Author Topic: Switch Sides Anytime You Want... for Perks...  (Read 5224 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Switch Sides Anytime You Want... for Perks...
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2014, 09:02:20 PM »
you just quoted yourself "....and you cant find a fight....".

semp

Semp, sometimes you must take words and sentences in context with the rest of a paragraph to obtain meaning.   

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2014, 09:34:34 PM »
Semp, sometimes you must take words and sentences in context with the rest of a paragraph to obtain meaning.   

if we all took words and sentences in the context in which they were meant, I would have never gotten my signature :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2014, 09:41:14 PM »
So things may or may not change in the future, but things will not change to any thing close to 1 hour.

I may not have been as vocal as some of the forum members, but I appreciate the fact you're examining the subject. Take away the ability to get scores, perks, control CVs, but please allow us to switch more frequently.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2014, 11:40:31 PM »
This. Be productive hawker or don't post at all.

Can't you put anything productive besides complaints of others debating on topic?

Giving him material or ideas to work with is something that will assist him in 'fixing' this, and making it so these posts don't show up anymore. Whining for people to 'stop' does nothing.
:noid

How dare you! Way to stand up to someone who is doing the same thing you are doing, expressing an opinion! Not one thing discussed on the BBS is important unless it is to call attention to someone's misfortune that might find person/s who have the ability to ease their ails in some small manner, but that is not the purpose, just a humanitarian side effect, of the BBS. Let me do what you did, give advice and demand others do things your way... Drop this dead, useless, issue that a small minority of egotistic interdweeb players have taken up to try and bully the game creators into making people play the game the way they want to play. Leave other people alone, not one of you has any right to tell anyone they can not post on here. Wow, you guys sure think a lot of yourselves... all because you can shoot down more pixels in a game... get over it dudes, seriously. No one on here, and especially the game creators, owes you any reason to have to put up with your cliques little badgering, gnashing, aggressive, petty attacks. They're old, weak, and incredibly pretentious.  :cry When your "discussion" just keeps spouting the exact same ideas there is nothing constructive, it's destructive, evasive, an utterly passive aggressive strategy to try and wear the other side down contrary to their wishes. You aren't trying to do something beneficial for the community at large, only to do something for a small, selfish piece of it who feel they are entitled for some reason. So you don't like the rule, quit if after the first wish it is not acted on by the owners to your satisfaction. Friggin board spamming terror attacks haven't worked, give it a rest for a while. Honestly, what nonsense! I do hope hitech does bring out the locks and ban hammers soon for all of us who keep these posts going, it would be worth not having to see this same banality over and over. I bet change would have been much better served with humilty, patience, and understanding.

:uhoh the kewl kidz are gonna get me now...
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2014, 11:59:50 PM »

How dare you! Way to stand up to someone who is doing the same thing you are doing, expressing an opinion! Not one thing discussed on the BBS is important unless it is to call attention to someone's misfortune that might find person/s who have the ability to ease their ails in some small manner, but that is not the purpose, just a humanitarian side effect, of the BBS. Let me do what you did, give advice and demand others do things your way... Drop this dead, useless, issue that a small minority of egotistic interdweeb players have taken up to try and bully the game creators into making people play the game the way they want to play. Leave other people alone, not one of you has any right to tell anyone they can not post on here. Wow, you guys sure think a lot of yourselves... all because you can shoot down more pixels in a game... get over it dudes, seriously. No one on here, and especially the game creators, owes you any reason to have to put up with your cliques little badgering, gnashing, aggressive, petty attacks. They're old, weak, and incredibly pretentious.  :cry When your "discussion" just keeps spouting the exact same ideas there is nothing constructive, it's destructive, evasive, an utterly passive aggressive strategy to try and wear the other side down contrary to their wishes. You aren't trying to do something beneficial for the community at large, only to do something for a small, selfish piece of it who feel they are entitled for some reason. So you don't like the rule, quit if after the first wish it is not acted on by the owners to your satisfaction. Friggin board spamming terror attacks haven't worked, give it a rest for a while. Honestly, what nonsense! I do hope hitech does bring out the locks and ban hammers soon for all of us who keep these posts going, it would be worth not having to see this same banality over and over. I bet change would have been much better served with humilty, patience, and understanding.

Maybe a few posting violations here  ;)

A. No one told me there was a clique, but no one tells me crap.
B. Hope you feel better.
C. OP probably doesn't appreciate being lumped into the Motley Crew with the rest of the degenerates.
D. If you aren't already, maybe you should become a politician. 

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2014, 12:18:21 PM »

D. If you aren't already, maybe you should become a politician. 
He'd be good at with line of bs. But apparently it's acceptable.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2014, 05:24:19 PM »
This is very close to my opinion, including the 6 hour, I do not know for sure if 6 hours works as well as 12, but I do know from stats, 1 hour  does not work well. Most people assume that the limit was raised do to "spying issues". It was nothing to do with it. It is a simple fact that our stats show less of country imbalances with 12 hour vs 1 hour time limits with 1 hour the countries seem to always be out of balance. And the swings are constantly moving to different countries. With 12 hours the % of the swings are a lot less and the frequency of swings are less frequent.

I also understand the desire to be able to fly in the morning on week ends, and change again flying in the evening. And I have no problem with that concept. But I am also fairly sure that changing to 6 hours would have 0 impact on the amount of complaints and we would still have the same amount of kn-ashing of teeth for 1 hour, even though I know 1 hour creates greater country imbalance vs longer.

So things may or may not change in the future, but things will not change to any thing close to 1 hour. The value chosen is base on the damping effect of oscillation do to players changing side along and with desire to keep the time long enough that an immediate change and change back can not be used for a strategic advantage.

HiTech

I understand you my not feel like giving out this information but what percentage of players have multiple accounts?
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2014, 05:31:04 PM »

I'm not one for purse fights, so your wrong there :)

I only said that to him because most of his posts are 'shut up' ' stop whining' etc. Why bother posting that when it won't do the discussion any good and risk it getting derailed? At least post something relevant to the topic. The latter is picking a side, the former is simply voicing your opinion, yes, but provoking fights rather than discussion.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2014, 07:27:55 PM »
I'm not one for purse fights, so your wrong there :)

I only said that to him because most of his posts are 'shut up' ' stop whining' etc. Why bother posting that when it won't do the discussion any good and risk it getting derailed? At least post something relevant to the topic. The latter is picking a side, the former is simply voicing your opinion, yes, but provoking fights rather than discussion.

Did I tell you to shut up......NO.......but how many post have there been in the last month about the same thing. Read form rules.............

3- Do not open a new thread that duplicates a current topic.

8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2014, 08:39:12 PM »
This is very close to my opinion, including the 6 hour, I do not know for sure if 6 hours works as well as 12, but I do know from stats, 1 hour  does not work well. Most people assume that the limit was raised do to "spying issues". It was nothing to do with it. It is a simple fact that our stats show less of country imbalances with 12 hour vs 1 hour time limits with 1 hour the countries seem to always be out of balance. And the swings are constantly moving to different countries. With 12 hours the % of the swings are a lot less and the frequency of swings are less frequent.
Sir, when I was playing from 2008-2010 or so we had one hour switches. The numbers may have swung wildly, but I did not consider it a problem particularly as a player. From my perspective it was better than the fight-finding and socializing issues caused by the 12 hour rule. Is there some technical hosting issue created by swings in player numbers that I'm not seeing?

So things may or may not change in the future, but things will not change to any thing close to 1 hour. The value chosen is base on the damping effect of oscillation do to players changing side along and with desire to keep the time long enough that an immediate change and change back can not be used for a strategic advantage.
HiTech

Because it seems the 12 hour rule is not going away, I have chosen to bite the bullet and get a second account. By paying $30 a month instead of $15, I could theoretically have all the strategic advantage I want, I could hop in the air for whatever country is about to win to gain perks, spy out missions, etc. That is not the point, of course. Most of it is simply wanting to be able to fly with whoever I want whenever they come on, a practice which makes you feel more like this is a community with a shared passion instead of actual enemies fighting a war, a good thing IMO. Used to be easy and free, but I am willing to pay for the privilege, rather than limit my pleasure in the game in a futile protest. *Shrug*
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2014, 07:27:36 PM »
Sir, when I was playing from 2008-2010 or so we had one hour switches. The numbers may have swung wildly, but I did not consider it a problem particularly as a player. From my perspective it was better than the fight-finding and socializing issues caused by the 12 hour rule. Is there some technical hosting issue created by swings in player numbers that I'm not seeing?

Because it seems the 12 hour rule is not going away, I have chosen to bite the bullet and get a second account. By paying $30 a month instead of $15, I could theoretically have all the strategic advantage I want, I could hop in the air for whatever country is about to win to gain perks, spy out missions, etc. That is not the point, of course. Most of it is simply wanting to be able to fly with whoever I want whenever they come on, a practice which makes you feel more like this is a community with a shared passion instead of actual enemies fighting a war, a good thing IMO. Used to be easy and free, but I am willing to pay for the privilege, rather than limit my pleasure in the game in a futile protest. *Shrug*

I am frankly considering doing the same thing, but not sure it is in the budget...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2014, 07:38:11 PM »
I am frankly considering doing the same thing, but not sure it is in the budget...

I did this for a very long time, believe it or not I had a second account for a few years, one of the biggest problems was getting into the split arenas back then, I would fly on my account and keep an eye on the arenas with my other one, when I could get in I did.
I generally kept the second account for my niece and nephew who always liked zipping around with a zipcode. Now I will probably just wait until my cash flow increases so I can get another account now.

Way I figure it, this allows me two side switches a day, when I get on around 1-4pm and there are little fights on, I can at least be on two sides. $30 don't seem bad especially when I killed $90 in rum at some bar in tampa this weekend.
JG 52

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2014, 08:21:11 PM »
I did this for a very long time, believe it or not I had a second account for a few years, one of the biggest problems was getting into the split arenas back then, I would fly on my account and keep an eye on the arenas with my other one, when I could get in I did.
I generally kept the second account for my niece and nephew who always liked zipping around with a zipcode. Now I will probably just wait until my cash flow increases so I can get another account now.

Way I figure it, this allows me two side switches a day, when I get on around 1-4pm and there are little fights on, I can at least be on two sides. $30 don't seem bad especially when I killed $90 in rum at some bar in tampa this weekend.

True.   When you put it like that....
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2014, 03:55:11 PM »
I killed $90 in rum at some bar in tampa this weekend.

Dude...you got ripped off. $90 worth of rum ought to be enough to kill *you*. Damned bars and their price gouging...
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."