Author Topic: Two countries vs Three  (Read 4168 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Re: Two countries vs Three
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2014, 02:05:09 PM »
HiTech is as fallible as anyone.

Again, it used to be one, late-war arena that would promptly close and open two more at the strike of 5PM. The one main had room for 600 sticks and would frequently have 400-500. When it closed at the magic strike and open to two, 100-150 would leave altogether. It took AH forever to figure out it was impacting the game. Maybe years past having this change from one to two worked, but life and business is dynamic. Things change. And if you don't change with it you are on a path to death.

I like the idea of doing a two-country setup in the MA on Tuesday nights for a period of time. Let it go on for 5 hours over 6-weeks and see what happens. One thing for certain, our numbers are slowly declining and in part this is due to the lack of fights. Increase fights, fewer will leave and if it works well, more will return.

Times change, get with the times or go home....old business saying.
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2014, 02:23:13 PM »
mthrockmor you are wrong.  when the two arenas would open there would be one that was full and it was hard to get in and the other had 200+ players.  everybody wanted to get into the arena that had the most players but was full, you would stay there sometimes for 10 or 15 minutes waiting to get in, but you got in.

I dont think many people logged off just because two arenas opened up.  the reason many people quit later on was because of the economy.  I had a lot of friends who lost their jobs and had no reason but to quit the game.  I remember because I and a few others who were lucky to have a job payed for other squadies's subscriptions.

numbers are increasing now, that can be clearly seen on fridays during fso.  btw there's lots of players who only do fso or special events.

btw we already have a two country set up.  it's called the ava and it sits empty.  they can change settings to allow for all different things just contact them.  easiest way to test your theory that it would increase fights.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2014, 02:25:09 PM »
Again, it used to be one, late-war arena that would promptly close and open two more at the strike of 5PM. The one main had room for 600 sticks and would frequently have 400-500. When it closed at the magic strike and open to two, 100-150 would leave altogether. It took AH forever to figure out it was impacting the game. Maybe years past having this change from one to two worked, but life and business is dynamic.

This was a transitional system between the "two LW arenas all the time, with arena caps" and the current one LW arena setup. It lasted for about half a year.

Single Main Arena - up to tour 80
2 LW arenas with caps (+ addition of EW, MW and later WW1) - tour 80 to tour 130
On/Offpeak LW arena system - tour 130 to tour 137
Single LW arena - since tour 137
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 02:28:41 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2014, 03:48:12 PM »
Given the nature of the business I think you can safely assume that Hitech chooses the setup that maintains more subscribers.

I would argue against that.  He may choose the setup he BELIEVES keeps the most subscribers, but since numbers are falling regardless, I don't know how you can determine what causes what.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2014, 04:20:51 PM »

I would argue against that.  He may choose the setup he BELIEVES keeps the most subscribers, but since numbers are falling regardless, I don't know how you can determine what causes what.

I'm pretty sure he has access to more information than us..

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2014, 04:25:29 PM »
I'm pretty sure he has access to more information than us..

Because he's a subscriber to Lusche's Premium Statistical Bulletin  :old:

:D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2014, 05:09:42 PM »

Equally inexplicable is the decline in housing and new car sales. Imagine how delusional Hitech would be  without the constant correction he receives here on the BB.   :lol

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2014, 06:10:32 PM »

I have been here for 8 years and since I got here I am reading about how the number of subscribers is dropping and the game is on the decline.  I just spent another 400 bucks in hardware not needed but I want, to play this game, what the hell am I thinking  :furious.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2014, 07:10:32 PM »
HiTech is as fallible as anyone.

Yet all wishes have to be approved by him before they even get considered to be implemented.

No one is perfect, and while I can't say I agree with every little thing that any company does or how people act. I have to admit, that how HTC has run their company, and how they respond to their customers both foam-at-the-mouth and peachy-keen, is very respectable. 

Just because I pay a subscription doesn't mean that I have the right to nag for this or that. What attracted me to the game back in 2007 is why I am here today. Not because of anything new that is added, that is just icing on the cake.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2014, 07:33:34 PM »
I like the idea of doing a two-country setup in the MA on Tuesday nights for a period of time. Let it go on for 5 hours over 6-weeks and see what happens.

You don't need to re-write the foundation the Main Arena is built on.  Simply do this in the AvA.  Why does everyone want HTC to redesign something that is working for most players when they already have the tools in front of them to set up exactly what they want? 

The AvA is empty while the MAs are stuffed with a few hundred people.  Seems pretty clear to me.  The main arena has a few hundred players while FSO is going on with another few hundred players, and the AvA is still empty.  Take your 2 front war and make it happen. HTC needs to do nothing for this to occur. The AvA group, I am sure, would love to see a reason to keep the staff busy and set this up for you.  As it is, you guys are looking for a 2 front war and the people who can make it happen are flying in the Main Arena because their arena is empty.  And you want HTC to redesign the main arena because some of you think it's a good idea?  Doesn't look so good to me. 

If it's a great idea, then you can make it work in the AvA.  Try it there, if it's wildly successful you now have some facts to show HTC.  Some of you have spent more time in here wishing it were so, and could have simply made it so.

ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2014, 07:46:15 PM »

Why does everyone want HTC to redesign something that is working for most players when they already have the tools in front of them to set up exactly what they want? 

I'm guessing it's because of the MA score. If 2 or more players "can't find a fight" they aren't going outside the MA.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2014, 08:10:29 PM »
If 2 or more players "can't find a fight" they aren't going outside the MA.
Hmm, you might be right. I keep forgetting about score. Getting old, haven't thought about score in so long, it just doesn't register.  If I'm looking for a fight, it's for the fight.  That's what I thought these guys have been asking for this whole time.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2014, 08:19:03 PM »
All the base takers would congregate in one country and roll the map.  May as well go with a one country set-up.  Then they can log on feeling all warm and fuzzy since they already own the map.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2014, 08:22:47 PM »
Hmm, you might be right. I keep forgetting about score. Getting old, haven't thought about score in so long, it just doesn't register.  If I'm looking for a fight, it's for the fight.  That's what I thought these guys have been asking for this whole time.

It's like the no HO issue "making fights more challenging" except it makes them easier if you know what you're doing. But I digress.  :lol

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2014, 08:33:30 PM »
Equally inexplicable is the decline in housing and new car sales. Imagine how delusional Hitech would be  without the constant correction he receives here on the BB.   :lol

:lol
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen