Author Topic: Today's Question- Base Under Attack  (Read 646 times)

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
Today's Question- Base Under Attack
« on: May 18, 2014, 10:31:39 AM »
When you hear the message, "Base Under Attack," what base is it referring to, my departure base, any friendly base in the grid square??
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Today's Question- Base Under Attack
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 10:37:27 AM »
Any friendly base that starts flashing will trigger the alert. There have been wishes in the past to somehow include the base number, to help find what just came under attack. I like defending, so would like to know which field just started flashing.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:43:34 AM »
Note that the volume of the siren and warning are adjustable. Look for Air Raid and Warning under Advanced in Preferences/Games Sounds.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 01:51:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure its the base you are AT or LAUNCHED from. If it was any friendly base during prime time on a big map all you would here is "Base under attack!" all night.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 07:49:29 PM »
It's definitely any friendly base. For example you can still hear it frequently even when you took off from a remote airbase in bombers... or sitting in a tower far away from the battlefield.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 08:31:07 PM »

Im thinking there has to be more parameters than just "any friendly base"  or as fugitive said, we'd be hearing it ALL nite. I think it's probably more like a friendly field that has not been recently attacked, or if it's at 100% when radar contact is first made.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 08:53:32 PM »
If a non-flashing base starts flashing, you get the alert. As long as it continues to flash, you will not get another alert from that base. If it stops flashing, then starts again, you get an alert.

Typically, there are only a handful of bases that seem to attract action, and that action can last quite a while. So, while these bases are continuously flashing, you only get alerts from the other few bases that flash every now and then.

There is no magic or other parameters. When an enemy gets within the arena-specific trigger distance (and that distance can vary for bombers, fighters and vehicles) from a non-flashing base, the alert is triggered.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals