Author Topic: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr  (Read 22453 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr
« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »
Zerstorer.  If I may be so bold sir.

I fly with JG11.  The CO is Stampf.

Members of our squad, up to and including the CO, conduct themselves in a manner that never needs defending by anyone else in the squad.

]

I'm well aware of this sir.  :salute
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2014, 04:33:02 PM »
:rofl

that is some funny stuff there fulcrum.....

oh no....,..people dont like me...what shall I do :rolleyes:

only you are so insecure, that it matters what people "think" of you....

and trust me far more people respect and "like" the muppets....then your delusional self believes :aok

you and midway are probably the same person....the more I read what you say the more I believe that.

I'm sure a lot of people do, Ink. I did as well believe it or not. But there are those who do not like how some of you rip people apart, and yes its noticed. Some of the things go Waaaaay outside the bounds of "ribbing" or competitive smack talk.

Are you a fricken turd still? How is your candy van, cindy?
rofl.
I

Take this for example. Would you like me to go through all the Candy Van posts? Would you like me to discuss how my son read them, how I had to discuss with him why someone would accuse his father of having a Candy Van and all that implies? Do you really want to go there, Paul? And yes, I'm aware the person who started it was not at the time a member of the Muppets, but who continues to use it? Who asks about it on 200? All for what, for simply and respectfully pointing out to Grizz that some dont like the idea of the 12-hour rule change... And heck, I even AGREE with the idea! For the sin of pointing out Grizz MIGHT want to consider seeking a compromise we get pages of threads that end up devolving into a difficult discussion with my son. Sweet and thank you guys for that.

So you want a clue why I said what I recently said about some in your squad? Want a clue why I threw my hat in the ring? There is the poster child for you. I ribbed Debrody to start flying... I get a Candy van reference. It's like using a tactical nuke to kill a guy with a BB gun... SOME of you don't know where to draw the line.

Btw.. I've never claimed Skyyr is a saint. Lord knows I'm not and don't claim to be. But there are limits. Respect then and maybe you would be surprised by the results.

Amazing.....
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:34:53 PM by Zerstorer »

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2014, 04:34:36 PM »
Truth hurt........... change your reality.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2014, 04:35:20 PM »

Quoted for The Damned motto.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2014, 04:48:26 PM »

Like talking to a wall.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2014, 04:51:39 PM »
Dont forget to clean that brown stuff off your toungue.

I might be a bit harsh but just cannot approve your behaviour. Sorry.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2014, 05:39:58 PM »
I apologize for coming to this thread late. I've worked odd hours and have not really been on the forums much over the last week.

First off, I'm flattered that Dolby felt the need to post films from what I thought, rather - we both admitted - were friendly interactions. Our "duels" started off when I killed him in the MA, I was flying a D9 and he was flying an F4U-1. He made a snarky comment, I responded in kind, and he mentioned something to the effect of "You can't do that in a 1v1" (referring to the way I was going vertical). We exchanged competitive but friendly banter, and nothing more. He then, in the same tone, asked if I wanted to go to the DA.

The flight model here is different, in that the drag and acceleration modeling doesn't behave like other sims (or aircraft, for that matter, including C-12 turboprops I have actual time in) when transitioning from the horizontal to the vertical. At the time, I'd been flying for ~4 months and was interested in how to transition in the vertical from a neutral 1v1 position, same plane. Curious about his comments, and wanting to competitively see if what he said was true, I agreed to go to the DA.

We had one or two "fights" (where I tested my going vertical versus his wide sweeping turns), but all of the subsequent fights were simply adopting and testing variations of Cargnico's tactics for the first time, trying horizontal variations instead of going vertical. That's it, that's all. There were no hard feelings and I actually mentioned that I'd like to go again, if he had time later and after I adopted what was relevant from the session (I don't remember if this was in the film or later, in-game). To summarize Dolby directly during our fights, "The jerk part is just an act [...] I enjoy training." We parted ways, and that was it.

Six weeks later, I find this post, via a PM from Dolby stating that he had posted our "training session." Again, I'm more puzzled than anything. I did not right-out challenge Dolby, nor have I ever implied that either of us were inferior to the other. In fact, I went into it as a 4-month player to learn vertical merging tactics from someone who has played for years. I knew going into it that he had routinely offered help to train new players, and I took his offer as an opportunity to do the same.

I did select to save the films in-game (I always fly with auto-record on), but I saved them using periods in them (for "vs.") and they don't seem to have actually saved, for whatever reason.

That said, I'll still thank Dolby for his time; however, I would warn current and future players to ignore his facade of a presenting training opportunities as he obviously performs them with ulterior motives.

And to the person who said it, nothing I've done needs defending (nor, for that matter have I ever asked anyone to defend me in this game or any other).

Lastly, it's quite sad that this thread is now nearly 20 pages long, with the majority of it being one person dodging posting the original films; with another 7 pages being dedicated to a gaggle of internet gamers arguing against the clearly-established fundamentals and merits of actual air combat tactics. With all of the effort that is put into posting, you could have completely debunked the "game is dying argument" multiple times over. But no, you'd rather debate that here. I guess that's what I thought squad forums were for. Well, if you have one and have access to it, that is.

That is all I have to say on the topic.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 28-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #277 on: June 05, 2014, 05:45:17 PM »
Quoted for The Damned motto.

Keep in mind that The Damned from FA is far different than The Damned from here.  The Damned that's been in AH for a long time were guys from The Damned squadrons in AW and WB and were and still are good people and were always known for putting up a good fight.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #278 on: June 05, 2014, 05:51:58 PM »
I can't believe we waited nearly a week for that.   :(
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
Dont forget to clean that brown stuff off your toungue.

I might be a bit harsh but just cannot approve your behaviour. Sorry.

Actually, making a crack like that is completely acceptable to me. It's not over that line I was talking about. I even got a chuckle out of it! Maybe there is hope for some of you yet...

See you in the skies, Debby.  :D

(see what I did there?)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #280 on: June 05, 2014, 06:30:41 PM »
It's unfortunate if this was misrepresented. Another set of duels, not on the deck, would be instructive. 

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #281 on: June 05, 2014, 06:31:48 PM »
I can't believe we waited nearly a week for that.   :(

It's all, (think the BBS corrects the word I'm looking for is) "roadkill" and excuses.

You can even see and hear that it's not actually until the 4th fight I mention that I offer training.  :lol

Keep in mind that The Damned from FA is far different than The Damned from here.  The Damned that's been in AH for a long time were guys from The Damned squadrons in AW and WB and were and still are good people and were always known for putting up a good fight.

ack-ack

Can we have them back?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #282 on: June 05, 2014, 06:44:59 PM »
ok....I am friggin done.

if I posted a pm I got from a certain member of this forum.....screw it....

you would all see the mental diffeciency at work...this particular PM is so far off the chart....

I just cant explain....

and then when I try to respond I get this

wow....seriously.....

you need help bro.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #283 on: June 05, 2014, 06:48:49 PM »
It's unfortunate if this was misrepresented. Another set of duels, not on the deck, would be instructive. 

It would be. It would also be nice of a few reserved judgement until watching all the films.... But as I stated before, all of this is pointless... Some won't care. Cuts against the agenda talking points.

Offline kano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #284 on: June 05, 2014, 06:54:09 PM »
Personally i find the context argument a bit weird i got into every fight training or not and fly to the best of my abilities why would you fly softer because its training  :headscratch:

EatG
The Few

S/L No 32 squadron BoB 2013

Eats Eagle