Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9296 times)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2014, 08:31:23 PM »
The 12 hour idea was absolutely horrible.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2014, 08:33:08 PM »

1 hour switch time is way too long.  I know that because many a time I would switch to a country that I thought was having a good fight and it would be just a base taking mission and I was stuck for another hour on the wrong fricking side. 

semp

I can tell you that never happened to me one time.  I switched plenty to the low side for any fight.  It sounds like you switched for a specific fight that you didn't do your homework on.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2014, 08:50:04 PM »
I can tell you that never happened to me one time.  I switched plenty to the low side for any fight.  It sounds like you switched for a specific fight that you didn't do your homework on.

oh boy, you forget when we switched and we both said, crap it was the wrong side.  just ask bunnies he was also there.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2014, 11:21:33 PM »
A 12 hour switch thread just wouldn't be the same without semp turning up  :rofl he doesn't like the 1 hour switch because people who were flying with him all bailed out switched sides upped from the base he was capping and shot him down  :devil since the 12 hour rule they just bail and don't hit 'o' on the way down when he starts talking on range  :D

Ah, now I understand.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2014, 03:59:37 AM »
wasnt a response posted 2 or 3 years ago?
The "just cause" was the most expleining answer one could ever think about.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2014, 08:29:40 AM »
simple solution, allow anyone at anytime to switch to the country with the lowest numbers.  You don't get to pic the side, it's an automatic switch once the player decides to switch to help balance the numbers.   At the same time, Any player that is in the tower or not moving/ Playing for 15 minutes, should have their session terminated or not counted in the ENY numbers.  That way the eny will be more accurate.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:31:26 AM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2014, 09:20:35 AM »
Reducing the switch times would motivate me to return, maybe!

This game is so incredible, but there is just something (unidentified as of yet) that keeps pushing back. Just can't put my finger on it.

But changing the 12 hour rule would definitely help.

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2014, 11:06:20 AM »
simple solution, allow anyone at anytime to switch to the country with the lowest numbers..
one possible solution here
AoM
City of ice

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2014, 11:22:29 AM »
Losing it is an awful tragedy..   :airplane:   ^^^ Does not makes sense because it will be abused just like everything else in the game..  like dealing with monkeys.. is it not?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:12:13 PM by craz07 »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2014, 11:34:38 AM »
simple solution, allow anyone at anytime to switch to the country with the lowest numbers.  You don't get to pic the side, it's an automatic switch once the player decides to switch to help balance the numbers.   At the same time, Any player that is in the tower or not moving/ Playing for 15 minutes, should have their session terminated or not counted in the ENY numbers.  That way the eny will be more accurate.

+1

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2014, 11:55:47 AM »
heres the kicker guys.. as you log on, you are matched to a side based on numbers.. or better yet just stay faithful to the current eny system and expand your horizons as far as what your flying.. it won't hurt that much i promise..
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2014, 12:00:10 PM »
oh boy, you forget when we switched and we both said, crap it was the wrong side.  just ask bunnies he was also there.

semp

I don't recall that but I'll call Ardy and ask him.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2014, 12:11:38 PM »
The 12 hour rule is absolutely chromosomally challenged.

There is a T-Shirt for people who like the 12 hour rule.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2014, 12:14:40 PM »
Ye gods....just change the damned time!  At least it would drive a change in the theme of the endless postings complianing about side swtch times i.e. more posts from the "chess piece loyal" complaining the old way was better, less from the furballing elite complianing about not being able to find a fight / be with squadies, etc etc ad infinitum, ad nauseam, ad adsurdium:rolleyes:

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2014, 01:07:47 PM »
heres the kicker guys.. as you log on, you are matched to a side based on numbers.. or better yet just stay faithful to the current eny system and expand your horizons as far as what your flying.. it won't hurt that much i promise..

that takes away player choice,  What I have been hearing for years , decades even is that players want the ability to change sides to help balance out the numbers and because of the current 12 hour rule they can't really do that.  What I'm saying is, if a player wants to switch sides to balance numbers, they should be able to do so with no restrictions.   They should be able to click on a button in the clip board and automatically be placed onto the side with the lowest numbers.  If they don't want to change sides they don't have to push the button.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes