Author Topic: Replacement for the Brew  (Read 9075 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Replacement for the Brew
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2014, 08:28:36 AM »

How would they do that? After all this would mean they are changing the content of the ahf, which should be difficult to do without wreckign that file alltogether without any superior knowledge of your .ahf format  :headscratch:

I checked one of my films uploaded there, it's exactly identical with the original, no alterations

You are right.  Not every upload has been encoded to play on regular video players.  That does not stop the virus/spyware/malware payloads form being delivered.

What website do you recommend us to upload AHF's to then, instead of mediafire?

I did not make any recommendation.  They can be emailed to us in native format, or, if applicable, uploaded to our "Films and Screenshots" forum.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2014, 08:46:10 AM »
In any case, there were no surprises during my test. The Fm2 accelerates faster in a dive to the deck than the Brew, retains energy better through a hard Immelman, regains more speed via unloading in a dive back to the deck, and holds onto said excess speed longer than the Brew. The P-51D btw, absolutely blows both planes away in all these performance variables.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2014, 09:18:09 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to do the tests.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2014, 11:38:21 AM »
In any case, there were no surprises during my test. The Fm2 accelerates faster in a dive to the deck than the Brew, retains energy better through a hard Immelman, regains more speed via unloading in a dive back to the deck, and holds onto said excess speed longer than the Brew. The P-51D btw, absolutely blows both planes away in all these performance variables.

Again these test are not comparing alternate sources of test data.   Apples and oranges.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2014, 12:53:31 PM »
Again these test are not comparing alternate sources of test data.   Apples and oranges.

The point was seeing if the Brew could do anything other planes in AHII can't do. It seemingly cannot.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2014, 02:03:04 PM »
The point was seeing if the Brew could do anything other planes in AHII can't do. It seemingly cannot.
Seemingly?

But you're right, the subject was how the brewster performs versus other planes in the game, in addition to turning 180 without loosing speed. ie. turn like a ki43, roll like a 190, take as much damage as a p47, accelerate like a spit. Suffer no control degredation at speeds over 600mph.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2014, 02:07:32 PM »
Seemingly?

But you're right, the subject was how the brewster performs versus other planes in the game, in addition to turning 180 without loosing speed. ie. turn like a ki43, roll like a 190, take as much damage as a p47, accelerate like a spit. Suffer no control degredation at speeds over 600mph.

I assume you are being sarcastic, as I have not been able to validate any of those claims about the Brewster, at all.

I would welcome a film showing all that.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:09:08 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2014, 04:31:32 PM »

The point is that the Brewster in the game is modeled correctly. If any one believes other wise all they have to do is post documents proving it.

If you believe it acts out of the ordinary... climbs like a rocket, turns like zero, and hits like a Tiffy, please post films showing this.

Other wise it's all hearsay and pretty much BS.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »

. . . If any one believes other wise all they have to do is post documents proving it.  . . .

Exactly, what we need is real plane documentation, not more meaningless test and films in AH. 

To challenge the model we must question the inputs and more importantly, the assumptions HTC made on this plane's model.  The inputs from the real plane performance, weight and HP is most likely correct unless they have the wrong engine assigned to the plane they choose to model as an example.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2014, 04:59:41 PM »
Exactly, what we need is real plane documentation, not more meaningless test and films in AH.  

The tests mentioned in this thread weren't meaningless at all.

Because they were not intended to prove that the B-239 is being modeled absolutely correctly to real life performance in any way.
They were conducted to see if the absurd claims about in game performance ("climbs like a 109K", "loses no E in a 180° turn", "goes X mph" and so on") had any substance to them.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2014, 05:16:32 PM »

To challenge the model we must question the inputs and more importantly, the assumptions HTC made on this plane's model.  The inputs from the real plane performance, weight and HP is most likely correct unless they have the wrong engine assigned to the plane they choose to model as an example.

Remind me why we must question this?  No one has posted a problem with the Brewster.

Have you considered questioning your own assumptions about the flight model? Remember leaving out induced drag?

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2014, 06:32:11 PM »
I'm guessing every plane in the game can dive to the deck at ~500 mph, rev and unload, and temporarily have speed well in excess of the top level deck speed of just about any plane in the game. FM2 seems to do that better than the Brew, P-51D seems to do it better than either.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2014, 07:45:02 PM »

You must produce the evidence of incorrect behavior and the documentation to support that claim.  Saying "There might be something wrong, I don't know, but somebody ought to check into it." is "concern trolling" and is not a valid way of making inquiries.

Nobody has ever produced a film of the Brewster doing anything unexpected.  There have been lots of claims, and a lot of lazy thinkers have  latched on to those claims, but magically not one of these incidents have ever been filmed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2014, 12:29:05 AM »
You must produce the evidence of incorrect behavior and the documentation to support that claim.  Saying "There might be something wrong, I don't know, but somebody ought to check into it." is "concern trolling" and is not a valid way of making inquiries.

Exactly, and said trolling could be started about every plane in the game if the "troll" wants to. There's nothing in the way Brewster performs or weighs for example that would warrant it.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2014, 12:40:48 AM »
I always thought the issue was people comparing the Brewster B-239 with negative history of the model used in Midway and the one used by the RAF/CW in the CBI.

If we agree that there is a significant physical differences in these versions and we already have a modifiable model why can't we get another one modeled after the more sucky Brewsters and call it good?