Author Topic: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS  (Read 9326 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 10:41:33 AM »
 :o I realize that with the current economic conditions we all want our money to have the most impact, but please point me in a direction where you can have as much entertainment, hour after hour, for the $14.95 a month! While never is a "long time" I know of NO GAME on-line that comes as close to reality for us desktop "fighter pilots" as the AH does. It appears to me that the major issues with AH, currently, are the players not the game. Its a great game, enjoy it, if you don't leave, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Don't try to ruin it for the rest of us. Here are some suggestions to increase your fun level. Suggesting and Complaining are NOT the same thing. Suggesting is constructive while Complaining is destructive.

1. Play for fun, not to dominate everyone.
2. Remember everyone that kills you is NOT exploiting the game.
3. One shot kills DO happen, it is NOT uncommon. (Good Shots)
4. Takes 2 to HO.
5. There will ALWAYS be Bomb****.
6. There will ALWAYS be Spawn campers.
7. Lag is REAL! Deal with it.
8. Everyone Hordes.
9. Everyone Vulches.
10. No matter How good you are, there is ALWAYS someone better.

:rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 10:43:47 AM »
:o I realize that with the current economic conditions we all want our money to have the most impact, but please point me in a direction where you can have as much entertainment, hour after hour, for the $14.95 a month! While never is a "long time" I know of NO GAME on-line that comes as close to reality for us desktop "fighter pilots" as the AH does. It appears to me that the major issues with AH, currently, are the players not the game. Its a great game, enjoy it, if you don't leave, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Don't try to ruin it for the rest of us. Here are some suggestions to increase your fun level. Suggesting and Complaining are NOT the same thing. Suggesting is constructive while Complaining is destructive.

4. Takes 2 to HO.
8. Everyone Hordes.
9. Everyone Vulches.

:aok :aok

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 10:44:20 AM »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 10:44:56 AM »
OK I couldn't find a reply what I did find while looking for a reply is that you see the same people for the most part asking for a change. I would not call them the majority in the least.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 10:46:05 AM »
OK I couldn't find a reply what I did find while looking for a reply is that you see the same people for the most part asking for a change. I would not call them the majority in the least.
I see the same few people defending it.

:rofl

And YES nothing from HTC
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 10:47:15 AM »

4. Takes 2 to HO.
8. Everyone Hordes.
9. Everyone Vulches.

Statement of the week award goes to you.   I would be willing to pay 25.00 a month to play this game
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 10:48:31 AM »
Statement of the week award goes to you.   I would be willing to pay 25.00 a month to play this game
I'm not willing to pay 15 atm,to each his own.

:salute

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 10:50:20 AM »
Two weeks ago I was in the DFW area and paid a visit to the HTC office. Hitech gave a brief display of some of the new water/terrain...very cool stuff and not unlike what's been posted in the updates. I watched Dale at work and let me say, what he does is tedious stuff. The situation is no less demanding for Skuzzy.

It's safe to say that HTC is aware of the side switch time demands/complaints/suggestions, which have overtaken the general discussion forum of late. Each time Hitech or Skuzzy have to deal with a distraction on the BBS, less work is applied to the game re-write. I for one would like to see the game progress continue unfettered. Can we just leave the drama behind and let these folks do their' work?

+10000000000000000000000000000000000
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2014, 10:51:04 AM »
I see the same few people defending it.

:rofl
Just how many regular posters do you think there are on these forums? While looking I even came across a post of mine suggesting a compromise and acpe agreeing with others compramises. MY issue at this point is the blatant violations and those that choose to push the issue. Even after they have canceled their subs. OK canceling subs is a new tactic go ahead and see if that works better than spamming the boards, which is apparently not being well received by the guys who's house we are in. If ya don't agree with it go ahead and cancel your subs already,  but canceling subs then continuing to engage in a nonstarter of a tactic like spamming the boards is just plain obnoxious at this point. Don't make a threat, carry out that threat(cancel subs) then go back to a losing tactic like spamming the boards all you are gonna get from that is a PNG.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2014, 10:53:44 AM »
Just how many regular posters do you think there are on these forums? While looking I even came across a post of mine suggesting a compromise and acpe agreeing with others compramises. MY issue at this point is the blatant violations and those that choose to push the issue. Even after they have canceled their subs. OK canceling subs is a new tactic go ahead and see if that works better than spamming the boards, which is apparently not being well received by the guys who's house we are in. If ya don't agree with it go ahead and cancel your subs already,  but canceling subs then continuing to engage in a nonstarter of a tactic like spamming the boards is just plain obnoxious at this point. Don't make a threat, carry out that threat(cancel subs) then go back to a losing tactic like spamming the boards all you are gonna get from that is a PNG.
If i was HTC i would not being trying to make so many paying customers so angry when numbers are already low.

I would have given an answer about this long ago ,and try to work WITH my paying base.

That's just me though.

And who is loosing ,WE give HTC our money ,not the other way around.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2014, 10:59:34 AM »
If i was HTC i would not being trying to make so many paying customers so angry when numbers are already low.

I would have given an answer about this long ago ,and try to work WITH my paying base.

That's just me though.

And who is loosing ,WE give HTC our money ,not the other way around.
We purchase time on the AHservers AS IS.  You know HTC has to have seen the request but have chosen not to, address it at this point. I seem to want to remember that the change was made because that's how it used to be when the servers were merged and they just haven't changed it back. Still, trying to force the issue on the forums is not working so why continue to do it? It just doent seem like that big of a deal, when there are the updates to work on, and Skuzzy spends an awful lot of time helping people with their computer issues and other technical things. Is the 12 hour rule that much more important than helping someone with their computer or working on codeing for the updates? You have already shown that it is by cancelling your sub, but yet still persist on pushing an issue you have already played your strongest hand on.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2014, 11:02:29 AM »
We purchase time on the AHservers AS IS.  You know HTC has to have seen the request but have chosen not to, address it at this point. I seem to want to remember that the change was made because that's how it used to be when the servers were merged and they just haven't changed it back. Still, trying to force the issue on the forums is not working so why continue to do it? It just doent seem like that big of a deal, when there are the updates to work on, and Skuzzy spends an awful lot of time helping people with their computer issues and other technical things. Is the 12 hour rule that much more important than helping someone with their computer or working on codeing for the updates? You have already shown that it is by cancelling your sub, but yet still persist on pushing an issue you have already played your strongest hand on.
Ahh so i should just give up on the game and go away,no ty

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2014, 11:07:51 AM »
isn't that what you are doing tho canceling your sub and pushing an issue that may be the reason some were pNG'd and multiple upon multiple of rule violations and locked threads? Im not saying you aren't entitled to what you want, just that spamming the threads is obviously not working, and as Nishi pointed out this thing may have boiled down to a pissn contest.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2014, 11:10:40 AM »
isn't that what you are doing tho canceling your sub and pushing an issue that may be the reason some were pNG'd and multiple upon multiple of rule violations and locked threads? Im not saying you aren't entitled to what you want, just that spamming the threads is obviously not working, and as Nishi pointed out this thing may have boiled down to a pissn contest.
Maybe it is working more then you know.
And as you already stated,im playing my ONLY card, not re subing till this place gets more player friendly.
I did not ever say i canceled my account because only of the 12 hour rule btw.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2014, 11:13:02 AM »
Maybe it is working more then you know.
And as you already stated,im playing my ONLY card, not re subing till this place gets more player friendly.
I did not ever say i canceled my account because only of the 12 hour rule btw.
Sorry, guess that's the hot topic of the day, week  past 3 years. So I assumed  :salute
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep