Author Topic: Flying over Berlin, 1945, colour  (Read 237 times)

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
Flying over Berlin, 1945, colour
« on: April 20, 2014, 05:27:14 AM »
Saw this on YouTube, have not seen similar before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2wGkHg2JkQ

There's three reels, that's the "best" one I think. I believe the Reichstag is visible near the start, at the end the camera flies over one of the monumental flak towers.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline quig

• Nickel Member
Re: Flying over Berlin, 1945, colour
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 10:15:07 PM »
Bombed. To. S+hit.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 01:32:03 AM »
The flak towers are sexy.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 10:29:53 AM »
Bombed. To. S+hit.

What I can't figure out is how much damage is down to the bombings, and how much to Ivan and his friends Art Illery and Katy Usha.

Is there a way to tell? I assume there's enough folks here who would be able to say "that is/is not arty damage."
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB