Author Topic: After a year I finally returned  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
After a year I finally returned
« on: May 10, 2014, 05:47:09 PM »
Its been an interesting week, after a year of being gone I took my thrustmasters out of the closet and decided it was time to rejoin aces. Stress has beaten me down over the year to the point I boiled over last night. Anyhow my first day back I notice a huge drop in attendance in Aces, at 1pm on Saturday there was barely 100 people online in the MA with little action, didn't want to risk switching sides and losing out on a possible fight later so I ended up staying Knight for the day (probably will be flipping around until I settle down).

Seems after a year my ACM is completely gone, but like riding a bike I managed to out turn a N1k in a Tu-2 and shoot it down. However my tanking has not been forgotten, scored my first kill at 2600 yards against an M4. As another thread posted, I was interested in the new engine, perhaps better eye candy and maybe some more vehicles/planes coming our way brought me back.

I can't say I have the same feelings for flying as I did years ago, but I frankly got tired of reading my books (currently finishing The Mighty Eighth) I grew bored with some of my MatrixGames like "Bombing the Reich" and Wasteland 2. Hopefully something will spur me to stick around more then a month, not sure as I haven't gotten to fly FSO or Snapshots yet, something I missed dearly.

On on a funny note, someone pointed out my Osti is still deadly as ever, I wasn't missing any shots. On the bad side my flying is worst then a 2 weeker. No Sa and my E management sucks. Its good to be back though, didn't take an hour before "ZOMG HORDE!" was spewed on country. I guess somethings never change.

JG 52

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: After a year I finally returned
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 06:04:21 PM »
Its been an interesting week, after a year of being gone I took my thrustmasters out of the closet and decided it was time to rejoin aces. Stress has beaten me down over the year to the point I boiled over last night. Anyhow my first day back I notice a huge drop in attendance in Aces, at 1pm on Saturday there was barely 100 people online in the MA with little action, didn't want to risk switching sides and losing out on a possible fight later so I ended up staying Knight for the day (probably will be flipping around until I settle down).

Seems after a year my ACM is completely gone, but like riding a bike I managed to out turn a N1k in a Tu-2 and shoot it down. However my tanking has not been forgotten, scored my first kill at 2600 yards against an M4. As another thread posted, I was interested in the new engine, perhaps better eye candy and maybe some more vehicles/planes coming our way brought me back.

I can't say I have the same feelings for flying as I did years ago, but I frankly got tired of reading my books (currently finishing The Mighty Eighth) I grew bored with some of my MatrixGames like "Bombing the Reich" and Wasteland 2. Hopefully something will spur me to stick around more then a month, not sure as I haven't gotten to fly FSO or Snapshots yet, something I missed dearly.

On on a funny note, someone pointed out my Osti is still deadly as ever, I wasn't missing any shots. On the bad side my flying is worst then a 2 weeker. No Sa and my E management sucks. Its good to be back though, didn't take an hour before "ZOMG HORDE!" was spewed on country. I guess somethings never change.

:lol

I can't wait to get back in the game too. Been in the hangar since New Years Eve.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 06:18:25 PM »
I'd like to play now and then, but I am working more than 60 hours a week, discounting the 14+ hours of commuting, and after I do that and all the other things I need to get done I find I am just too worn out to want to move sticks and throttles about. If I end up gaming I do something that I can just launch like Civ V or Diablo III.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 06:38:12 PM »
I'd like to play now and then, but I am working more than 60 hours a week, discounting the 14+ hours of commuting, and after I do that and all the other things I need to get done I find I am just too worn out to want to move sticks and throttles about. If I end up gaming I do something that I can just launch like Civ V or Diablo III.

I'm waiting for the new Diablo expansion, until then I got worn out of the game, mainly because I never had any decent  "drops" after a year of playing.
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 06:39:13 PM »
I'm waiting for the new Diablo expansion, until then I got worn out of the game, mainly because I never had any decent  "drops" after a year of playing.

It released last month.

My battletag is something like Karnak#1617.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 07:17:36 PM »
I know how you feel Butcher...I haven't even got AH installed on the drive anymore. Heck I had the tickle to get back in about a year ago and then I decided that I didn't have the tickle anymore. I am having too much fun playing DCS and learning how to fly helos in TKOH and DCS to play AH now.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 07:31:22 PM »
I've haven't flown the ole jug since november or so and want to get back into the sky real soon myself. But to be honest, since I put the CH stuff in mothballs I've got so much stuff around here done that I've had on the back burners for years now. Between turkey hunting, gardening, yard work and some minor house remodeling I just don't have the time for AcesHigh....wish I did.

My biggest problem with this game is once I start playing I don't get anything else done  :( It's like online crack for me  :cry
Lighten up Francis

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 07:48:59 PM »
Game really aint good anymore! needs some tlc soon or its a gonner
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 08:28:54 PM »
I give AH 10 - 15 minutes at best. Was fun while it lasted.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 08:30:16 PM »
I give AH 10 - 15 minutes at best.

And there I thought I was getting pessimistic lately...  :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 10:35:40 PM »
what is this game you speak of ?                :noid
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 10:39:22 PM »
My biggest problem with this game is once I start playing I don't get anything else done  :( It's like online crack for me  :cry

This is exactly the opposite for me, much as I wish I had another hobby - i.e fishing, I have a boat in Cocoa beach I haven't seen in 4 years, fishing tackle I somehow manage only one day a month to get out and do something.
Christ I would take up gardening if it would get rid of some of this stress, in a way I think AH isn't a good idea for stress relief, ill end up blowing up and getting banned (i'd bet against me on this).

Only problem with Florida, most of my backyard is sand, bleh.
JG 52

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 10:53:02 PM »
This is exactly the opposite for me, much as I wish I had another hobby - i.e fishing, I have a boat in Cocoa beach I haven't seen in 4 years, fishing tackle I somehow manage only one day a month to get out and do something.
Christ I would take up gardening if it would get rid of some of this stress, in a way I think AH isn't a good idea for stress relief, ill end up blowing up and getting banned (i'd bet against me on this).

Only problem with Florida, most of my backyard is sand, bleh.

You still haven't come visited ze Cwab!!

:uhoh
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 11:36:42 PM »
Welcome Home !
Top Gun

Offline projoe

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 12:42:04 AM »
Oh no....not you again.  :neener:
Projoe 367th Dynamite Gang