Author Topic: Mutes  (Read 3223 times)

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Mutes
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2014, 10:06:58 AM »
The few times I was muted I know I didn't deserve it. Both happened on our squad channel and I was typing in Finnish. The first time I was bragging about the big bag of potato chips I had, the second was when I typed I'd grab a squaddie by his ears and kiss him on the forehead. Apparently the moderator was a homophobic healthy food apostle.
:lol

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2014, 10:07:24 AM »
The player age range of 10-80 or so years old, demographics of international gameplay does make for
a much varied view of life, politics and just day to day living.  I would hate to be a moderator in that theater.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2014, 03:43:46 PM »
The few times I was muted I know I didn't deserve it. Both happened on our squad channel and I was typing in Finnish. The first time I was bragging about the big bag of potato chips I had, the second was when I typed I'd grab a squaddie by his ears and kiss him on the forehead. Apparently the moderator was a homophobic healthy food apostle.

Moderators do not have access to the squad channel.  The squad CO's are left to take care of those channels.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2014, 03:58:32 PM »
Moderators do not have access to the squad channel.  The squad CO's are left to take care of those channels.

I don't think Bizman even meant that he was muted by a moderator but by the auto "banned words" filter. :) Bag is P_u_s_s_i in Finnish so one can see why the filter might have not liked it. :D Although in similar cases the filter has warned me before muting ("continued profanity will result in 10 mins...etc").

http://rowena.smugmug.com/Street-Scenes/Finland/Cute-products/1184068_JjNwnj/55380399_NNBHk3m#!i=55380399&k=NNBHk3m ...Nowadays it only reads in english ("megabag") in the same bag of chips. :D
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2014, 04:04:02 PM »
I don't think Bizman even meant that he was muted by a moderator but by the auto "banned words" filter.

Years ago, typing F4UC 10k  on the radio would get you a language warning as well  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2014, 04:43:08 PM »

Years ago, typing F4UC 10k  on the radio would get you a language warning as well  :)

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Years ago I wrote over 200 to another player and said `nice shot` to which I got a warning..... when I looked at the text I had hit the letter just left of O,the I and it didnt say nice shot at all..... :devil

I believe it`s the only warning I`ve ever gotten!

:salute

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2014, 05:24:50 PM »
Is this some kind of poetry?  
I'm confused by the strange line construction.
I'm sure it's clear to others, but not me.
For this I have the deepest compunction.

Roses are red,
Violets are poo,
I hate to admit it,
But that's he best I can do.

Is it poetic to you?
I just write it in a manner as to not create a wall of text that runs entirely across the screen, instead of creating smaller sentences and more of them, which seems to me to be a more presentable structure :aok

:cheers: Oz
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:27:00 PM by ozrocker »
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2014, 05:39:15 PM »
Skuzzy, if you need some footage of what not to do, I can get you some videos of Mazz Muppet rants. Say the word buddy.

Haha.. those are great

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »
I thought the OP was some kind of extended Haiku myself.

:rofl

P.S. you know I got still got love for you ozrocker   ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 07:06:57 PM by craz07 »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2014, 08:21:13 PM »
Let me be clear, I'm not trying to defend them.

And fine, inconsistent enforcement, have it your way. It still weakens the rule.

24/7 babysitters makes sense if you want the rules enforced 24/7. But then that's not a priority, it would seem. This isn't a criticism, simply an observation.

No rule, or Law for that matter, is enforced equally 24/7/365. It is NOT possible. Rules are to define parameters of accepted action, or boundaries to comply with to "even the field", so to speak.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2014, 12:11:21 AM »
I don't think Bizman even meant that he was muted by a moderator but by the auto "banned words" filter. :) Bag is P_u_s_s_i in Finnish so one can see why the filter might have not liked it. :D Although in similar cases the filter has warned me before muting ("continued profanity will result in 10 mins...etc").

http://rowena.smugmug.com/Street-Scenes/Finland/Cute-products/1184068_JjNwnj/55380399_NNBHk3m#!i=55380399&k=NNBHk3m ...Nowadays it only reads in english ("megabag") in the same bag of chips. :D

on the red channel (squad only) there isnt a filter. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2014, 12:16:13 AM »
on the red channel (squad only) there isnt a filter.  

Ahh...Good to know! :D Finns are using common channel (ch136) since we are under several squads. I assume that's what Bizman meant (that is what I meant anyway). There's actually very little traffic on our squad channels.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:25:29 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2014, 01:28:41 PM »
Yepp, 136 is what I meant. And I did get the "continued profanity..." warnings, which I of course quoted in my next message. Can't remember exactly, but I may have thought there's a real person moderating our channel and I may have tried to ask "him" directly what "he" thought was wrong in my chips. As a outrageously awesome fellow player might say, "auto filters are poo! :old:"

And just for those who might wonder about the kissing thing: I used the word p_u_s_s_a_a_n (I'll kiss) which is a loan of the Swedish language word p_u_s_s_a (to kiss) or p_u_s_s (a kiss) - we used to share a king with the Swedes until about two hundred years ago.

Actually, now that I think about it, I was muted once on a public channel. I was commenting something that someone said and probably my words were worse than my intention or there was some misunderstanding from the moderator's part. I had been PM'ing with the said someone for quite a while that day like many times previously, so we knew each other's way of thinking somewhat. He was active on 200, too, so I made a comment of something he just had said. Lesson learned: Never mix PM with 200 even with the same opponent.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni