Author Topic: Challenge Yourself!  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
Re: Challenge Yourself!
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »
You're right, let's all get in skillful high ENY birds and improve, I'll be in my completely balanced, 30 ENY, skillful Brewster if you need me.

And I'll be in my "slow, slightly maneuverable, has great guns its getting them trained on a completely balanced 30 ENY Brewster is a challenge" 110G.

i.e. You make a good point about ENY.  :aok

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2014, 01:49:28 PM »
I am really challenged any time I fly. I fly the p47d40 mostly but the wi fi in the hotel sucks, so I get the double challenge. I love my d40.
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2014, 06:37:06 PM »
You misspelled "extremely".

As to the OP, I agree.  I have my general 'knock around the MA' rides, but I quite often get into my head to try different stuff because I don't know them that well, or we're going to be using them in FSO this series...  Always good to change it up once in a while.  I can't imagine just picking just one aircraft and always flying it day in and day out.  There's so many planes in the set, with something to like about almost every one.  Except the P40 series, the P39, and the 190s. ;)

Wiley.

Bollocks!  There is much to like about the P-40.  As long as you don't mind it's inability to climb or accelerate, you should have no problems.
The P-40E is my one and only fighter of choice for this entire month.  Be ready to reap the whirlwind.  :devil

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 05:16:47 PM »
you know--i think your right---even though i have no trouble at all finding a fight-i think i''ll fly midwar planes the rest of this tour..starting tonite...i like the spitv and the la-5-p47d-25--p-38

well i tried only lasted 45 minutes.before i went back to the p-51d..maybe it was last nights map..all airfields were far apart...heck i chased a set of tu-tu's for 10 minutes-in a la-5 never caught them..he finally bailed--guess he got tired of me chasing him.maybe smaller planes on smaller maps will work.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 05:27:36 PM »
I've found that I like how the D40 handles better than the D11 or the N.  Plus you get funny looks when you manage to turn it enough that a 109k4 can't get a gun solution...   :rock

I managed
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 06:25:00 PM »
Hell. I'd be happy if more people were just upping airplanes again
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 06:36:55 PM »
Hell. I'd be happy if more people were just upping airplanes again

QFT

It would be nice if we could up airplanes.... where there not upping airplanes    :bhead
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2014, 07:04:17 AM »
I have to agree to this thread, I usually fly the spit 9 and have gotten pretty decent in that bird but wanted to learn something new so Ive been working on the 109g6 :airplane:  some days I can do well in it and others is just BLAH :bhead I like the "busyness" of it constantly have to dump a notch of flaps and throw the rudder where the spit is basically a point and fly plane IMO.  although it can be fun flying the spit  :joystick:

Offline TylerMac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 10:20:17 AM »
There's so many planes in the set, with something to like about almost every one.  Except the P40 series, the P39, and the 190s. ;)

Wiley.

Aw come on Wiley...  The 39Q can hold it's on if it's flown right  :joystick: :joystick: :joystick:
Card carrying member of Flak's Lawn Dart Club

***Alchemists***

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2014, 12:13:23 PM »
Aw come on Wiley...  The 39Q can hold it's on if it's flown right  :joystick: :joystick: :joystick:

:joystick: I loathe the 39's...  Absolutely loathe flying them.  Not really sure if it's 'challenging myself' but the last little while I've been flying the mossie six and doing some turnfighting in it, as it's a potential FSO ride this month.

It's a LOT better than I thought it would be.  I can get it to reverse at the top of a rope faster than anything else I've flown.  Not quite as controllable as the 38 at the top, but almost.  It's a lot more competent of a dogfighter than I had imagined it to be and that gun package...

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2014, 01:50:03 PM »
:joystick: I loathe the 39's...  Absolutely loathe flying them.  Not really sure if it's 'challenging myself' but the last little while I've been flying the mossie six and doing some turnfighting in it, as it's a potential FSO ride this month.

It's a LOT better than I thought it would be.  I can get it to reverse at the top of a rope faster than anything else I've flown.  Not quite as controllable as the 38 at the top, but almost.  It's a lot more competent of a dogfighter than I had imagined it to be and that gun package...

Wiley.

Try the 110G.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2014, 02:50:07 PM »
Try the 110G.

I've put in a bit of time in it in the past.  Another vastly underrated plane.  I'm finding the Mossie can do most of what I can do in the 110 and a fair bit seems better.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 02:59:23 PM »
I've been trying to get my act together in the 109g14.. went with that one over the k model because I prefer the 200 20mm's to the k's 65 30mm's which also doesn't have  an accurate rate of fire.. but i digress..  its very aerobatic... i like the low profile, appears to give manned guns fits trying to make contact.. but also at times it can be a bit annoying when diving.. 450 mph indicated or so it becomes difficult to manuever..
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 06:30:31 PM »
G14 is my main ride.. good all around plane with great gun package. I load up with all 200s and use it as a buff interceptor. at about 200 indicated it flips over and reverses nicely. But i have flown every single plane in the game.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2014, 06:33:49 PM »
I've put in a bit of time in it in the past.  Another vastly underrated plane.  I'm finding the Mossie can do most of what I can do in the 110 and a fair bit seems better.

Wiley.

True.  110 seems to turn a bit better but Mossie is faster, seems to climb better, etc.  I still prefer the guns on the 110g even if the Mossies has 4 lasers....er....hispanos.  :D