ahiiterr/5.res"

Anybody who was actually seeing this error solve it? If so please let me know how.
Thanks!
Tex78

If the terrain is properly installed, from the downloads link, the problem does not happen as the problem occurs when the game tries to run an arena without the terrain being installed, or if the incorrect version of the terrain is installed.  The error message comes from not finding the terrain the game is looking for on the downloads server and is borked, at the moment.

When you download the terrain, you must install it, manually, into the games "ahiiterr" folder.  If you have more than one installation of the game, check the working path by right-clicking on the startup ICON on your desktop and select "Properties".
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:17:43 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 10:53:04 PM »
Ok, checked properties of the startup icon. It is "C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High"
In the "ahiiterr" folder, I downloaded a new version of the ndisles.res file a couple days ago. I assume that is what is meant by manually installing it. I moved the old file out, put it in safekeeping just in case, and copied in the new file. Is there anything else I need to do? That did not fix the problem.
Thanks!
Tex78

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 09:53:23 AM »
What is the date and size of the file you installed?  Right-click then "Properties".
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese