Author Topic: Mutes  (Read 3226 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Mutes
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 04:46:08 PM »
Every player has tools to protect themselves from abuse.  You do not need to be able to be abusive back.  That does not solve the problem.  It just makes it worse.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 04:55:58 PM »
Every player has tools to protect themselves from abuse.  You do not need to be able to be abusive back.  That does not solve the problem.  It just makes it worse.

I agree completely, but where are these tools described in the available game documentation? What tools are available? What are the procedures for reporting abuse? I can't find this information in the Help section of your website, nor is it in the FAQ. Where does a new player (or an old one for that matter) go to learn the rules and how to report violations?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 05:33:22 PM »
And if a player really crosses the line, even a single screenshot sent in can do wonders...  :old:

I've had issues with that before, but I do have a recent screen shot I would like to report. Thanks for the heads up!  :aok

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 05:38:44 PM »
And why would you need to do either?  What has either statement have to do with the game.  Do those types of discussions improve the gameplay somehow that I don't see?  I can see a bit of verbal reparte' as heathy and fun from time to time but that is not what this is about.

I'm not your capitive audience.  I log in to have some fun and be with friends.  I shouldn't have to detune 200 to avoid seeing what the rule breakers post to dominate the channel.  I shouldn't have to mute you, and wouldn't have to if you would just kindly, please, play by the rules.

Zoney please refrain from having common sense here.  This isn't going to be mistaken for a think tank anytime soon.  :rofl
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 05:58:38 PM »
One issue I have seen is a player has a disagreement with an other or there is bad blood. One of the players grabs his friends and they all report the other player, both may be at fault but the one who acts first with the most friends gets the other player muted, now to me this seems unjust, and an abuse of the system.
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 06:05:19 PM »
One issue I have seen is a player has a disagreement with an other or there is bad blood. One of the players grabs his friends and they all report the other player, both may be at fault but the one who acts first with the most friends gets the other player muted, now to me this seems unjust, and an abuse of the system.

You can then file a complaint with HTC, and if you were gang-reported unjustly, the mute will be lifted and the guilty people will be punished.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 06:25:39 PM »
It was not me that this happened to. That being said I didn't have film or I would have done just that.
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2014, 07:26:59 PM »
I agree completely, but where are these tools described in the available game documentation? What tools are available? What are the procedures for reporting abuse? I can't find this information in the Help section of your website, nor is it in the FAQ. Where does a new player (or an old one for that matter) go to learn the rules and how to report violations?

you know those messages you get when you log in into an arena, one of them advises you how to report a player's behavior.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »
It was not me that this happened to. That being said I didn't have film or I would have done just that.

You don't need film. Just hit the report button and they can check the logs and see what happened and dole out what ever punishment is merited.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 08:59:39 PM »
The problem is that if one person violates the rules and insults another player and is not moderated, the target of the insult is in a position where he/she cannot respond in kind. This kind of justice only works if it is equal and universal. If you take away people's right to stand up for themselves in your chat system you must at all times provide moderation, or the result will be this kind of mess.

The GMs in Eve don't monitor what is going on in chat 24/7, they only monitor what is going in chat once they receive a report of a violation.  It would cost too much money and man power to monitor chat 24/7 in a game as large as Eve.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 10:13:41 PM »
The problem is that if one person violates the rules and insults another player and is not moderated, the target of the insult is in a position where he/she cannot respond in kind. This kind of justice only works if it is equal and universal. If you take away people's right to stand up for themselves in your chat system you must at all times provide moderation, or the result will be this kind of mess.

totally agree with you, let hitech give everybody's address so you visit the other player and truly stand up for yourself  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

we really do need sarcasm font.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 12:11:06 AM »
The problem is that if one person violates the rules and insults another player and is not moderated, the target of the insult is in a position where he/she cannot respond in kind. This kind of justice only works if it is equal and universal
You know, just because one person says something ignorant and offensive does not mean they are due, or owed, a response.  You do realize that most of the instigators are looking for a reaction.  Going into it knowing this, is the person reacting to the instigator enabling them?  Ignore them, it's really not that complicated a process.  You have it within the game to control your reaction, and whether or not you continue to read the offending text.  If you choose to continue reading it, and accept being insulted, it's on you.  .report and .ignore and .getonwithlife
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 12:47:18 AM »
and .getonwithlife

I must have been asleep and missed this specific dot command.... lol

All of you know, there will always be continuous new topics and posts about Mutes, until AH is no more....... been seeing the same ol repeated stuff for over 14 years... well not quiet that long, but close....... was hardly even a word about them back then, people coming here already knew of Good & Bad etiquette in the game ( and on the boards, most times )

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 01:04:27 AM »
Is someone mad at complainers? And themself complaining.?   :rofl
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 01:51:20 AM »
You know, just because one person says something ignorant and offensive does not mean they are due, or owed, a response. 

They certainly are. Preferably by a moderator.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."