Author Topic: Tool Shedding-Get rid of it.  (Read 7423 times)

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
Re: Tool Shedding-Get rid of it.
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2014, 02:31:24 PM »
Alas it is your opinion vs those that have answered your wish and as skorpion put it " most object to it" other then what has been stated and in your delusion ignored what more can be said. This more fun for us comment would warrant more people agreeing with you.... where are they? Why are you the only advocate for this? And why are your remarks the only ones that matter?
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2014, 02:33:45 PM »
Keep the game as is.

Making hangars indestructible will just mean that vulches get set up far more otften.
Vulches are the reward for establishing total air superiority. And if I get vulched that is okay, at least I had a slim chance to get up and fight.

Making hangars indestructible will warrant the endless use of hording, even though it's already there.
So you are saying my idea is bad because it will cause something that already happens anyway.  :D Oh, watching people on this forum try to use logic is fun.

Making hangars indestructible is AGAINST what this game is about.
This game is primarily about fighting planes with planes, or the commercial I saw on the History Channel back in 2006 was false advertising. Tool-shedding hampers fighting badly these days, and thus is against what the game is about.

Bomber dweebs gotta have fun too, and part of that fun is killing hangars. Just because you're whining about it doesn't mean that it'll change. If you haven't noticed almost everyone in here is against it, which would lead you to believe that it might be a bad idea, right?
Bomber dweebs would still have things to do in the game, your logic here is full of questionable assumptions. You first assume that the respondents here represent a majority, and then you assume that truth is best determined by a show of hands.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 02:39:48 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2014, 02:39:11 PM »
This more fun for us comment would warrant more people agreeing with you.... where are they? Why are you the only advocate for this? And why are your remarks the only ones that matter?

Where are they? You do go to the MA right? I assure times of rampant tool-shedding are still lamented by those who like to fight.

Why am I the only advocate for this? Sadly, most people do not think very deeply nor very logically. This is true on the boards as well as in the general population. AHers will complain they "cannot find fights", yet their explanations for why they can't find fights are poorly thought out and illogical. They don't seem to notice the elephant in the room, that when a fight DOES spring up it usually gets killed in short order by a tool-shedder.

My remarks are so far are the only ones without gaping holes in logic.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2014, 02:39:58 PM »
I am asking for reasonable response, no derision because you haven't opened the ball game by deriding me. If it involves flawed logic I will point out those flaws, but still no derision. If you do not have one and are man enough to admit it and concede the point, still no derision, in fact a hearty  :salute

I personally enjoy thwarting those who come to kill any object on the field.  If it is bombers or fighters it does not matter, I try to put myself in a position to kill them before they can drop.  I think it is fun and I have the patience to be in a position to have a chance of stopping them.  

I also trust HTC to have a much better understanding of game play dynamics than I either you or I.  What I want may be selfish but no more or less than what you want.  Every aspect of this game has the winner denying something from the loser.  I want the gameplay, and the skillset of the players to determine what you many deny your opponent, not a rule change.

Wag more, bark less.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2014, 02:47:24 PM »
I personally enjoy thwarting those who come to kill any object on the field.  If it is bombers or fighters it does not matter, I try to put myself in a position to kill them before they can drop.  I think it is fun and I have the patience to be in a position to have a chance of stopping them.
Because warning time tends to be short, the defense does not have a reasonable chance of being in position to deal effectively with tool-shedding bombers, especially if said tool-shedders come to kill what was previously simply a fun furball. Like I said, one could simply up a good interceptor plane and loiter at typical bomber altitudes in hope as soon as one sees a red DAR, but this is very likely to be excruciatingly dull and I do not think it is reasonable to expect most players to do this.

Also, the reality of bomber offensives in R/L is that they will tend to get through, and the job of the interceptors is to simply make it too costly in lives and treasure to continue the bomber offensive through attrition. Since lives and planes are infinite in Aces High, attrition does not exist and this skews the balance even further.

I also trust HTC to have a much better understanding of game play dynamics than I either you or I.  
Player numbers have been declining rather steadily for awhile now.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2014, 02:56:58 PM »
Because warning time tends to be short, the defense does not have a reasonable chance of being in position to deal effectively with tool-shedding bombers, especially if said tool-shedders come to kill what was previously simply a fun furball. )I have a very good chance of of being in position because I'm studying the DAR map and can use the information to be in position)Like I said, one could simply up a good interceptor plane and loiter at typical bomber altitudes in hope as soon as one sees a red DAR, but this is very likely to be excruciatingly dull It is not dull at all for me.  Yes I have time invested in climbing and flying to the right spot, but that investment increases the excitment I feel when I have a successful intercept) and I do not think it is reasonable to expect most players to do this. 

Also, the reality of bomber offensives in R/L is that they will tend to get through, and the job of the interceptors is to simply make it too costly in lives and treasure to continue the bomber offensive through attrition. Since lives and planes are infinite in Aces High, attrition does not exist and this skews the balance even further.
Player numbers have been declining rather steadily for awhile now. (You are assuming that your proposed change will make a difference in the numbers of people that play but have absolutely no basis for that conclusion)

Wag more, bark less.

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2014, 03:06:53 PM »
Vulches are the reward for establishing total air superiority. And if I get vulched that is okay, at least I had a slim chance to get up and fight.
- You only need to kill base ack and manned guns to set up a vulch, which isn't very hard.
So you are saying my idea is bad because it will cause something that already happens anyway.  :D Oh, watching people on this forum try to use logic is fun.
-I said it already happens, what will happen after this "idea" of yours is nothing but hordes from other countries. Nobody will go to take a base unless they have a ton of people backing them up.
This game is primarily about fighting planes with planes, or the commercial I saw on the History Channel back in 2006 was false advertising. Tool-shedding hampers fighting badly these days, and thus is against what the game is about.
-Tool-shedding as you call it promotes combat. Shoot down those bombers (AKA Combat) or lose your hangars. It's a use it or lose it deal going on.
Bomber dweebs would still have things to do in the game, your logic here is full of questionable assumptions. You first assume that the respondents here represent a majority, and then you assume that truth is best determined by a show of hands.
-Bombers killing hangars is just part of the game. Deal with it and don't whine about it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2014, 03:07:44 PM »
Player numbers have been declining rather steadily for awhile now.

Numbers had also been growing massively for years, despite of CV's being sunk, land being grabbed in NOE raids and hangars being smashed alot.

I for one always liked battles in AH. As huge, fluid and as complex as possible.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2014, 03:09:49 PM »
I understand that you like intercepting buffs Zoney. I am not proposing to eliminate buffs, but rather simply making them less of a detriment to the overall intensity of the fighting going on.

You are assuming that your proposed change will make a difference in the numbers of people that play but have absolutely no basis for that conclusion.

Actually I was providing a reason as to why there might be room to doubt the statement of yours I quoted. But it is reasonable to hypothesize that numbers have been declining and/or going to other sims at least in part because it can often be difficult to find action. And my suggestion would somewhat mitigate that problem, for all the logical reasons I outlined.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2014, 03:12:17 PM »
Numbers had also been growing massively for years, despite of CV's being sunk, land being grabbed in NOE raids and hangars being smashed alot.

I for one always liked battles in AH. As huge, fluid and as complex as possible.

The human factor cannot be ignored. We started out as overwhelmingly a fighter pilot/ACM culture. I think we still lean that way, but somewhere along the line the base take dynamic that was originally intended as an excuse to shoot each other became the primary objective for some. With element around it becomes clear that it is far too easy an individual or two to end a fight for everybody, basically at will.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:17:20 PM by BnZs »

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2014, 03:20:41 PM »
I just killed a couples of hanger... Now my nipples are hard enough to cut glass.... I can see why people do this!  :devil
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »
I just killed a couples of hanger... Now my nipples are hard enough to cut glass.... I can see why people do this!  :devil

:cheers:
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2014, 03:31:58 PM »
I think it's safe to say that this wish will be filed somewhere under "When the sky falls and Hell freezes over". :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2014, 03:32:39 PM »
I just killed a couples of hanger... Now my nipples are hard enough to cut glass.... I can see why people do this!  :devil
I hit a hangar or two in P-47s back in my early days of playing. Then I realized that effectively denying *myself* enemy planes to play with was dumb, as well as a bit of a ratty thing to do to other players paying money for *air combat*.  :aok
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:35:40 PM by BnZs »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2014, 03:33:42 PM »
I think it's safe to say that this wish will be filed somewhere under "When the sky falls and Hell freezes over". :aok
I think this is quite likely, even though the wish is reasonable and I can justify it logically. How are those player numbers again?