Author Topic: F-35  (Read 16966 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: F-35
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2014, 11:35:15 AM »

The data is out there.  Res ipsa loquitur.

Yes it is, and it does not support any of your arguments. If you think it does, post it.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2014, 11:36:16 AM »
Hilarious thread on so many levels. :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »
Hilarious thread on so many levels. :)

You know we Norwegians have a fitting word: "tragikomisk" ;)
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2014, 11:38:50 AM »
Hilarious thread. :)

I fail to see the humor in a bloated, taxpayer funded debacle that would be lucky to survive yesteryear's war, nevermind next year's.  
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2014, 11:39:28 AM »

The Super Power of Europe/Scandanavia. /sarcasm
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2014, 11:41:10 AM »

Heh, one of the funny aspects I find is the fact that had Norway chosen differently, currently, you would be saying that the F-35 is the worst choice possible. :D
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2014, 11:42:30 AM »
The Super Power of Europe/Scandanavia. /sarcasm

Yeah I though that was the basic level of your arguments. You are now rendered completely irrelevant. Congratulations!  :aok

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2014, 11:45:34 AM »
Heh, one of the funny aspects I find is the fact that had Norway chosen differently, currently, you would be saying that the F-35 is the worst choice possible. :D

No, actually I wouldn't. I thought the F-35 was the best option during the competition as well, with the Eurofighter a close second. As it turned out it became a race between the Gripen NG and F-35. Only one of those two actually fulfill our range requirements so it was very one sided. If we had chosen anything but the F-35 I would have been quite upset with our government.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2014, 11:45:56 AM »
Yeah I though that was the basic level of your arguments. You are now rendered completely irrelevant. Congratulations!  :aok

1/10.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2014, 11:47:09 AM »
No, actually I wouldn't.

...but of course.  :D
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »
Hey!  :furious

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2014, 12:30:05 PM »
The Super Power of Europe/Scandanavia. /sarcasm

Actually not far from the truth. I would rate western Europe, the Euro-Union, a "Super Power" on many levels.

Several of the countries have deliverable nuclear weapons/platforms as good as America has. They build as good, or better, modern weapons as America does. Far better then any other Industrial base. Including, arguably, the best short and medium range ATA missiles. The best tanks. The best short range defense missiles. Some of the best surface naval platforms, including carriers. THE best 4.5 gen fighter and fighter bomber. A Scandinavian country, Sweden, builds an incredibly sophisticated fighter for the money. I believe Norway build the penguin sea defense missiles that protects USN ships. Some of the top submarine talent in the world commands both nuclear and diesel boats in west Euro navy's. Probably the best medium airlift aircraft is built by the Euro consortium and on all levels of science they are either world class or world beaters.

Yes I would say the Euro-Union IS a Super power. One that unfortunately never agrees at one time, most of the time. But its no strecth to believe they could protect themselves from any realistic enemy alone without Yank help.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2014, 12:35:14 PM »
I did not mention conformal fuel tanks! Very few F-16 operators have them!

Only every operator of Block 50/52 and above:

Export aircraft for Greece, Chile, Israel, Poland, Turkey, Singapore, Morocco, Egypt and the UAE all plumbed for carriage of two CFTs mounted on top of the aircraft near the wing root. Each is capable of holding 450 US gallons (1,703.4 L)

Does not look like few...

It was recently that Israeli F-16I Sufa celebrated 10 years of service (and there are about ~100 of them in IAF only)

Additionally if you take a look, 3 drop tanks contain more fuel than 2 CFTs... so it works in either way  :) + There are no drop tanks for F-35 even designed.

So... still the fact remains the fact... F-35 range isn't close to one of F-16.

I already posted two IR dogfight missiles that the F-35 can carry internally! The British ASRAAM and the European IRIS-T. Pay attention!

How many of these missiles are operated by USAF/USN/Marines? (Rhetorical question) on the serious note - any of these missiles were tested... even AMRAAM isn't cleared - currently. Also fir IRIS-T and ASRAAM - please show me sources that state explicitly on a use withing weapon bay - because so far all these missiles are rail lunched.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2014, 12:36:44 PM »
Actually not far from the truth. I would rate western Europe, the Euro-Union, a "Super Power" on many levels.

Several of the countries have deliverable nuclear weapons/platforms as good as America has. They build as good, or better, modern weapons as America does. Far better then any other Industrial base. Including, arguably, the best short and medium range ATA missiles. The best tanks. The best short range defense missiles. Some of the best surface naval platforms, including carriers. THE best 4.5 gen fighter and fighter bomber. A Scandinavian country, Sweden, builds an incredibly sophisticated fighter for the money. I believe Norway build the penguin sea defense missiles that protects USN ships. Some of the top submarine talent in the world commands both nuclear and diesel boats in west Euro navy's. Probably the best medium airlift aircraft is built by the Euro consortium and on all levels of science they are either world class or world beaters.

Yes I would say the Euro-Union IS a Super power. One that unfortunately never agrees at one time, most of the time. But its no strecth to believe they could protect themselves from any realistic enemy alone without Yank help.

Lol!  They sure proved it in Libya.  Oh wait....
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2014, 12:38:19 PM »
Only every operator of Block 50/52 and above:

Export aircraft for Greece, Chile, Israel, Poland, Turkey, Singapore, Morocco, Egypt and the UAE all plumbed for carriage of two CFTs mounted on top of the aircraft near the wing root. Each is capable of holding 450 US gallons (1,703.4 L)

Does not look like few...

It was recently that Israeli F-16I Sufa celebrated 10 years of service (and there are about ~100 of them in IAF only)

Additionally if you take a look, 3 drop tanks contain more fuel than 2 CFTs... so it works in either way  :) + There are no drop tanks for F-35 even designed.

So... still the fact remains the fact... F-35 range isn't close to one of F-16.

How many of these missiles are operated by USAF/USN/Marines? (Rhetorical question) on the serious note - any of these missiles were tested... even AMRAAM isn't cleared - currently. Also fir IRIS-T and ASRAAM - please show me sources that state explicitly on a use withing weapon bay - because so far all these missiles are rail lunched.

Stop using facts.  You're such a hater.  :)
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -