Author Topic: Switch Sides Anytime You Want... for Perks...  (Read 5328 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Switch Sides Anytime You Want... for Perks...
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2014, 09:36:36 PM »
Yes Lusche. It is the reason I didn't initially speak of why the change. I Wanted to have an completely none biased test.

HiTech

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2014, 09:41:31 PM »
Spying? Why is everyone worried about spying?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2014, 09:43:41 PM »
Yes Lusche. It is the reason I didn't initially speak of why the change. I Wanted to have an completely none biased test.

HiTech

You see me somewhat surprised, as I see most MA pilots being quite country loyal and not hopping back & forth between countries... only a selected minority
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »
This is very close to my opinion, including the 6 hour, I do not know for sure if 6 hours works as well as 12, but I do know from stats, 1 hour  does not work well. Most people assume that the limit was raised do to "spying issues". It was nothing to do with it. It is a simple fact that our stats show less of country imbalances with 12 hour vs 1 hour time limits with 1 hour the countries seem to always be out of balance. And the swings are constantly moving to different countries. With 12 hours the % of the swings are a lot less and the frequency of swings are less frequent.

I also understand the desire to be able to fly in the morning on week ends, and change again flying in the evening. And I have no problem with that concept. But I am also fairly sure that changing to 6 hours would have 0 impact on the amount of complaints and we would still have the same amount of gnashing of teeth for 1 hour, even though I know 1 hour creates greater country imbalance vs longer.

So things may or may not change in the future, but things will not change to any thing close to 1 hour. The value chosen is base on the damping effect of oscillation do to players changing side along and with desire to keep the time long enough that an immediate change and change back can not be used for a strategic advantage.

HiTech

was confused there.  being foreigner myself gnashing doesn even look like a word.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2014, 09:52:16 PM »
was confused there.  being foreigner myself gnashing doesn even look like a word.

semp

I was confused as well... :huh
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2014, 10:41:24 PM »
This is very close to my opinion, including the 6 hour, I do not know for sure if 6 hours works as well as 12, but I do know from stats, 1 hour  does not work well. Most people assume that the limit was raised do to "spying issues". It was nothing to do with it. It is a simple fact that our stats show less of country imbalances with 12 hour vs 1 hour time limits with 1 hour the countries seem to always be out of balance. And the swings are constantly moving to different countries. With 12 hours the % of the swings are a lot less and the frequency of swings are less frequent.

I also understand the desire to be able to fly in the morning on week ends, and change again flying in the evening. And I have no problem with that concept. But I am also fairly sure that changing to 6 hours would have 0 impact on the amount of complaints and we would still have the same amount of kn-ashing of teeth for 1 hour, even though I know 1 hour creates greater country imbalance vs longer.

So things may or may not change in the future, but things will not change to any thing close to 1 hour. The value chosen is base on the damping effect of oscillation do to players changing side along and with desire to keep the time long enough that an immediate change and change back can not be used for a strategic advantage.

HiTech

Thats reasonable and a pragmatic approach looking at the data and that's all anybody can ask. Had you posted this or just said you were looking into it a couple weeks back I personally would have backed off. Either way I'm glad you are weighing the options.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2014, 11:48:35 PM »

I also understand the desire to be able to fly in the morning on week ends, and change again flying in the evening. And I have no problem with that concept. But I am also fairly sure that changing to 6 hours would have 0 impact on the amount of complaints and we would still have the same amount of kn-ashing of teeth for 1 hour, even though I know 1 hour creates greater country imbalance vs longer.

HiTech

Thank you sir for giving a detailed response. I am happy that I was close to the mark.  :salute

wasnt saying that you did, you missed my point entirely.  Point being, I would hope that the only decisions that the manawar's of the gaming world influence is the decision to ban them.... Their ilk and their actions should have no bearing on gameplay policies, rules, etc. 

:salute Nishizawa.

My mistake then, and I agree.   :cheers:

semp

:lol It does look like an incomplete word/misspelled word, never really noticed that before.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2014, 12:38:29 AM »
it is helpful that hitech knows and thinkin bout the issue.  :aok

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2014, 06:23:30 AM »
Just allow switching to the low population side any time, no charge.  Keep 12 hour rule for switching to either of the other two teams.

Damn!  I agree with Karnak
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2014, 11:17:26 AM »
Thats reasonable and a pragmatic approach looking at the data and that's all anybody can ask. Had you posted this or just said you were looking into it a couple weeks back I personally would have backed off. Either way I'm glad you are weighing the options.

This..
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2014, 11:29:07 AM »
Just allow switching to the low population side any time, no charge.  Keep 12 hour rule for switching to either of the other two teams.

I think this would be fine if we tweak it a little bit.

Instead of low pop side switch at any time, let's make it. You can switch there without using your '12 hour rule'. But must stay there.. 2-3 hours before switching again (and switching again would use your 12 hour timer, so your stuck there until your 2-3 hour timer is done).   Because of what HiTech said.
It is a simple fact that our stats show less of country imbalances with 12 hour vs 1 hour time limits with 1 hour the countries seem to always be out of balance. And the swings are constantly moving to different countries. With 12 hours the % of the swings are a lot less and the frequency of swings are less frequent.

HiTech
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2014, 01:50:28 PM »
I think this would be fine if we tweak it a little bit.

Instead of low pop side switch at any time, let's make it. You can switch there without using your '12 hour rule'. But must stay there.. 2-3 hours before switching again (and switching again would use your 12 hour timer, so your stuck there until your 2-3 hour timer is done).   Because of what HiTech said.

HT has said why...........can we give it a rest now :bhead
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2014, 01:53:28 PM »
HT has said why...........can we give it a rest now :bhead

Can't you put anything productive besides complaints of others debating on topic?

Giving him material or ideas to work with is something that will assist him in 'fixing' this, and making it so these posts don't show up anymore. Whining for people to 'stop' does nothing.
HiTech

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2014, 02:26:17 PM »
Can't you put anything productive besides complaints of others debating on topic?

Giving him material or ideas to work with is something that will assist him in 'fixing' this, and making it so these posts don't show up anymore. Whining for people to 'stop' does nothing.

This. Be productive hawker or don't post at all.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2014, 03:41:47 PM »
  I just want to say I appreciate Hitech stepping in and setting the story straight.  It helps a lot to understand why things are the way they are.   :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com