Author Topic: 30mm is buggy  (Read 12925 times)

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
Re: 30mm is buggy
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2015, 07:27:35 AM »
Dont forget the drone vs lead bug.

Not possible, i always shoot the manned one : drones lag isnt the key here.😎

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2015, 03:32:47 PM »
Not according to your recent post with screenshots.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2015, 12:25:54 PM »
ME163 vs LANCs

10 hits on the drone and 5 on the lead bomber. Ran low on fuel and had to give up. Both lancs landed.

Maybe this will help determine if there's a problem. Film and screenshots attached.

It looks like the old bug with certain plane shapes is back.  A few years ago this same issue popped up and the problem wasn't the cannons but rather some planes in certain areas were invulnerable to cannon hits.  It was fixed at the time but it looks like it came back.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2015, 01:58:23 PM »
You are right, Ack : thats exactly what seems to happen, Ty for this info about that old bug, i hope HTC fixes it for AH3...👌

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2015, 02:54:04 PM »
Just posting some more film of the bug. It seems the F4U1A's right wing is immune to 30mm's as well. Two direct hits to the outer and inner right wing and no damage.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2015, 03:27:17 PM »
Did an offline experiment with the K4 and drones. I included an F4U-1A.

I pulled up behind the F4U and single shot with the 30mm into the right wing aiming mid aileron. So the very first time I hit that area, only the outside panel of the wing falls off. I dispatched the broken F4U to get a fresh one in the circle. Every subsequent single shot to the outer wing panel took the whole wing off at the root each time I attacked the new re-spawned F4U.

Tested this against the other fighters in the drone circle, same phenomenon. If I exited the game and restarted it, the phenomenon repeated itself. Once I shot the wing making the outside panel drop off, then killed the drone. Every fighter would loose the whole wing to a single 30mm hit. In some cases if I hit the fuselage during the first shoot event, the fighter would not one shot die and be very damage resistant. I could get up to 2 hits knocking off pieces and only starting a fire.

If anything is going to be looked at, I suspect it will be in AH3 after it becomes stable for the largest number of PC. Hitech is the only person coding AH3 at HTC. This is not a bug in the sense you pull the trigger and your game crashes.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2015, 07:16:51 PM »
Nice research, bustr.

Your distinctiveness will be added to the collective.

Offline ISux

• Zinc Member
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2015, 02:21:52 PM »
i know i put at least five 30mm from my Ta-152 hits down the center of a B17 the other day and nothing happened at least two of the hit sprites were in the wing root area. ended up finishing it with the 20mm.

i've never had a fighter not go down after 1 30mm hit except for the p38 i hit the engine and heard the engine shut off so that makes sense. most of the time i hit the inboard wing side, the tail section or the cockpit. and they always go down.
JiimboSox

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2015, 10:30:43 PM »
Yes,thats exactly how the bug happens: some bomber parts are"imune" to 30mm hits...
i know i put at least five 30mm from my Ta-152 hits down the center of a B17 the other day and nothing happened at least two of the hit sprites were in the wing root area. ended up finishing it with the 20mm.

i've never had a fighter not go down after 1 30mm hit except for the p38 i hit the engine and heard the engine shut off so that makes sense. most of the time i hit the inboard wing side, the tail section or the cockpit. and they always go down.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2015, 01:38:57 AM »
Just posting some more film of the bug. It seems the F4U1A's right wing is immune to 30mm's as well. Two direct hits to the outer and inner right wing and no damage.

shot them in the head next time and not the wing.  problem solved.    :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2015, 11:07:12 AM »
Yes,thats exactly how the bug happens: some bomber parts are"imune" to 30mm hits...

This is inaccurate.  If the round does not hit anything critical in the plane, then little damage is done.  It does not matter which round it is.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2015, 09:11:02 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:28:32 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2015, 06:33:28 AM »
Just because you do not *see* any damage done, does not mean there was not any done.

The complaints seem to be more about the lack of graphical damage than anything else.  Our hit detection accuracy far outpaces our graphical representation of damage. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:39:59 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2015, 11:13:54 PM »
Just because you do not *see* any damage done, does not mean there was not any done.

The complaints seem to be more about the lack of graphical damage than anything else.  Our hit detection accuracy far outpaces our graphical representation of damage.
Did an offline experiment with the K4 and drones. I included an F4U-1A.

I pulled up behind the F4U and single shot with the 30mm into the right wing aiming mid aileron. So the very first time I hit that area, only the outside panel of the wing falls off. I dispatched the broken F4U to get a fresh one in the circle. Every subsequent single shot to the outer wing panel took the whole wing off at the root each time I attacked the new re-spawned F4U.

Tested this against the other fighters in the drone circle, same phenomenon. If I exited the game and restarted it, the phenomenon repeated itself. Once I shot the wing making the outside panel drop off, then killed the drone. Every fighter would loose the whole wing to a single 30mm hit. In some cases if I hit the fuselage during the first shoot event, the fighter would not one shot die and be very damage resistant. I could get up to 2 hits knocking off pieces and only starting a fire.

If anything is going to be looked at, I suspect it will be in AH3 after it becomes stable for the largest number of PC. Hitech is the only person coding AH3 at HTC. This is not a bug in the sense you pull the trigger and your game crashes.
This seems to be the complaint.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2015, 01:20:20 PM »
So u pretend the 30mm damages plane even when obviously they r not damaged ( i mean a wing is off or on, except if u now reveal us a wing can be off but still graphicaly represented ON ingame ... due to a bug : so the damaged plane is then continuing to fly... with a ghost wing... cool, i didnt know that feature, ty !)... and my point in post u erased was that, whatever engine part a 30mm cannon shell hits at 50m, only the blast would damage the engine so hard it couldnt continue working (check mk108 ammo explosive blast radius characteristics maybe).. So the 30mm hit i showed u in film wasnt -at -all- dealing any damage. Maybe u could check the tons of films posted in this thread(along with other created threads about 30mm bug for +1y now... :aok

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:25:10 PM by Interceptor »