Author Topic: Uniform Rule Code for the MA: A modest proposal.  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: Uniform Rule Code for the MA: A modest proposal.
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 04:22:21 PM »
If we were to ban any kind of shots then the 6 oclock position would make more sense as it's more difficult to avoid shots coming from your 6 than your 12.

No. Freaking. Joke.

Thanks for pointing this out - so many people explode because they get shot head-on, which is literally the easiest type of shot out of all of them to avoid.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 04:39:08 PM »
Lmao off at this thread.

Again - please HO me, I'll use it against you to out maneuver you with an angle.

Alt monkey- way of the game way of life. Deal with it.

Pickers- everyone does it, I don't care how new you are or how long you've been playing. Everyone does it.

I think there should be a certain level of respect for 1v1 fights in the MA but people are thirsty for that kill. If you are called off by a teamate in a 1v1 then you should respect that. It does bother me when
Players get 95% of their kills by picking 1v1 fights and then run away when their teammate dies. cough vraciu cough, but he is new so I expect that.

It's amazing to me that the majority of people who play this game argue about staying alive and yet still have a terrible K/D.

I'm sorry but if you are complaining about any of these things pointed out in this thread you are still a NOOB. Too bad, that's how this game has always been, and it has never been meant to be "fair". Only in dueling conditions.

NOOBS, keep getting pwned. Maybe one day you people will learn some ACM to actually get kills and have a high K/D. This running and jousting method of fighting is terrible flying skills all the way around. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 04:40:26 PM »
Honesty, Respect, Integrity and treat each person as you would want to be treated, this works in flying and most importantly in Life. If you believe in those three values you shouldn't you need a wall of rules to play a game.   Buuuuuuut....... not everyone likes to adhere to those values.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 04:42:35 PM »
lol  :lol

nice one BnZs
AoM
City of ice

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 04:44:48 PM »
Lots of people play AH in a way that wouldn't fit those rules.  I presume they play the way they enjoy.  If they aren't happy, they might not play.  If they don't play, I run out of players to shoot at and that shoot back at me.
AMAX  in game

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 04:56:14 PM »
Tail gunner to pilot: Can you please dog fight your b17, because I keep shooting this guy in the face, but he dosn't take any damage.

HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 05:05:03 PM »
Tail gunner to pilot: Can you please dog fight your b17, because I keep shooting this guy in the face, but he dosn't take any damage.

HiTech
I suspect the OP would find that a feature, not a bug....  :p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »
I'm not so much asking for this as I an asking the community if they REALLY want it this way. ;) The resounding votes of no are at odds with the frequent cries of foul play one hears in response to the anarchy of the MA.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 05:23:15 PM »
The notion that anything will make everyone stop complaining is pretty funny.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 05:24:52 PM »
I've noticed there is a lot of argument and discord coming out of the community because they can't seem to agree on a widely accepted and obeyed code of rules for the MA. This is unlike the DA, where everyone pretty much adheres to the "agreed upon alt, agreed upon planes, cold merge" code.  It is pretty close to anarchy out there, and apparently that is making a lot of players unhappy. So I've decided to address the three most common complaints with some sensible rules to address and a method for the enforcement of these rules.

1. HOing-This could be dealt with my modifying the game to make HOs ineffective, as in Air Warrior. Or the moderators could simply issue warnings for violations of a no-HOing rule, with account suspensions issued to repeat offenders (proven via film).

2. Picking/Ganging/Running-Currently in the MA, once can pretty much assume that if you are deeply committed to maneuvering with one bandit and a second one enters icon range, that second will try to kill you. And the third. And the fourth. Some people accept this as a reality and try to craft strategy and tactics around this fact, such as flying fast planes that can usually run away from outnumbered situations, even at the cost of maneuvering ability, or flying with mutual support. But apparently even more people in the game are very unhappy with all the ganging and picking going on. Fine. Henceforth any pair of planes, upon merging, will be allowed by all to fight it out with no outside interference, and extending more than 2.5K from the plane you are engaged with is forbidden, upon pain of the same penalties mentioned under 1.

3. Alt Monkeyiism-This problem is easily dealt with. Simply program an arena-wide 100mph downdraft starting at 10,000 feet. This will make climbing above that alt nearly impossible. This sort of thing has been done to create an altitude cap on FSOs before, it is already a function of the game.

I mean, come on, why not? This set of rules will be fair to all, and with some penalties in place a player will be able to reasonably expect that the red guys will also be obeying them.

you have been drinking haven't you?????? what else could explain this silly proposal--everything you mentioned here happened in WWII.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 05:40:29 PM »
The notion that anything will make everyone stop complaining is pretty funny.

As much as I agree with this in the MA, it is even more true on the bbs.

I think BnZ obviously was chain yanking with that OP, and doesn't actually WANT any of that, I took it as a sarcasm post, pointing out that in order to stop all the things some complain about, these would be the only solutions which could work, and that they are obviously impossible/ridiculous. 

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 05:49:06 PM »
Well yes, that is pretty much the size of it. Cheating in any game would be a heinous thing. But it seems nigh impossible to know exactly where the belt line is in the AH mains, so to speak. It seems to be frequently set wherever it is convenient for an upset individual to set it at the moment. Sometimes they pull it up to their ears :)
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 06:14:03 PM »

HiTech

:lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 06:24:39 PM »
Doomed to failure anyway. :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 06:47:12 PM »
Gentlemen,
In the MA, nothing should matter. Rules are for the other arenas. Get rid of perk points. Let people fly what ever they want to. Maybe some of the other arenas will get populated.
Just a thought.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953