Author Topic: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr  (Read 23719 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2014, 09:11:05 AM »
Flying like a little girl or vDALLAS - your 15 bucks, but if you dont take off, you surely wont be shot down.
Constant attempts to publically legitimate the timid suckyness - what ever, but allright.
Posing like the kings of AH - well, you might look like an idiot but its still your choice.
But trying to troll, attack or belittle those who fight, also trying to make this duel seem like Dolby was the evil bad willing guy - now youre way off the line.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2014, 09:15:17 AM »
but if you dont take off, you surely wont be shot down.

Truer words have never been typed!

By the way...have you done so yet?

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2014, 09:17:37 AM »
Truer words have never been typed!

By the way...have you done so yet?
Well, Cindy, ask anyone, they might tell you how i was flying. Until then, stop poking Dolby and being in your miserable CO's bottom up to the bone. Cuz it makes you all... smell funny.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2014, 09:29:19 AM »
We had a guy like Skyyr in this game once.

His name was MANaWAR.  :)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2014, 09:59:04 AM »
We had a guy like Skyyr in this game once.

His name was MANaWAR.  :)

That is a low, low blow...well below the belt.  The comparison, even if performed in jest, is non sequitur and inappropriate.  I've never seen Skyyr do more than talk smack. MANaWAR was banned from the game for committing several out of line and vulgar actions.   

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2014, 10:00:27 AM »
THat's terrible. Tell me more. I remember that Klown.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2014, 10:12:53 AM »
The smack talk from Skyyr prior made the duel, me being who I am couldn't help but not help.

So, what you are saying here, is that you offered to help during the duel, seems less like a duel after the first 3 and more like you offering your advice for the last 6. In which case the last 6 aren't really duels are they? My case in point is that you are trying to play the honest trainer all the while implying by posting all 9 videos that you owned him....I mean make up your mind.

Quit arguing the FACT, that these duels are old, not in the context that you want to put them in.

Duels I turned into a training aid, because that style of getting shot down I train out of people.
These duels are the best examples I have.

Ohhh, so you weren't telling Skyyr not to go vertical, or discussing E tactics, or yourself trying to "train" him out of it, while shooting him down, then almost 2 months later posting the videos as a declaration of your Dominance. I see now...

and they fix Kruels bad statistics, as I said; 2 birds 1 stone.

It doesn't matter if I produce my films or Skyyr produces his films.
They are proclaiming Skyyr wasn't trying, they can prove it.

Just for his cheer leaders, every time I see Skyyr online, I'll ask him into the DA as chance for him to get even. Can't say fairer than that.

Which statistics are we talking about? Where I said he holds 2:1 vs the AoM squad(still held true at the time even removing you from the equation.)  Or the fact that you used film that took place almost 2 months BEFORE I made any statistical claims. You just knew the future man, you probably would've found OJs glove 2 months before he killed Nicole.

No, what I'm saying is that had this fight taken place AFTER we had discussion on the DeBrody's  forum post none of this would be in question. Yet you posted old film to try and prove a new point. I don't think even saved his films you still have the originals which I'm still waiting for.

I sent you the credentials for the gmail account as you asked I'm still waiting for the films. Like FLS said, did the dog eat the films?

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2014, 10:18:15 AM »
ok I am not gonna argue the point with you....what I am gonna do is point to where in your own words....confirm what I am saying.

BnZ is easier to stay alive ingame and in TRW....that is what I am saying.

We are talking about the game. So in this game staying alive is the gold standard of winning and "easy"? Not things like the *ratio* of kills to deaths, the number of kills you get per sortie, the number of kills you get per hour, that sort of thing?  :D

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2014, 10:23:03 AM »
BnZs I'm fine with you disagreeing with my opinion however I see nothing in your response that addresses my opinion other than the statement that you disagree.

Really? There is this:
It believe it eminently possible to be good at the formal matched plane duel but have trouble in dissimilar plane energy fighting or multiple bandit situations, as well as vis versa.

Followed by me citing examples from my own 8 years of experience that seem to back this up. My own experience is that energy fighting is generally harder and that dueling alone does not adequately prepare all of the variables present in the MA. Does your experience conflict with this?

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2014, 10:23:14 AM »
He probably didn't even save the films because he didn't think that two months later he would have to defend himself against your claims stating that they were all legit duels. That is my point.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2014, 10:43:43 AM »
Kruel has a valid point.

We all know that the very best among us don't really try hard to win a duel versus another player unless they know up front that the duels will be filmed for later viewing.  It takes that clicky click click click of the film spools spinning to draw that competitive fire out of the very best.

Also, the fact that Skyyr lost badly in angles fighting is no reflection of his awesomeness as a mentor and teacher.  As a matter of fact, he's the most awesome teacher that didn't know the flight/drag/energy/planeset model who's ever come to this game.

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2014, 10:59:16 AM »
He probably didn't even save the films because he didn't think that two months later he would have to defend himself against your claims stating that they were all legit duels. That is my point.

He isn't here defending himself, as usual, his cheer leaders are.
Vraciu quiet catagorically told me he has seen the text lines in the films from Skyyr, so the films must've been in existance when and after I started this thread.

We seem to be going around in circles.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:07:40 AM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2014, 11:08:28 AM »
I disagree with Kruel's point this post was definitely not made to assert his "dominance"  Dolby stated earlier in this thread that he posted the vid because of Vraciu's "cheerleading".

He even stated this before this thread was made.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2014, 11:10:21 AM »
Ahh Triton, you only serve to solidify my argument.

You are right, we don't have a total understanding of the flight model, which is why Skyyr accepted Dolby's friendly duel/training at THAT point in time. Only to have it surface nearly 2 months later presented AFTER tensions rose between them. Dolby uploaded them at a time when things were not so friendly anymore. (Out of context).

Dolby originally PM'ed me the videos, knowing the time frame and context of when they took place, I really didn't give them that much attention. But after he made them public, to people who don't know the full story, such as yourself, the it becomes a little bit of a fallacy.

You should have left it at:

"Kruel has a valid point'

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2014, 11:43:45 AM »
You are right, we don't have a total understanding of the flight model, which is why Skyyr accepted Dolby's friendly duel/training at THAT point in time. Only to have it surface nearly 2 months later presented AFTER tensions rose between them. Dolby uploaded them at a time when things were not so friendly anymore. (Out of context).

It wasn't an offer of any training to begin with. Film of the DA challenge has been posted.
I'll have to go back and check but I'm pretty sure after the ease of the 1st round, I questioned his style, to which I was ignored.

Things weren't friendly at the time of the Duel, he was boasting of 3 kills or something when infact he had only scored 1 and assists.
Smack talking his way into the DA after he tried to cherry me off the runway. It was early morning and I bet he thought I would be a walk over.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho