Author Topic: Planes With ENY less than n message  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
Planes With ENY less than n message
« on: May 13, 2014, 10:38:14 AM »
What does it mean when you are trying to launch and you get the message "Planes with ENY values of (n) or less are not available?"
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Planes With ENY less than n message
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:44:54 AM »
What does it mean when you are trying to launch and you get the message "Planes with ENY values of (n) or less are not available?"

Well it means exactly that: You can't fly a plane with a certain ENY value (or less) at this moment.
The reason is that your country has too many players (compared to the smallest country), and the ENY limiter kicks in. The more % of players your country has, the higher does the ENY limiter go (up to a maximum of 29).
Check current ENY limit (and player numbers) on clipboard map (rightclick, country status), and plane (and GV) ENY values in hangar.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 10:51:52 AM »
If you look at the aircraft selection screen, you'll see each plane has an ENY value.  The P51D is 5, the P47D11 is 35 for example.  In general, better plane, lower ENY number.

If your side has enough of a numbers advantage over the lowest population side, planes with lower ENY numbers can't be used.  It's based off of percentage of total arena population.  It shows up on country status when your side has 10% more of the arena population than the lowest side, but it will be a smaller number than 5.  At around 12% or so, it starts affecting what fighters you can fly because the ENY limiter hits 5.

It is capped at 20 if memory serves, so no matter what the system will not limit planes above ENY 20.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 10:54:04 AM »
Got it.  Thanks guys. :salute
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 11:39:21 AM »
it means usually it's time to do something else

Eny limiting plane options is not what I pay to play for, still don't care if it's the horde with 100 more la7s coming in or on my own side...Ought to be done away with.

Nothing stops the horde anyways, I'm also not alone in this thinking...
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »

Eny limiting plane options is not what I pay to play for, still don't care if it's the horde with 100 more la7s coming in or on my own side...Ought to be done away with.

Nothing stops the horde anyways, I'm also not alone in this thinking...

Actually, it's exactly what you're paying to play. When did you, specifically, not play under this design (and the 'others' you mention)?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 11:52:13 AM »
We play under it all the time that there is no eny limiting plane selection :rolleyes:

we also don't play under it the way many of us like it to be when there are all of 50ppl in the arena and one side has all of 8 to 10 more causing enormous inbalance

many of us log, seems you're in favor of that
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 11:56:15 AM »

Yes, in this situation you end up trying to race five green guys to the kill of some lone sucker. Time to log into your second account (dodging the 12 hour rule) and get on the low numbers team. It really is worth another $15 per month
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 12:06:29 PM »
We play under it all the time that there is no eny limiting plane selection :rolleyes:

we also don't play under it the way many of us like it to be when there are all of 50ppl in the arena and one side has all of 8 to 10 more causing enormous inbalance

many of us log, seems you're in favor of that

Untwist a bit and lets talk. What do you know about the history behind HTC's implementation of the ENY system? If you know how it works, why not switch sides (especially when there's a low population when you not only get your ride but even one player switching might grant the same all around)? In a few hours you can switch back. This wasn't an arbitrary design.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 12:09:10 PM »
Let's stick to help and training in this forum.

Raven if you can't take the P-51D the P-51B may still be available.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 12:09:29 PM »
Raven note as well, the ENY limit is quick to change as well.  It can be really haywire for a few minutes when there is a map change.

Wiley noted a limit of 20 but I could swear there was a number above that right after a map change.  Maybe I just misread the number.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 12:13:05 PM »
Raven note as well, the ENY limit is quick to change as well.  It can be really haywire for a few minutes when there is a map change.

Wiley noted a limit of 20 but I could swear there was a number above that right after a map change.  Maybe I just misread the number.

I could be wrong, it might be higher but I thought that was it.  Regardless, it's capped at some number so we don't all wind up in Hurri 1's and suchlike.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 12:22:23 PM »
  Regardless, it's capped at some number

...which was stated in the first answer in this thread  :D
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 12:45:07 PM »

...which was stated in the first answer in this thread  :D

LOL I have no idea how I missed that number.  I read the entire post and completely didn't see it.  Apologies to all.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 12:52:11 PM »
I'd be more interested in knowing how the Perkies get awarded. I've actually seen single kill numbers over 10 (but its rare for me) from the g-14. I had a single kill 6.38 the other night. I have no idea, though, if that's under, over, or average achieving on singles. Usually, it seems like I only get one or two perks for each kill landed.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.