Author Topic: Kindergarten Lessons  (Read 19331 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Kindergarten Lessons
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 01:08:04 PM »
Banned from the game as well as the BBS?

No.  Unless they give us some reason to go there.  I hope not.

One person got banned.

Anyone else involved got a one to two week suspension, based on previous suspensions or lack of.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 01:11:21 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 01:10:39 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen someone PNG'ed for anything other than being a complete jerk on the message board.  You don't get PNG'ed for expressing critical opinions; you don't get PNG'ed even for being a jerk -- you have get to a highly accomplished level of being a jerk for it to happen.

It's like a guy who is shouting and throwing his food around in a restaurant, ranting about how he doesn't like the clams in his clam chowder, and then getting the bum's rush.  "What did I do?  I didn't do anything!  You have no right to throw me out!  I'm a paying customer!  Aaaaaaaaa!"

Offline noobnite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 01:11:54 PM »
Just adding my .02 cents in....
I agree 100% with LtngRydr. This game is my outlet and recreation, a break from the reality. It also allows people with the basic intreast in avaition to mingle, compare notes, learn, and above all have fun. With that being said, we've all got some complaints, I'm sure. However, I try to keep in mind that whatever gripes I have, I will gladly deal with, simply because I love the game play, even with it's little quarks, and the general community. Those in the player community that are continually fussing about the various issues that have been debated since the game's inception, please stop. Learn to deal with the game as it is now, and adjust to the changes that have and will be made. Going and crying about the SOS gets old and after awhile everyone gets tired of listening/reading the bullshat, and generally forms the perspective of "Oh my God, does (insert callsign here) ever quit?" Have fun, learn, and make friends. Don't go crying and fussing about the same crud over and over. It detracts from the people that are here to strictly have fun. And as a side note, don't gripe at someone else for killing you. They may have got lucky, or simply be the better pilot (God knows about every Rook and Bish player has used me as a target at some point  :x) Learn what the other guy did, and if he is the better pilot, give the player his props. Be humble. Dont be too prideful to admit that you may have a weakness or made a bad choice. Send the other player a quick PM, tell him you appreciate the fight, had fun, maybe crack a joke. It may just foster a friendship and epic fights later on. If you feel like the other guy cheated in some way, that what film is for. (Though I've yet to come across a player that cheats on a regular basis and is still playing, the community I've noticed usually runs them off.)
Ok, off my soap box......
                                                 Respectfully submitted
                                                                         FBPasta
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »
Most of us just be like...

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 01:37:29 PM »
Screw the respect

And that is why the eventually got themselves PNG'd.  Quite frankly, if it was change they wanted, they went about it the wrong way.  Trying to bully a developer to change the game is not a very bright thing to do.  Of all the things to fall on their swords for, they picked a rather stupid reason.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 02:02:37 PM »
And that is why the eventually got themselves PNG'd.  Quite frankly, if it was change they wanted, they went about it the wrong way.  Trying to bully a developer to change the game is not a very bright thing to do.  Of all the things to fall on their swords for, they picked a rather stupid reason.

ack-ack
Glad to see others who are tired of the complaints and "temper tantrums". I don't care about the 12 hour rule, I'm a knight. I've learned to play the WHOLE game, and it's fun. If I grow tired of one aspect, there are several more to find some fun in. Those who insist on being one dimensional, then screaming over vox because someone else isn't playing the way they want them to have gotten really boring and detrimental to the game. If they quit the game because they don't get their way and then get banned or suspended from the BBS because they wouldn't quit whining, the game will improve. They are NOT AH2 gods, despite their own opinions of themselves. Many of them are AWESOME pilots, and really good guys, but the best pilots in the game, if they are detrimental to the game and the BBS, should go, if they can't change.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 02:05:45 PM »
-This !-

Glad to see others who are tired of the complaints and "temper tantrums". I don't care about the 12 hour rule, I'm a knight. I've learned to play the WHOLE game, and it's fun. If I grow tired of one aspect, there are several more to find some fun in. Those who insist on being one dimensional, then screaming over vox because someone else isn't playing the way they want them to have gotten really boring and detrimental to the game. If they quit the game because they don't get their way and then get banned or suspended from the BBS because they wouldn't quit whining, the game will improve. They are NOT AH2 gods, despite their own opinions of themselves. Many of them are AWESOME pilots, and really good guys, but the best pilots in the game, if they are detrimental to the game and the BBS, should go, if they can't change.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 02:57:19 PM »
Good night, I was off the boards for a couple days and blammo,  the ban stick was in full force.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 03:15:24 PM »
never heard of a business being a democracy , and once people realize that problem solved

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 03:38:31 PM »
Is this aimed AoM?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 03:40:07 PM »
Is this aimed AoM?

Just for the record, this is not about one squad.  Let's not make it into that.

Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2014, 03:50:50 PM »
Just for the record, this is not about one squad.  Let's not make it into that.

Thank you.
I'm not the one implying it is, his post can very easily be interpreted as being directed at us. His post is disingenuous at best yet it will remain. Save yourself the trouble, I'm taking an extended break anyway. I'd like to keep access to maintain contact with whatever is left of my squad after the dust settles.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2014, 03:57:30 PM »
I'm not the one implying it is, his post can very easily be interpreted as being directed at us. His post is disingenuous at best yet it will remain. Save yourself the trouble, I'm taking an extended break anyway. I'd like to keep access to maintain contact with whatever is left of my squad after the dust settles.

It can only be interpreted as being directed at anyone if it actually fits.  There is nothing in there implying it is about anyone.  It is a generic description of the typical problematic person.

Certainly from our perspective (HTC), it is not about a squad.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »
I bet some ice cold beer and some bacon wrapped scallops to munch on while the ribeyes grill would fix things.  Too bad everyone is so far from my back yard this evening.
AMAX  in game

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 04:09:18 PM »
I bet some ice cold beer and some bacon wrapped scallops to munch on while the ribeyes grill would fix things.  Too bad everyone is so far from my back yard this evening.

HiTech has a plane, or two. :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese