Author Topic: Help  (Read 656 times)

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
Help
« on: June 06, 2014, 11:05:33 AM »
Not a computer smart guy. Would love custom sounds. How do you download and save and make em work?
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 11:37:43 AM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,583.0.html

Try starting here, I got a custom soundpack setup fairly easily. There's some great tutorials on this thread to get you started. I have Mitsus soundpack and am happy with it. I may need to update as I believe there's a new version available with additional sounds covered.

A suggestion: Make a copy of your original installation files for Aces High, just in case you overwrite something you shouldn't have, you can always "re-instate" the working original game files. As Skuzzy states, DO NOT DELETE GAME FILES!

Good luck.

P.S. If you can change out the 8" cruiser sound to something that won't blow your head off and pop your speakers, the original sound is real heavy...  :salute I believe I heard someone make their own recording of saying "boom" to replace the loud original sound file.
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 12:18:36 PM »
Thanks KB. I have no clue how to save a file but I'll read and try to figure it. I'll probably switch back the next time you or sandy are on....
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline pennsy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 06:57:39 PM »
I'm a self taught computer geek that had a lousy teacher.

what is the procedure for installing sounds? I recollect one sim from years back required each individual plane to be modified one at a time.
  I'm thinking a sticky thread with basic instructions would be useful. I could screw this up pretty easy as past experience has demonstrated.
 TIA