Author Topic: Newbe  (Read 2484 times)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: Newbe
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2014, 02:38:48 PM »
HI Raven3,
When Delirium is through with you, go here, fly in this ;)
http://pacificwar.wordpress.com/
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 02:43:02 PM »
welcome

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 02:48:46 PM »
Check if rudder trim is assigned to an analog control. That would prevent it working with a button or key press.

Thanks.  I have my analog Z rotation axis assigned to Yaw (Rudder), which is the way I wanted. But I was looking for a way to trim R/L Rudder as it is available in the Flight section.

Know any thing about mapping VOX mic to a button.  If you map a button to Radio 5 all it seems to do is to toggle the radio on .  I want to program a mic transmit button rather than using the T on the keyboard.
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2014, 02:52:40 PM »
Welcome. Maybe I missed it but if you could post what kind of hard ware your using the better we could help you out. Again welcome to AH.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 02:59:21 PM »
Instead of assigning "Radio 5" assign "voice transmit channel". Rudder and rudder trim can be set with keys, buttons, or analog control.

If you assign "rudder left/right" under "global" to buttons and have rudder assigned to an axis then the buttons won't do anything.

Make sure you have "trim rudder left/right" under "flight" assigned to your trim buttons. That's what Delirium was suggesting.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 03:02:06 PM »
Raven3, I went ahead and moved this to the "Help and Training" forums as it will get you answers faster there.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »
If flying is comfortable I'd advise you to turn off tbe stall limiter so as to get used to dealing with accelerated stalls and wringing maximum performance out of your fighter.  This is particularly true if you want to use turn fighters like the Spit V.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 03:45:03 PM »
Instead of assigning "Radio 5" assign "voice transmit channel". Rudder and rudder trim can be set with keys, buttons, or analog control.

If you assign "rudder left/right" under "global" to buttons and have rudder assigned to an axis then the buttons won't do anything.

Make sure you have "trim rudder left/right" under "flight" assigned to your trim buttons. That's what Delirium was suggesting.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It should have been obvious to me (duh).  BTW what is the difference between voice xmit channel and range??

Drinks are on me   :cheers:

Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 03:45:57 PM »
If flying is comfortable I'd advise you to turn off tbe stall limiter so as to get used to dealing with accelerated stalls and wringing maximum performance out of your fighter.  This is particularly true if you want to use turn fighters like the Spit V.

Thanks, where do I find it?
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »
BTW what is the difference between voice xmit channel and range??

Transmit channel: only others on the same tuned vox channel can hear. You can also type on that radio channel - comes in handy with chatty squads and you just want to say something but don't want to (or can't) interrupt the diarrhea of the mouth that some folks tend to get.  ;)

Transmit range: any friendly within a certain physical distance from you can hear. But, if you type on range (which is actually "Room") channel, anyone who took off from the same base as you will see it.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2014, 04:00:21 PM »

Thank you soooo much.  That made a big difference in control and maneuverability.  Really appreciate it. I will probably stay with the Spit for awhile, then try the "Run Stang" and Corsair later
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2014, 04:01:57 PM »
Transmit channel: only others on the same tuned vox channel can hear. You can also type on that radio channel - comes in handy with chatty squads and you just want to say something but don't want to (or can't) interrupt the diarrhea of the mouth that some folks tend to get.  ;)

Transmit range: any friendly within a certain physical distance from you can hear. But, if you type on range (which is actually "Room") channel, anyone who took off from the same base as you will see it.

Thanks. Makes a lot of sense now.
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2014, 04:02:52 PM »
Glad I could help.

Channel vox is tunable to a radio number or a player handle. You can also set it to Squad or Mission.

Range in the tower is room vox or text. Range will not transmit outside the room you are in. When you take off you are in the same "room" as everyone who took off from that field so they will all be on Range with you. Anyone still in the tower will no longer receive you.

You'll also want to set up your head positions to improve your views if you aren't using TrackIR.

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2014, 04:08:49 PM »
Glad I could help.

Channel vox is tunable to a radio number or a player handle. You can also set it to Squad or Mission.

Range in the tower is room vox or text. Range will not transmit outside the room you are in. When you take off you are in the same "room" as everyone who took off from that field so they will all be on Range with you. Anyone still in the tower will no longer receive you.

You'll also want to set up your head positions to improve your views if you aren't using TrackIR.

I was wondering what head positions were for.  I mapped my Hat Switch for Right/Left/Rear etc etc.  What is TrackIR?
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2014, 04:22:44 PM »
You can move your head position in the cockpit in real time but it's slow. You can improve all the default head positions with the arrow keys and page up/down. When you have the best view press F10 to set the head position. The home key restores the default view. Keypad 8 is an alternate front view that can have different settings from your primary front view.

TrackIR uses head tracking to move your view around. The tracking is accelerated so you can see behind you while still looking at your monitor.
It requires you to purchase the hardware. Some people don't like it but most that have it won't give it up as long as we still use monitors.

If you use hat views be sure to set a handy button to "up" so you can modify your hat views as well as look straight up along your lift vector.