Author Topic: Thank God  (Read 2247 times)

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
Thank God
« on: May 31, 2014, 12:12:27 PM »
"Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, held for nearly 5 years by militants in Afghanistan war, is being freed, White House says." :salute
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: Thank God
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 12:35:18 PM »
I'm happy for him, but I wonder at what cost his freedom has been bought.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 03:34:35 PM »

I wonder how he escaped decapitation for 5 years in Afganistan.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 03:41:16 PM »
i thought i read he walked off base  :uhoh I'm glad to hear he is coming home.  one hell of a way to learn a lesson though.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 05:51:00 AM »
i thought i read he walked off base  :uhoh I'm glad to hear he is coming home.  one hell of a way to learn a lesson though.
That's what I read, he walked off base with a Compass and a bottle of water.

At any rate, glad he's safe :aok

:salute

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 10:20:48 AM »

Gitmo releases?

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 10:24:47 AM »
So we're not even trying to conceal the fact that we're making deals with terrorists now.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 01:13:55 PM »
So we're not even trying to conceal the fact that we're making deals with terrorists now.

You caught that too, eh?  Appeasement doesn't work.

I'm glad the soldier is safe, I can't imagine the life he lived being in captivity with those fiends.  At least the captives at gitmo, and most other places in the West get food, shelter, freedom to practice their religion, and once in awhile they even get to go to the beach and go water boarding, or whatever it is. Regardless, captives in the West don't have to worry about being decapitated.

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 01:29:25 PM »
This guy is no hero. Glad he's back home and pretty sure he has a new appreciation for it. I wonder what his final disposition will be.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 01:33:54 PM »

An illegal deal bypassing Congress.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 01:52:11 PM »
US prisoner exchanges go back to Colonial times. Nothing new. Don't politic this up.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »
With terrorists?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 04:30:37 PM »
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline TheCrazyOrange

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 04:46:04 PM »

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 04:56:21 PM »
With terrorists?

The original United States soldier was a terrorist wasn't he? According to the British anyway.   

Not negotiating and discussing options and transfer of power with the Taliban and Afghan tribal leaders is what got us into this mess in the first place.

This could be a step forward in negotiating a settlement. Too many Americans, British, Australians and Afghans have died already.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"