Author Topic: Uniform Rule Code for the MA: A modest proposal.  (Read 4741 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
Re: Uniform Rule Code for the MA: A modest proposal.
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 06:51:07 PM »
Tail gunner to pilot: Can you please dog fight your b17, because I keep shooting this guy in the face, but he dosn't take any damage.

HiTech
B17 hell B-29! You want us flying around at 10k or lower in B-29's??? Ohh how fun.. -1X10000

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 07:58:54 PM »

Ya know.. I was one of the people complaining about how the game play has deteriorated. But I stepped back and looked at what was really going on. and found I was putting myself into the situations that I disliked. there is room for EVERYBODY to play the game the way they see fit.

Hoing ...  don't like being ho'd ?  here's a fact for you. it is IMPOSSIBLE to be ho'd unless you willingly put yourself into the position to be ho'd. and if you are in the position to BE ho'd you are also in the position to be the HO'er,
                     and the other pilot has to assume that is your intention.  IT TAKES TWO TO HO.

Being picked..  this is a fact of reality. you are fighting a war. the MA is not for fair fights. it's for killing the enemy and taking their assets to WIN THE WAR. you want a "fair fight" go to the DA, set some rules and fight away.
                            in real life, pilots fly with wingmen, the goal is for one to cover the other, I engage you, my wingman takes the advantage and comes in and kills you. 1 less enemy, mission accomplished.

Hording...     Pearl Harbor ring any bells ? or any other PLANNED attack in WWII for that matter ? Catch the enemy off guard with a superior force is what EVERY commander was trying to do.

Vulching...    Simple,  DONT UP FROM A CAPPED FEILD.

The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014, 08:06:22 PM »
OP... :rolleyes:
counter proposal; a verbal diarrhoea catcher to stop these threads. 
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2014, 08:14:39 PM »
How about no.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2014, 09:26:46 PM »
Outstanding post, OP!

Lmao!

Brilliant.  :aok
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2014, 11:24:02 PM »
OP... :rolleyes:
counter proposal; a verbal diarrhoea catcher to stop these threads. 

Actually it has been quite productive. Every player who has bothered to respond has voted quite enthusiastically in favor of doing absolutely nothing to curtail HOing, picking, running, or climbing as high as one likes. Most are (apparently) quite happy with the present anarchy, a sentiment of which I can approve.  :aok
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2014, 12:32:32 AM »
Lollers!  :lol

1. It takes two to HO. Do it or don't; it's up to you.

2. If you get ganged or picked it's your fault. Learn SA.

3. This rule is already in effect. It's generally known as the "service ceiling". Climb.

:aok
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2014, 06:45:22 AM »
I've noticed there is a lot of argument and discord coming out of the community because they can't seem to agree on a widely accepted and obeyed code of rules for the MA. This is unlike the DA, where everyone pretty much adheres to the "agreed upon alt, agreed upon planes, cold merge" code.  It is pretty close to anarchy out there, and apparently that is making a lot of players unhappy. So I've decided to address the three most common complaints with some sensible rules to address and a method for the enforcement of these rules.

1. HOing-This could be dealt with my modifying the game to make HOs ineffective, as in Air Warrior. Or the moderators could simply issue warnings for violations of a no-HOing rule, with account suspensions issued to repeat offenders (proven via film).

2. Picking/Ganging/Running-Currently in the MA, once can pretty much assume that if you are deeply committed to maneuvering with one bandit and a second one enters icon range, that second will try to kill you. And the third. And the fourth. Some people accept this as a reality and try to craft strategy and tactics around this fact, such as flying fast planes that can usually run away from outnumbered situations, even at the cost of maneuvering ability, or flying with mutual support. But apparently even more people in the game are very unhappy with all the ganging and picking going on. Fine. Henceforth any pair of planes, upon merging, will be allowed by all to fight it out with no outside interference, and extending more than 2.5K from the plane you are engaged with is forbidden, upon pain of the same penalties mentioned under 1.

3. Alt Monkeyiism-This problem is easily dealt with. Simply program an arena-wide 100mph downdraft starting at 10,000 feet. This will make climbing above that alt nearly impossible. This sort of thing has been done to create an altitude cap on FSOs before, it is already a function of the game.

I mean, come on, why not? This set of rules will be fair to all, and with some penalties in place a player will be able to reasonably expect that the red guys will also be obeying them.

All three of these things I don't do. However, I recognize them as tactics and ACM. While they aren't the favorites or well liked in general, they are legitimate ways of killing the enemy. ( :lol at #3 )    Part of the 'rules' of being a dogfighter is knowing how to kill your enemy, but also how to dodge/evade your enemies attacks and ANTICIPATE what they are going to do, and react accordingly.   To me, it sounds like those who complain of these "lame" ACM's, are making an excuse for their own lack of ACM.

:cheers:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 08:28:58 AM »
Everybody picks, everybody HOs, everybody fly's high. It sounds like falacies but in 10 years of playing I know this is true.

GET USE TO IT NOOBS!!

Some advice, learn how to actually use ACM and defense maneuvers. If you are a person who "fly's safe" but only has a 1.5 k/d. You obviously aren't flying safe, while generally waisting your time. Funny how a couple of tours ago I had almost a 4 k/d but died 75% of my sorties.  That's cause I try for at least 4 kills before I rtb, and most of the time I die with 5-6. Yes I'm greeedy for more kills but its what makes the game challenging for me.

I'm out
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2014, 09:03:44 AM »
guessing some peope are right on the hook  :rofl
AoM
City of ice

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2014, 09:13:16 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:08:21 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2014, 09:22:27 AM »
guessing some peope are right on the hook  :rofl
Yes, the number of lengthy and sincere refutations of this "wish" is a bit disturbing.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2014, 09:43:08 AM »
Yes, the number of lengthy and sincere refutations of this "wish" is a bit disturbing.
Arent they funny though?
AoM
City of ice

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2014, 09:53:47 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:01:33 PM by hitech »
- TWBYDHAS

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2014, 09:54:45 AM »
Arent they funny though?

I was actually expecting at least one Aye! vote out of this crowd though. Little disappointed.