Author Topic: SA - thoughts  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
Re: SA - thoughts
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 11:43:12 AM »
I bail out just before they get close enough for a proxy
AMAX  in game

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 11:55:11 AM »
But seriously, I'm usually in a Ki-84 and I would rather fight them lower.  So, I try and convince them to come down.  Usually, only one or two will come down and the others will stay high.  I try and avoid their passes and bleed their E.  When we get into it I try and give one the perfect opportunity to do a tailslide (they love that) while masking that I can actually get guns on them during the flop before his buddy gets around on me.  Just before I explode him, the two I guessed wouldn't come down swoop in and potato me  :D

Four decent sticks in k4s are trouble
AMAX  in game

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 11:58:05 AM »
Honestly the f4u-4 is the best in the game..  Why?? Don't even have to ask.. more like use it.. the only point you'll find..
Except the spit16 can out climb it, out turn it, out accelerate it, out roll it. The u4 is just faster... and i guess that makes it 20 perks more...
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 01:03:34 PM »
Perk planes included, the Me 163. No perk planes, I'd pick the Ta-152.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 01:19:15 PM »
in a Ki84

if I am fast (did I just get to 15K or have I been cruising along)

I would head directly to them...depending on my speed, I would try to go for some ALT on them....

you have a much better chance of killing them all if they are trying to come up to you....

fake attacks....try to get them all in the same air space....much easier to reverse 4 cons all close to each other then spread out all over....

fight in the vert, yes even against K4....

time your merge to when they are stalled out, land your hits at convergence....

if they are much faster I would slow down even more and just use over shoots and land hits as they pass by.....fighting nose down, but de-throttled....if they all slow down to within flaps usage, convert immediately to the vert fight....

the best fighters can switch it up with out thinking about it.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2014, 01:38:33 PM »
I will be in a TA152 when I see them.  I will probably be at 25k and at speed.  I will probably have been anticipating them because of the inbound dar bar.  I will have a 50/50 chance of killing the first one (maybe two) before they see me.  I will climb and then roll back around for #2.  If they are still tight they will most likely wait to break untill I am close.  As they break I will pretend to focus on one and then at the last second change to his wingman and kill the second one as he breaks hard because he misjudged who the target is.  Most likely the last 2 will seperate then.  I will hold my E and keep making passes on the biggest threat but hopefully never leaving one long enough to get above me.  The third guy will die because he lost patience and tried too hard for a shot.  The fourth guy will go nose down and run.  I will chase him back to the dar on his own base then break off and fly home for fuel and ammo.

Well, that's the plan anyway.

If they are smart and attentive, I don't get to sneak up, they never leave their wingman and stay in pairs and whip me untill I'm crying for my squaddies who will then swoop in and kill them all leaving me with nothing but a smile.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2014, 01:42:24 PM »
mossie and HO them all! :banana:

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2014, 03:49:24 PM »
when it's go time its go time..
                You think your better than me !? ( Lloyd Bridges quote) :rock
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2014, 04:34:52 PM »
a -4 hog... eat them lil minnows for lunch!  :aok

Below 10K I would argue with you that this is not a given. However at 15K the power-weight advantage of the 109 becomes smaller. The K4 still has 9 minutes of WEP to 5 for for the F4U-4 though, and this could become a factor.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2014, 04:38:29 PM »
B-17G Formation with guns ready to rock.

Why?

Because it's the only aircraft I can shoot another down with.  :)
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 04:59:01 PM »
If your high in the sky at 15,000 ft.. and you encounter, say four 109k4's.. which plane are you in and why.. I want to hear interesting answers.. don't tell me a story now i'm 33 years old for godsakes.. but a good answer.. and bear76 you are banned from posting here

Read initial post and went right to answer, skipped the middle.

What plane am I in? Why the one I took off in, of course.  :aok
Unless I joined someone to gun.  :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2014, 08:51:08 PM »
Read initial post and went right to answer, skipped the middle.

What plane am I in? Why the one I took off in, of course.  :aok
Unless I joined someone to gun.  :)

he only wanted to hear interesting answers.  what were you wearing?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2014, 10:18:57 AM »
If your high in the sky at 15,000 ft.. and you encounter, say four 109k4's.. which plane are you in and why.. I want to hear interesting answers.. don't tell me a story now i'm 33 years old for godsakes.. but a good answer.. and bear76 you are banned from posting here

The only hope you have of getting a straight answer on this is via PMs or hope someone in the Help Section takes it seriously.

If people wanna' be smart alecks at least answer the guy with a serious reply mixed in somewhere.

Great way to attract new players.   Representing the community really well there, people...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2014, 10:26:16 AM »

The only hope you have of getting a straight answer on this is via PMs or hope someone in the Help Section takes it seriously.

If people wanna' be smart alecks at least answer the guy with a serious reply mixed in somewhere.

Great way to attract new players.   Representing the community really well there, people...

hows that????

I gave him a straight answer...and I am not the only one.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2014, 10:29:21 AM »
keep it pms.. then no one will ever know.. what fun is that...  :rofl
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear