Author Topic: F-35  (Read 17083 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: F-35
« Reply #300 on: May 14, 2014, 03:41:35 PM »
I am ruling them out, yes.  None of the primary powers will find use in risking so much for so little.  There are far too many non-state players with agendas that are easily manipulated by super-powers and when those manipulations go awry, you'll end up with country skirmishes, dictatorial replacements, government changes and ruling class upheavals.  World wars have simply outlived their usefulness.  

Additionally, NATO is fairly punkish but still wields the forum to create many alliances that, if caught early enough, will stop invasions of land, sea or airspace.  One big guy at a bar ends up starting a fight with the entire bar?  Not likely and even though he may land the first few punches, the rest of the bar will respond because in this particular case, the patrons are all off-duty cops.

China vs Russia would never be defined as a large regional war, lol but you did make a funny.

Just trying to adapt to your flawed terminology (or flawed theory, whichever).   But modern day naval officers tend to have a god complex.  No shock there.   :rolleyes:

The "funny" is the suggestion NATO is anything other than a paper tiger held aloft with rapidly dwindling American power.   They could barely handle Libya.  Actually, they couldn't....   Will be interesting when the dragon flexes...

Should be plenty of Joint Strike Failures guarding the sea lanes for the ensuing hundred years--from the bottom of the ocean.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:45:03 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #301 on: May 14, 2014, 03:54:29 PM »

Just trying to adapt to your flawed terminology (or flawed theory, whichever).   But modern day naval officers tend to have a god complex.  No shock there.   :rolleyes:

The "funny" is the suggestion NATO is anything other than a paper tiger held aloft with rapidly dwindling American power.   They could barely handle Libya.  Actually, they couldn't....   Will be interesting when the dragon flexes...

Should be plenty of Joint Strike Failures guarding the sea lanes for the ensuing hundred years--from the bottom of the ocean.

Your choice to believe Russian hype over American hype is interesting.

Vlad Putin Scored 6 goals in an exhibition hockey game against ex-NHL players! He's better than Gretzky. But Gretzky was just American/Canadian hype anyway.  :rofl

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:11:03 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #302 on: May 14, 2014, 04:01:18 PM »
Your choice to believe Russian hype over American hype is comical.

Vlad Putin Scored 6 goals in an exhibition hockey game against ex-NHL players! He's better than Gretzky. But Gretzky was just American/Canadian hype anyway.  :rofl

Putin is no wussy like the guy we have in charge.  That said, it is only natural for China to eventually want more territory.   Russia is declining rapidly in population and her economy is a shambles.  It opens up some interesting and scary possibilities...
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #303 on: May 14, 2014, 04:14:26 PM »
Putin is no wussy like the guy we have in charge.  That said, it is only natural for China to eventually want more territory.   Russia is declining rapidly in population and her economy is a shambles.  It opens up some interesting and scary possibilities...

My opinion is that the Russian leader and the American leader are both inadequate for the job they currently hold. Both men work very hard to project a false image of themselves, they just choose a different false image to project.  :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #304 on: May 14, 2014, 04:20:25 PM »
I wouldn't say American power is dwindling. Far from it actually IMO.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #305 on: May 14, 2014, 04:54:01 PM »

Ahhh, another post about it being someone else's fault.  Anyone's but yours, right?  Regional war was your terminology and pretending like you know me is a pedestrian method of deflection.

I understand your situational evasiveness, I really do.  But Ad hominem over opinions about future wars, be them regional or world inclusive, is beneath someone that has claimed to have a grasp on their own opinions and the ability to defend those opinions.  You clearly don't.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #306 on: May 14, 2014, 05:00:05 PM »

Putin has found a way to perpetuate his own rule.  I believe that makes him a dictator.  Dictators are only as strong as the environment they create for their people.  As soon as the environment changes (oil prices fall because they always do sooner or later, human rights violations like gay persecution etc) so will Putin.  The Russian people have nasty, rebellious history of deposing dictators.  Treat them well and keep them safe and you rule 1000 years in Russia.  Cause them pain and they'll eat you and your children.

Putin isn't a strong leader...he's a bully with his shirt off

Edit:  it's easy to see why you think he's tough
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:13:37 PM by Changeup »

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #307 on: May 14, 2014, 05:46:33 PM »
Putin has found a way to perpetuate his own rule.  I believe that makes him a dictator.  Dictators are only as strong as the environment they create for their people.  As soon as the environment changes (oil prices fall because they always do sooner or later, human rights violations like gay persecution etc) so will Putin.  The Russian people have nasty, rebellious history of deposing dictators.  Treat them well and keep them safe and you rule 1000 years in Russia.  Cause them pain and they'll eat you and your children.

Putin isn't a strong leader...he's a bully with his shirt off

Edit:  it's easy to see why you think he's tough

I am no Putin fan.   He is a thug.  But then again, so is our "leadership".

Shirt off.  Hmmm.  Projecting some of your fantasies?  I bet you won the Biscuit Game, right sailor?    :rolleyes:
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #308 on: May 14, 2014, 05:48:32 PM »
Ahhh, another post about it being someone else's fault.  Anyone's but yours, right?  Regional war was your terminology and pretending like you know me is a pedestrian method of deflection.

I understand your situational evasiveness, I really do.  But Ad hominem over opinions about future wars, be them regional or world inclusive, is beneath someone that has claimed to have a grasp on their own opinions and the ability to defend those opinions.  You clearly don't.

How do you define "regional"?  Or "conventional"? If a China vs USSR conflict devolves into a conventional war then just what is it to be called?   Do share with us your vast knowledge, LCDR.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:31:18 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #309 on: May 14, 2014, 06:15:27 PM »

Shirt off.  Hmmm.  Projecting some of your fantasies?  I bet you won the Biscuit Game, right sailor?    :rolleyes:

I mentioned shirt off because he fancies media photo opportunities with his shirt off, hubris on....usually with dangerous animals, albeit dead.  I was actually making fun of him.

Yet again, you chose to attack me personally, lol.  Surely you can do better than biscuits and god complexes.  Did you Google that too?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #310 on: May 14, 2014, 06:17:35 PM »
How do you define "regional"?  Or "conventional"? If a China vs USSR conflict doesn't devolve into conventional war then just what is it to be called?   Do share with us your vast knowledge, LCDR.

I've already shared my opinions and whether you believe that to be a representation of vastness or emptiness is not up to me.  When someone worth the effort challenges me, I'll be more than happy to respond.  So far, that hasn't happened.  

As someone who claims to be a military pilot, you should know those definitions...cur.

Regional wars are typically border wars between state entities.  If Russia vs china stayed on their borders, you would be right.  However, we both know that wouldn't happen if one chose to attack the other.  In the event of a full mobilization of troops and arms to win the war, that would be defined as Total War.  As I said, China and Russia won't play patty-cake on the border. You're welcome.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:31:18 PM by Changeup »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #311 on: May 14, 2014, 06:32:12 PM »
I mentioned shirt off because he fancies media photo opportunities with his shirt off, hubris on....usually with dangerous animals, albeit dead.  I was actually making fun of him.

Yet again, you chose to attack me personally, lol.  Surely you can do better than biscuits and god complexes.  Did you Google that too?

Sure you were.  That's why you poked me with a stick in the process.   Very classy for an "officer".   LOL
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #312 on: May 14, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »
Sure you were.  That's why you poked me with a stick in the process.   Very classy for an "officer".   LOL

I neither poked nor prodded.  I simply pointed out your misinformation.  That's what officers and NCOs do when necessary.  As a pilot with 1000s of hours of military fighter time and clearly an officer yourself, certainly you wouldn't argue that...right?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #313 on: May 14, 2014, 09:58:42 PM »
I neither poked nor prodded.  I simply pointed out your misinformation.  That's what officers and NCOs do when necessary.  As a pilot with 1000s of hours of military fighter time and clearly an officer yourself, certainly you wouldn't argue that...right?

What are you smoking?   Implying I like Putin at all, nevermind the reason you falsely stated, is in no way related to misinformation--other than being the source of it yourself.

Grow the f up.  
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2014, 10:35:45 PM »

What are you smoking?   Implying I like Putin at all, nevermind the reason you falsely stated, is in no way related to misinformation--other than being the source of it yourself.

Grow the f up.  

You said he was tough, I gave you my opinion.  You said Russia vs china would be a regional war, I corrected you (misinformation).  You asked for my opinion and I gave it.  I laughed at your weak mockery of Naval officers (misinformation) and the complexes you've diagnosed them with and reminded you of things you should already know. 

You need thicker skin which is surprising with all your flight hours in high performance aircraft.  I would think you'd already have it.