Author Topic: big <S> to those F4F sticks  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
Re: big <S> to those F4F sticks
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 03:23:25 AM »
One of my boys got an assist on you early in the frame, Bacon, but that might not be the same skirmish you were talking about. Two of my flight were scouting in SBD's and got jumped so we went to help them out, and I think that's what started the first big furball.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 04:48:12 AM »
Guess I'll find out who they were when the logs come out.  If memory serves me  :old: our flight of four A6M2's engaged a group of seven to ten F4F's and it quickly became an all out brawl.

Yes, after reviewing the video, it was indeed USN VF-6, our flight was a great and hard fight  (and we were 7)

<S> Guys
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:12:12 AM by artik »
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 11:18:36 AM »
One of my boys got an assist on you early in the frame, Bacon, but that might not be the same skirmish you were talking about. Two of my flight were scouting in SBD's and got jumped so we went to help them out, and I think that's what started the first big furball.

Yep, I remember that furball as well.  That was our first engagement.  Me and my wing engaged the SBD's and kept two high for top cover.  That Didn't work out very well.   :joystick:

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 01:34:23 PM »
I collided dropping to finish off a Zeke that was spinning out of control below me.   :frown:

Yea that was me... I was just about to bail as I had lost most of the left side of the plane and then I get the " " Has collided with you message.. oops

That was a lot of BLUE planes in that furball
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 07:08:20 PM »
glad someone found something to shoot at. :bhead
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins