Author Topic: to the.....-I must survive players-  (Read 6585 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: to the.....-I must survive players-
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2014, 09:21:49 PM »
Ah Skyrock...there are players who fight extremely timidly and never take a risk. And then there are players who basically fight a chivalrous duel on every single sortie and never pick and always start from a disadvantage...Okay, there's one player like that and it is Tongs  :D  My squaddies are somewhere between these two extremes...and so are yours. It's all good, long as we're honest about that...you kicked my bellybutton in that F4U-1 the other day but you can't say I wouldn't fight. Peace man  :salute
I'll throw in 2 cents....Fulcrum doesn't fight like you do. If you watch from the other side of his flying you would be calling him a big ole VaJJ too.

Blame Changeup for all this drama........I tried telling him this 8-12 months ago but he didn't listen......
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2014, 09:41:56 PM »
I'll throw in 2 cents....Fulcrum doesn't fight like you do. If you watch from the other side of his flying you would be calling him a big ole VaJJ too.
I've seen him reverse and kill higher planes in his 110 a few times. True story. Whereas I think I would be helpless in that thing. There's a difference for you.*shrug*

The Damned BAT in the AH Belfry

"You don't have any special powers"
"Oh I have one...I NEVER give up"-The Batman

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2014, 10:30:59 PM »

Blame Changeup for all this drama........I tried telling him this 8-12 months ago but he didn't listen......

*yawn*  you still around, Junkster? I see your mouth's still in the gutter...not that it matters...its strangely appropriate you posted.  :lol
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2014, 10:56:58 PM »
*yawn*  you still around, Junkster? I see your mouth's still in the gutter...not that it matters...its strangely appropriate you posted.  :lol
Damn he didn't say it....but he hinted at it....maybe on the next post.

Mouth in the gutter.....Ha your smack talk makes me sleepy.
I've seen him reverse and kill higher planes in his 110 a few times. True story. Whereas I think I would be helpless in that thing. There's a difference for you.*shrug*

He seems to have just recently started flying it...I'm used to the lame Typh games(only engaging when he has friends, flying with 5-8k more alt then rest of the furball, generally flying straight lines). Killing higher planes doesn't mean anything, sometimes the higher plane is just being lazy which leads to mistakes or that higher plane has been playing 2 weeks  :aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2014, 09:37:07 AM »
Killing higher planes doesn't mean anything, sometimes the higher plane is just being lazy which leads to mistakes or that higher plane has been playing 2 weeks  :aok

Ah. A guy who allegedly never fights is caught red-handed actually fighting. But they weren't "good" fights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
A simple rendition of the fallacy:[3]

Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
    Person B: "I am Scottish, and I put sugar on my porridge."
    Person A: "Well, no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 10:45:57 AM by Iamtheknight »

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2014, 11:14:42 AM »
Damn he didn't say it....but he hinted at it....maybe on the next post.

Mouth in the gutter.....Ha your smack talk makes me sleepy.

He seems to have just recently started flying it...I'm used to the lame Typh games(only engaging when he has friends, flying with 5-8k more alt then rest of the furball, generally flying straight lines). Killing higher planes doesn't mean anything, sometimes the higher plane is just being lazy which leads to mistakes or that higher plane has been playing 2 weeks  :aok

All deaths in this game are the ultimate result of a decision made by the pilot who was shot down.

In the end, a pilot who engages a lower aircraft is engaging from an advantage. If that advantage causes or allows the attacking plane to be lazy or otherwise exhibit bad judgement and ADM, then that is a flaw that can be exploited, just as a lack of shooting skills or turnfighting can be exploited.

You seem to be implying that Fulcrum lacks the ability to perform because of what you perceive to be deficiencies in his skillset, yet you criticize and overlook his accomplishments when he takes advantages of others' deficiencies. That is what we call a double-standard. Well, technically, it's a play on the "No True Scotsman" fallacy, but it looks like Batman beat me to that one.

I've not known Fulcrum as long as many of you, but I can say that he been very up-front and honest in his evaluation of own skillset in my interactions with him. I've not seen him post once that he was better or otherwise more skilled; on the contrary, he consistently speaks highly of most players he encounters, even if he may not necessarily like them. He even told me that you were quite good, despite the two of you not exactly getting along, before any of our interactions or our duel.

I would suggest you evaluate your motives for posting the above, because once you get through the fallacies and double-standard, what's left is what appears to be a personal dislike for him, and not much else.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:59:21 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2014, 11:50:27 AM »
Guys, I appreciate the support, but SkyRock was right.  I should not have posted here, even if I still think the OP was a backhanded slap at those who do not fly in a certain manner in the MA.  While I do like to poke at INK, I did not mean for this to go off the rails so badly.  For that I apologize.

My statement was not smack talk - It's a comment based on my assessment of your behavior.  I'm no saint and will never claim to be....but I would never say some of the things I've heard you say.  Not even to someone I dislike.....there are limits.

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2014, 01:01:29 AM »
My statement was not smack talk - It's a comment based on my assessment of your behavior.  I'm no saint and will never claim to be....but I would never say some of the things I've heard you say.  Not even to someone I dislike.....there are limits.
:rofl Pretty sure you and Dedalos both threatened me physically on multiple occasions after my one comment, which by today's standard isn't half as bad as most of the stuff on the internet(I wonder where I actually saw that comment ;)), so based on your behavior toward me I'd say your an idoit for being an internet tough guy.
All deaths in this game are the ultimate result of a decision made by the pilot who was shot down.

I would suggest you evaluate your motives for posting the above, because once you get through the fallacies and double-standard, what's left is what appears to be a personal dislike for him, and not much else.
Bold portion is very true

Back story- When he was in the muppets him and a few others didn't like me too much, because I said their flying style was anti-fight....very similar to the flying style The Damned has in the MA today.....which is flat out in the end just good wingman tactics. (When wingman tactics turn into gangbang that's where my disdain comes in....cutting off the guy who showed up late to the party...un-American :aok).
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2014, 06:16:39 AM »
Wingman tactics, gangbangs, and such.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wf9ol0ib38dy1cj/NikKillLa7_0655.ahf
A N1K comes in with a lot of altitude. He tries to run away from my La7(?!?) after I avoid his passes and he loses the advantage. The chase brings us within range of Skyrock and Dedalos, who both come in, turning the 1v1 consisting of me and the N1K into a 3vMe, briefly, until the I make N1K go boom. Then it reverts to a mere 2v1. I evade a bit, but, perhaps inevitably, go boom.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2014, 11:01:10 AM »
:rofl Pretty sure you and Dedalos both threatened me physically on multiple occasions after my one comment, which by today's standard isn't half as bad as most of the stuff on the internet(I wonder where I actually saw that comment ;)), so based on your behavior toward me I'd say your an idoit for being an internet tough guy.Bold portion is very true

Back story- When he was in the muppets him and a few others didn't like me too much, because I said their flying style was anti-fight....very similar to the flying style The Damned has in the MA today.....which is flat out in the end just good wingman tactics. (When wingman tactics turn into gangbang that's where my disdain comes in....cutting off the guy who showed up late to the party...un-American :aok).

Being called an internet tough guy by an internet tough guy on an internet accessible forum.  How quaint!   :rofl

I'd address the rest of your "back story", but why bother?  You are a manchild, so I expect logic isn't your strong suit.

Keep on pounding that chest, Junkster!   :aok  :rofl

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2014, 11:10:33 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wf9ol0ib38dy1cj/NikKillLa7_0655.ahf
A N1K comes in with a lot of altitude. He tries to run away from my La7(?!?) after I avoid his passes and he loses the advantage. The chase brings us within range of Skyrock and Dedalos, who both come in, turning the 1v1 consisting of me and the N1K into a 3vMe, briefly, until the I make N1K go boom. Then it reverts to a mere 2v1. I evade a bit, but, perhaps inevitably, go boom.

curious I am...who thou are ingame?

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
curious I am...who thou are ingame?
Interesting fact: Films show the callsign of everyone flying in them. :aok

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2014, 11:22:49 AM »
Interesting fact: Films show the callsign of everyone flying in them. :aok

thats true...

as easy as saying "hey...I am -insert callsign here-"

maybe I cant watch film right now....

I am guessing you are just another Fulcrum shade...

was just gonna put you on ignore like the rest of the tards....

but figured I would ask....I don't like assuming....

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2014, 11:25:29 AM »
thats true...

as easy as saying "hey...I am -insert callsign here-"

maybe I cant watch film right now....

I am guessing you are just another Fulcrum shade...

but figured I would ask....I don't like assuming....

There is this guy in our squad called "BATMANN"?  You know..."IamTheKnight"? Avatar with Batman slapping Robin?  Get it?

While I'm flattered you see my shades everywhere, we are not the same person.  We've even been seen flying together in the MA.  True Story!  :uhoh
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:00:22 PM by Zerstorer »

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2014, 12:20:50 PM »
Sorry. Figured you were being facetious. Batmannn, 3 Ns. I'm not the REAL Batman though...that's Kevin Conroy! :aok

thats true...

Now I grow curious. What tard'ish behavior do you believe I committed?