Author Topic: Beginning to woner why i still play aces high  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
Re: Beginning to woner why i still play aces high
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 06:11:18 AM »
...If you've been more than 10 minutes in the tower, you get kicked....

This would be awesome. Imagine a whole bish horde booted while planning their next dirty deed.  :ahand
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 07:27:48 AM »
Plenty of perfectly good high ENY aircraft you can fly. Not every sortie has to be in a Runstang/Spit16.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 08:39:55 AM »
Many online games kick you out if you've been afk for a set amount of time, and it tends to be short. Why not simply implement a 10 minute rule? If you've been more than 10 minutes in the tower, you get kicked. This way, players who are afk wouldn't affect eny as much. And if you've been looking at war status and chatting for 10 minutes without flying anything, you'll just have to spend 10 seconds reconnecting again. Those are my 2 cents... :bolt:

And what would stop someone from spawning a tank and parking it under a tree someplace for 8-10 hours?

ENY needs to be more area specific than arena specific.

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 08:43:38 AM »
D-11?

400+ kills per tour, never an ENY issue and perks galore! :aok

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 09:27:05 AM »

The ENY and SIDE SWITCHING issues have been brought up so many times for so long, it baffles me that HTC doesn't address the issue. It's clearly a FACT that the majority of their PAYING CUSTOMERS disagree with the theory. It is the customers that play EVERYDAY and see the negative effects of it.

The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 10:03:46 AM »

The ENY and SIDE SWITCHING issues have been brought up so many times for so long, it baffles me that HTC doesn't address the issue. It's clearly a FACT that the majority of their PAYING CUSTOMERS disagree with the theory. It is the customers that play EVERYDAY and see the negative effects of it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with ENY, sideswitching is another story.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 10:04:53 AM »
Just as a point of reference, ENY is only a negative factor when it inhibits you. :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 10:07:46 AM »
Just as a point of reference, ENY is only a negative factor when it inhibits you. :D
+1 :)
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 10:08:16 AM »

Because almost all players forget or were not here before the implementations of ENY. Before it was implemented a country could be out numbered drastically for months at a time. Not a few hours. The few complaints about  ENY are nothing like the gnawing of teeth were before ENY was implemented.

Also people have a strange belief that only their country has people sitting in the tower, when common sense would tell you that all countries would have a close to same % in the tower, and hence kicking them out would not have any impact on the ENY. In fact if you believe it could lower the ENY , it could just as easily raise the ENY.

HiTech

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 10:10:49 AM »

No offense, but I don't know if you should go as far to say its a fact that the majority of their paying customers disagree with the theory.  I think the silent majority normally don't post their thoughts in these threads (me included). I personally don't have a problem with the policy and I understand why they implemented it.  Rooks had ENY issues all day yesterday and I couldn't fly a P-47M, but I simply hopped in a D25 or D11.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 10:14:51 AM »
ENY needs to be more area specific than arena specific.
In which case you may as well remove it as area specific ENY means no ENY limitations on mass spawning of a mission.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 10:41:17 AM »
In which case you may as well remove it as area specific ENY means no ENY limitations on mass spawning of a mission.

maybe you add a limit to spawns as in only 5 planes from a base every minute or so. Simulates the launching a grouping up or a real mission. Give the game time to adjust ENY limits for a zone. Also forces players to be more creative with the equipment they use when building mission profiles.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »
ENY based on how many players are in flight sounds like a great idea and could be easily implemented.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Online zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »
 :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2014, 11:56:06 AM »
Also people have a strange belief that only their country has people sitting in the tower, when common sense would tell you that all countries would have a close to same % in the tower, and hence kicking them out would not have any impact on the ENY.

:noid
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.