Author Topic: Switch Sides Anytime You Want... for Perks...  (Read 5331 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Switch Sides Anytime You Want... for Perks...
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2014, 07:26:59 AM »
This isn't real? :confused:

INK - Destroyer of dreams
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2014, 09:43:05 AM »
Simple solution has been suggested many times, allow any player to switch sides to the lowest number side at any time.  To switch to either of the higher number sides 12 hour rule.  Simple button on the kneeboard to switch to the country with the fewest numbers, press here.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2014, 12:30:12 PM »
Traveler,

If all of the vile posts since last year had been for exactly that, and nothing else sans the vileness. It may have happened. Long time ago Hitech made a response to wishes with the concept of wishing for something to benefit the whole community and not just the desires of the OP or a minority group.

In 12 years I've gotten only a single wish granted. The updated target command. I hope it has benefited everyone as it has my efforts to create gunsights.

There still is a way to game side switching to only the lowest number side. Put together a flying circus of like minded who want to affect something in a country they can't switch to. Have some or all switch to the low number side to change the side they really want to the low number side. Then switch again. Not perfect but, simpler to figure out than 8th grade algebra. And then Hitech would have to impose a time penalty on you after you jump to the low numbers side. And the vileness would start back up in these forums.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2014, 12:55:20 PM »
Traveler,
If all of the vile posts since last year had been for exactly that, and nothing else sans the vileness. It may have happened. Long time ago Hitech made a response to wishes with the concept of wishing for something to benefit the whole community and not just the desires of the OP or a minority group.
In 12 years I've gotten only a single wish granted. The updated target command. I hope it has benefited everyone as it has my efforts to create gunsights.
There still is a way to game side switching to only the lowest number side. Put together a flying circus of like minded who want to affect something in a country they can't switch to. Have some or all switch to the low number side to change the side they really want to the low number side. Then switch again. Not perfect but, simpler to figure out than 8th grade algebra. And then Hitech would have to impose a time penalty on you after you jump to the low numbers side. And the vileness would start back up in these forums.
Not sure why you feel the need to categorize people posting on the subject of side switching as vile, or why it appears that you feel a need to overly complicate a simple approach to the side switching issue.
I’m sure Hitech and company could figure out a way to employ a side switching routine that would improve the game play of off hours players. 
Leave the existing side switching routine in place , currently the player gets to pic the side/country they wish to switch to with the existing 12 hour restriction.  Just add a side switching button on the kneeboard that when pushed, automatically placed the person pushing the button, on the side/country with the lowest numbers, no restriction. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2014, 09:36:20 PM »
You would really think that this poor horse is dead and worm food by now......no no and no..........btw ....very IN
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2014, 09:05:18 AM »
Simple solution has been suggested many times, allow any player to switch sides to the lowest number side at any time.  To switch to either of the higher number sides 12 hour rule.  Simple button on the kneeboard to switch to the country with the fewest numbers, press here.

How could I not see such a perfect solution before. Maybe because if a person is on the low number side for 12 hours, he can switch to the hi side, and then immediately switch back because you can always change to the low number side per your idea. Most people may have a problem with that concept.

HiTech

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2014, 09:11:24 AM »
How could I not see such a perfect solution before. Maybe because if a person is on the low number side for 12 hours, he can switch to the hi side, and then immediately switch back because you can always change to the low number side per your idea. Most people may have a problem with that concept.

HiTech

then make it so if you switch TO a higher side, you stay for x hours.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2014, 09:12:59 AM »
then make it so if you switch TO a higher side, you stay for x hours.

Wish granted I'll make the x 12 hours.

HiTech

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2014, 10:54:18 AM »

HiTech

It is your world and you make the rules.  Would have been nice to try a 2 hour switch before switching back to 12, for the given reason of: "that's the way it was before".  :(
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2014, 11:25:19 AM »

HiTech
:bhead
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2014, 11:53:24 AM »
Seems like a simple alternate way of handling it is available:  The minimum wait to switch is one (or insert some number lower than 12) hour(s).  Going to a more populated side is 12 hours.  Eliminates popping in to find a CV or outing a NOE mission or whatever spying would be enabled due to no time limit changes.

I'm probably missing some reason that won't work.  

AMAX  in game

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2014, 01:11:14 PM »
Seems like a simple alternate way of handling it is available:  The minimum wait to switch is one (or insert some number lower than 12) hour(s).  Going to a more populated side is 12 hours.  Eliminates popping in to find a CV or outing a NOE mission or whatever spying would be enabled due to no time limit changes.

I'm probably missing some reason that won't work.  

we had the one hour switch time before for a few years.  we took advantage of it, lots of us.  the 1 hour rule was meant to help balanced the sides, most of us used it to "get more kills".  It was pretty obvious during the time when a country was about to "win the war", they would almost always have an influx of players the last hour or two.

I totally understand why people want the time to switch late at night, I used to switch pretty often back then as the fights would start up and die pretty fast.  but 1/2 the time I would get stuck on a country that i thought had a fight but was just an unopposed base take.

perhaps it would help if each country would have its own color on the "darbar".  that way you wont waste your daily switch and could tell if there was actually a fight or an unopposed base take.  it wont affect anything as the two involved countries can already see "how many" of each are involved in that fight.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2014, 01:15:08 PM »
See rule #4 (the water comment over the top)

I said pretty water.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 03:44:42 PM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2014, 01:31:28 PM »
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:30:22 PM by hitech »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2014, 01:45:45 PM »
See avatar, update yours if you agree.