Author Topic: Challenge Yourself!  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Challenge Yourself!
« on: April 13, 2014, 09:13:14 AM »
Hello,

So many threads whining about leaving the game as it needs to be this or that for the game to be fun.  Why not keep challenging yourself?  Get out of those Spit16\La7s and low ENY birds and man-up.  Sure beats whining.  This game is what you make it.  Superbly crafted to emulate WWII planes like non-other.

I fly by one rule that keeps this game WAY fun to me: fly a plane just barely good enough to survive the given scenario.   Try it!  ;-)

This might mean actually getting to KNOW those birds BTW.

Good hunting sirs,

Slade  :salute

-- Flying as X15 --

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Challenge Yourself!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »
109 Emil FTW!!!!  :aok

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 12:27:23 PM »
If I could come back and fly I would, I miss the game - funny thing is the ones who whine about it really haven't taken off a year off like I have (family health issues left me with having my thrustmaster warthog packed up in the closet).
I doubt I can return anytime soon, but my advice is take a week/month off or try something different (FSO, Snapshots). If the games still boring, I hear Farmville 2 is out.
JG 52

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »
Hello,

So many threads whining about leaving the game as it needs to be this or that for the game to be fun.  Why not keep challenging yourself?  Get out of those Spit16\La7s\ and low ENY birds and man-up.  Sure beats whining.  This game is what you make it.  Superbly crafted to emulate WWII planes like non-other.

I fly by one rule that keeps this game WAY fun to me: fly a plane just barely good enough to survive the given scenario.   Try it!  ;-)

Good hunting sirs,

I approve this message!

:salute
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 04:53:05 PM »
Challenge yourself is excellent advice!  I enjoy flying A6m's in death canyon against 109's and ponies...  :rock
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 05:44:58 PM »
If I could come back and fly I would, I miss the game - funny thing is the ones who whine about it really haven't taken off a year off like I have (family health issues left me with having my thrustmaster warthog packed up in the closet).
I doubt I can return anytime soon, but my advice is take a week/month off or try something different (FSO, Snapshots). If the games still boring, I hear Farmville 2 is out.

I took off 6 months and I realized how much I really did miss the game...

You cannot find a game like this period...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 05:47:37 PM »
If you want a really fun challenge try flying the P47N for a week or a even a whole tour! Try to master handling it's massive weight because once you do the N model is one of the most superb dogfighters in the game!  :aok

Of course it is ENY 10 so when ENY kicks in try out the D11 at ENY 35! It's super light and a super fighter!  :aok

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 05:49:31 PM »
Hello,

So many threads whining about leaving the game as it needs to be this or that for the game to be fun.  Why not keep challenging yourself?  Get out of those Spit16\La7s and low ENY birds and man-up.  Sure beats whining.  This game is what you make it.  Superbly crafted to emulate WWII planes like non-other.

Good hunting sirs,

Did it 2 years ago when choosed to dogfight in a 190D. Dear, that many deaths, but one single victory over a spit could be sweet enough  :)
AoM
City of ice

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 05:55:12 PM »
I have immense fun getting kills in my Mossie and Hurri1.  Obsolete?  It's your flaming wreckage that's obsolete!  :D

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 06:02:39 PM »
You're right, let's all get in skillful high ENY birds and improve, I'll be in my completely balanced, 30 ENY, skillful Brewster if you need me.
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 06:04:41 PM »
You're right, let's all get in skillful high ENY birds and improve, I'll be in my completely balanced, 30 ENY, skillful Brewster if you need me.

And I'll be in my "obsolete" 30 ENY 109F4.  ;)

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 06:07:51 PM »
If you want a really fun challenge try flying the P47N for a week or a even a whole tour! Try to master handling it's massive weight because once you do the N model is one of the most superb dogfighters in the game!  :aok

Of course it is ENY 10 so when ENY kicks in try out the D11 at ENY 35! It's super light and a super fighter!  :aok

I've found that I like how the D40 handles better than the D11 or the N.  Plus you get funny looks when you manage to turn it enough that a 109k4 can't get a gun solution...   :rock
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 06:16:31 PM »
Hello,

Good hunting sirs,

:aok

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 08:41:02 PM »
You're actually talking to someone that didnt buy you prem? Wow........
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 08:41:50 PM »
You're actually talking to someone that didnt buy you prem? Wow........
I didn't directly talk to anyone, as much as you love it, you should probably stop trying to start drama.
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous