Author Topic: Hiding in the map room?  (Read 554 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Hiding in the map room?
« on: April 14, 2014, 05:46:52 AM »

Last night during a base defense, I got shot down over the town so I bailed and went to the map room.  My first time trying that.  I went down the stairs and waited at the base of the stairs.  Got killed before any troops showed up.

Should I have went all the way in for better protection?  Did not know if the troops just entering the stairway counted or they had to go all the way into the room.

The little guy is tough to control in those tight hallways.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Hiding in the map room?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 07:18:50 AM »
I believe you need to be closer to the entrance to shoot them before they count. I'd guess about 8' inside past the threshold turn around and pop as soon as they round the corner. But idk for sure, maybe you can be further back in the bunker, i'd doubt it would provide any more protection.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 08:20:02 AM »
Doesn't seem to matter where you are in the Map room, if the defenders put rounds in the map room you are dead.   However, if your being attacked by Knights, they seldom ensure that the map room is clear and generally show up with just once set of troops and in that case you can nail a few troop and pretty much be sure that you will hold the base.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 08:42:52 AM »
   I go all the way in to the back room where I can still see the door and base of stairs. Most strafing will miss you back there but the smart ones slap a bomb on top and you are done. It's a last ditch effort and most of the time you just prolong the capture.

Fun though when I thwart a capture and I have thwarted many.  :aok
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 06:09:36 AM »
Thanks for all of the replies.

Slate I had heard on the vox, claims that strafing would not longer clear the map room. 

It was fun to try so I will give it a go again.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 06:07:30 PM »
strafing works on vbase and port map rooms, usually need bombs for town map rooms.