Author Topic: Your profession?  (Read 5778 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: Your profession?
« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2014, 08:50:47 AM »
Partner in company making portable, lightweight, wireless, full-body motion capture systems used by movie studios, game companies, animators, and sports bio-mechanical analysis.

Small company. About 40 developers doing hardware, software and middle-ware algorithms. Rooms full of PhD's who know how to create and build.

Wrote a very bad (or so I thought) novel ten years ago based on real-life events and people I knew 35 years ago. Recently won the lottery, so to speak, as a real producer and real studio bought the story this year and it's being made into a real movie for release next year. So, I have a part-time job flying back and forth to Hollywood for screenplay meetings and lunches on patios with people who wear sunglasses. I still can't believe it.

Let us know when it comes out Rolex.  :aok
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #241 on: June 05, 2014, 09:06:14 AM »
Partner in company making portable, lightweight, wireless, full-body motion capture systems used by movie studios, game companies, animators, and sports bio-mechanical analysis.

Small company. About 40 developers doing hardware, software and middle-ware algorithms. Rooms full of PhD's who know how to create and build.

Wrote a very bad (or so I thought) novel ten years ago based on real-life events and people I knew 35 years ago. Recently won the lottery, so to speak, as a real producer and real studio bought the story this year and it's being made into a real movie for release next year. So, I have a part-time job flying back and forth to Hollywood for screenplay meetings and lunches on patios with people who wear sunglasses. I still can't believe it.

you guys hiring ?
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #242 on: June 05, 2014, 09:58:59 AM »
I am the manager of a small rural water district...we are spread out over about 100 or so square miles and we provide water to over 700 homes...I love my job... :rock
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #243 on: June 05, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »
Wrote a very bad (or so I thought) novel ten years ago based on real-life events and people I knew 35 years ago. Recently won the lottery, so to speak, as a real producer and real studio bought the story this year and it's being made into a real movie for release next year.

:lol Cool!  Yes, let us know when it comes out.  Also, can we get the novel from Amazon?  (Is it "I Flew With These Weirdos," by Rolex?  ;) )