Author Topic: Installing a sound pack?  (Read 2818 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Installing a sound pack?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 04:13:17 AM »
bizman I'm pretty sure there's a sound folder on the original installation but it's empty.

semp

Yep there is a sound folder. It seems I've had sound packs for so long that I already forgot it's empty by default.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 08:26:20 AM »
I stand corrected. But as you've both said, it's empty by default. Thus renaming or replacing it as well as saving its non-existent contents won't have any effect.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 04:52:54 PM »
I stand corrected. But as you've both said, it's empty by default. Thus renaming or replacing it as well as saving its non-existent contents won't have any effect.

think the idea of renaming was in case you already had custom sound and avoid having to downloaded the again in case you didn't like them.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 05:28:57 AM »
think the idea of renaming was in case you already had custom sound and avoid having to downloaded the again in case you didn't like them.

semp

Yep more than once I've had to revert the old sound pack back or take some samples that were better in the other pack. Especially if you don't remember where you put the older pack or where you got it from, it's better to leave the original as a backup.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone