Author Topic: High ENY birds and YOU  (Read 1254 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: High ENY birds and YOU
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 04:56:09 AM »
Because it is a target of Brobdingnagian proportions.

Wiley.

A good word... Right out of Gulliver. Not sure if the author coined it but my guess is, he did.
Actually, both f-4 and p40e are fun ones. I actually sort of like that 39q as well.

I'm far from the best stick in the game but what fun is there in always doing the lala/pony/sixteen thing anyway?

It's far more interesting to try to make a more difficult ride into a winner. Even the g14 will reward kills with nice poikie counts.

Btw, I'm kind of wondering what the relative k+d is on Yak3. Everyone was sort of afraid, IMO, prior to its deployment, that it'd be both uber and unbalancing. I hardly ever see 'em...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 05:01:42 AM »
KI61   nuff said   :D
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 05:03:03 AM »
I continue to be baffled how a bird with four centerline Hispanos, decent ammo, 2,000lbs of bombs, 357mph on the deck and a 3700fpm climb rate can deliver all of that at 30 ENY.

Because it is useable by about 1/15th of the playerbase. Other than that it's a ho wagon with little else. Well flown it's hard to beat, I would love to learn it, tried but failed :mad:

If at first you don't succeed, it's probably not worth the effort :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 05:25:19 AM »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 05:32:11 AM »
38G makes em cry all the time
 :cry
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 05:42:56 AM »

Btw, I'm kind of wondering what the relative k+d is on Yak3. Everyone was sort of afraid, IMO, prior to its deployment, that it'd be both uber and unbalancing. I hardly ever see 'em...

Current tour: 1.13

2520 vs 2226 atm

More kills than the G-14 atm, but worse k/d.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/scores/planes.php

Interesting other facts, hmmm 12k+ kills for the Pony, Spit16 6K+, La7 ~6k, ppl aren't really challenging themselves in the E/M war rides.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:48:15 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 06:14:31 AM »

X-axis K/D, Y-axis K+D (usage). Strictly air to air combat only.
All perked fighters are way outside the chart to the right. Yak-3 is marked.

Remarkably little impact for such a 'magic wonderbird', if you ask me ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 06:17:21 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2014, 06:42:51 AM »
Like many of the La7s and Spit16s it is often very poorly flown. It does not have the reputation of the spit or the raw speed and cannon power of the La7 to be as popular.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 07:23:48 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

X-axis K/D, Y-axis K+D (usage). Strictly air to air combat only.
All perked fighters are way outside the chart to the right. Yak-3 is marked.

Exactly the chart I was hoping to see again...

Yes, Yak-3 appears to be, as opposed to a wunderkind, a bit of a dull child. It might, I suppose, attract its own cult one day. Until then, its remarkably ordinary.

Here is where, perhaps, the sim teaches us something about history. While the Luftwaffe boys were certainly warned about the Yak-3 in a turn fight, it does not appear to be an invincible foe for a well-flown 109. Not uber... not uber at all... and not as popular as the usual suspects. It reminds me of how crestfallen I was (initially) to find that the Dora turned like a SuperTanker.

BTW, when do we get the G-10 back? There'd be a nice poikie boid. K-4 performance with 20mil ballistics. I have, here in the politically correct confines of Ford,  a nice pic of a G-10/U4 named GiGi from JG52.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:26:05 AM by PJ_Godzilla »
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2014, 08:37:29 AM »
I continue to be baffled how a bird with four centerline Hispanos, decent ammo, 2,000lbs of bombs, 357mph on the deck and a 3700fpm climb rate can deliver all of that at 30 ENY.

:aok

And yet the 110G rates a 15 (or at least it did last time I looked).

Damn you, HTC. Damn you sir.  :)
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 09:03:58 AM »
A6M3  :D  (Honestly, I forgot what it's ENY is :o)

:aok

I think its 35 or 30?  :headscratch:
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2014, 09:17:24 AM »
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 09:19:53 AM »
The Yak3 is like a slightly faster, slightly worse turning, less well-armed late model Spitfire. Nothing about it is all that outside of the typical parameters for late war birds.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 09:34:20 AM »
Exactly the chart I was hoping to see again...

Yes, Yak-3 appears to be, as opposed to a wunderkind, a bit of a dull child. It might, I suppose, attract its own cult one day. Until then, its remarkably ordinary.

Here is where, perhaps, the sim teaches us something about history. While the Luftwaffe boys were certainly warned about the Yak-3 in a turn fight, it does not appear to be an invincible foe for a well-flown 109. Not uber... not uber at all... and not as popular as the usual suspects. It reminds me of how crestfallen I was (initially) to find that the Dora turned like a SuperTanker.

BTW, when do we get the G-10 back? There'd be a nice poikie boid. K-4 performance with 20mil ballistics. I have, here in the politically correct confines of Ford,  a nice pic of a G-10/U4 named GiGi from JG52.

Yak3 is hampered by short clip, and only 2 guns, with 3 guns like all AH La-7 has, it would kill like the LA7 does, I wish it to die as easy as the LA-7.
Dora still turns much better horizontal turns than the 190a8, sharing same wings  :headscratch:
Even more impressive is that the 190F8 according to charts turns exactly as good as its 500 kilo lighter A8,,,
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2014, 10:08:38 AM »
It reminds me of how crestfallen I was (initially) to find that the Dora turned like a SuperTanker.

OTOH, if it didn't turn that badly it would probably be perked. What doesn't the Dora do well, except for turning?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."