Author Topic: Switch Sides Anytime You Want... for Perks...  (Read 5216 times)

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
Re: Switch Sides Anytime You Want... for Perks...
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2014, 04:37:25 PM »
Can't you put anything productive besides complaints of others debating on topic?

Giving him material or ideas to work with is something that will assist him in 'fixing' this, and making it so these posts don't show up anymore. Whining for people to 'stop' does nothing.

Nothing to FIX...HT said why he did it .....case closed....dead horse dead......he got the data and said he feels this the right thing to do. How many WHINE threads have there been in the last month about the 12 hour rule....5, 10, 15 and soon there will be 10-15 more threads about this subject because people won't read what HT said. What he said was good enough for me.

If you did not read it..............

This is very close to my opinion, including the 6 hour, I do not know for sure if 6 hours works as well as 12, but I do know from stats, 1 hour  does not work well. Most people assume that the limit was raised do to "spying issues". It was nothing to do with it. It is a simple fact that our stats show less of country imbalances with 12 hour vs 1 hour time limits with 1 hour the countries seem to always be out of balance. And the swings are constantly moving to different countries. With 12 hours the % of the swings are a lot less and the frequency of swings are less frequent.

I also understand the desire to be able to fly in the morning on week ends, and change again flying in the evening. And I have no problem with that concept. But I am also fairly sure that changing to 6 hours would have 0 impact on the amount of complaints and we would still have the same amount of kn-ashing of teeth for 1 hour, even though I know 1 hour creates greater country imbalance vs longer.

So things may or may not change in the future, but things will not change to any thing close to 1 hour. The value chosen is base on the damping effect of oscillation do to players changing side along and with desire to keep the time long enough that an immediate change and change back can not be used for a strategic advantage.

HiTech
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 04:44:10 PM by HawkerMKII »
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2014, 04:51:45 PM »
hmmmmm

seems...."things may or may not change..."

you missed that part Hawker

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2014, 04:54:08 PM »
hmmmmm

seems...."things may or may not change..."

you missed that part Hawker
This...  Doesn't sound very "case closed" to me

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2014, 05:25:02 PM »
If you did not read it..............

Did you?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2014, 06:26:50 PM »
Everything since HT's reply in here reminds me of Dumb and Dumber.

"You've got a one in a million shot."

"...so you're saying there's a chance!"

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2014, 07:00:31 PM »

Giving him material or ideas to work with is something that will assist him in 'fixing' this, and making it so these posts don't show up anymore.

I also understand the desire to be able to fly in the morning on week ends, and change again flying in the evening. And I have no problem with that concept. But I am also fairly sure that changing to 6 hours would have 0 impact on the amount of complaints and we would still have the same amount of kn-ashing of teeth for 1 hour, even though I know 1 hour creates greater country imbalance vs longer.

HiTech

even hitech knows this type of threads will never go away.  we had them we it used to be 1 hour switch time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »
The raised fist surprises me.  Not what the symbol I would expect from a group of players that probably take issue with most of the groups that have used it as a symbol over the years  :headscratch:  :D
AMAX  in game

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2014, 07:27:42 PM »
Another concept worth thinking about is what truly defines "Low Numbered Side".  If the sides are 74 bish 75 rooks, 75 knights is bish really the low numbered side?  To me those sides are even.  If it was ever to be explored for players to be able to rebalance to low number side, a reasonable algorithm to determine if a side qualifies as low numbered side should be formulated.  To me it should somewhat be like if Side 1/(side2 + side3) <= 0.29, Side 1="Low Numbered Side".

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2014, 07:32:30 PM »
Another concept worth thinking about is what truly defines "Low Numbered Side".  If the sides are 74 bish 75 rooks, 75 knights is bish really the low numbered side?  To me those sides are even.  If it was ever to be explored for players to be able to rebalance to low number side, a reasonable algorithm to determine if a side qualifies as low numbered side should be formulated.  To me it should somewhat be like if Side 1/(side2 + side3) <= 0.29, Side 1="Low Numbered Side".

what we need is something that auto kicks people who are afk.. sometimes it shows the arena has 150 people and yet only 50 are flying, 50 are GVing and 50 are afk.

Kick the damn afk people after 15 minutes.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2014, 07:41:42 PM »
sometimes it shows the arena has 150 people and yet only 50 are flying, 50 are GVing and 50 are afk.

1/3rd in tower is about a standard value. That doesn't mean they are afk - most of them are watching the map to chose their next sortie location, planning missions with their squad, selecting loadout in hangar and so on. Maybe it's different for you, but I for one are not flying sorties non stop. I probably spend more than 50% of my time in tower, often watching the map to identify possible bomber missions on dar.

And by the way, the number of players in GV seems to be almost traditionally being overestimated most of the time. CraterMa is probably the only map getting anywhere close of this number.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:44:19 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2014, 07:54:46 PM »
what we need is something that auto kicks people who are afk.. sometimes it shows the arena has 150 people and yet only 50 are flying, 50 are GVing and 50 are afk.

Kick the damn afk people after 15 minutes.

That's the other half of it.  Somebody afk in the tower should not count.  But what constitutes "afk"?  10 minutes of zero mouse movement? 30 minutes?  30 minutes without taking off? 

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2014, 07:55:52 PM »
Did you?

Yes and your one of the MANY who say I can Never find a fight unless I can switch sides..... I say BS.......you all need eye charts.  Every time I log on...night, day, weekends I can find and DIE in a fight. In my opinion, most who want a less than 12 hour rule are score or rank ho's, not about the fight or fun. So go ahead and whine, whine, whine about the 12 hr rule, it's HT's sand box and what he said is good enough for me :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2014, 08:22:26 PM »

Yes and your one of the MANY who say I can Never find a fight unless I can switch sides..... I say BS.......you all need eye charts.  Every time I log on...night, day, weekends I can find and DIE in a fight. In my opinion, most who want a less than 12 hour rule are score or rank ho's, not about the fight or fun. So go ahead and whine, whine, whine about the 12 hr rule, it's HT's sand box and what he said is good enough for me :salute

Oh stop it, quit sub categorizing me into an imaginary group that you have manifested from your extrapolations of half-read posts.  I have never said I can't find a fight.  I have specifically said that I have hard times finding fights late night on the weekends most of the time.

One of my recent posts:

If you fly US late night exclusively, I feel your pain bro.  If you fly during US Primetime, you are being a primadonna because despite there being historically low numbers, there are still fights to be had most, keyword, most nights.  Late night when the herd thins out and you can't find a fight, it's logging time since switching sides is out of the question.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2014, 08:57:30 PM »
I have a hunch this may end very badly for some.
HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2014, 08:57:41 PM »
Oh stop it, quit sub categorizing me into an imaginary group that you have manifested from your extrapolations of half-read posts.  I have never said I can't find a fight.  I have specifically said that I have hard times finding fights late night on the weekends most of the time.

One of my recent posts:

you just quoted yourself "....and you cant find a fight....".

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.