Author Topic: Big Fat <S> Nef  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Trainee

• Copper Member
Big Fat <S> Nef
« on: June 28, 2014, 12:25:48 AM »
On behalf of ~The Unforgiven~ Nefarious a big fat sloppy  :salute we had a blast this time in the Combat Challenge.

We flew this the last time and it was very difficult to even find a fight. 

This time it was awesome.  Not easy mind you but it was like FSO and what the MA should be on steroids!  Clouds, nice map reasonably close fields across the channel from one another.

I just don't know how you could improve this one.  Bottom line is we couldn't find a better way to spend an off Friday with no FSO (unless you paid extra for it).

Well thought out and we thoroughly enjoyed it sir!   :rock
Trainee
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"Step aside Butch..."

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Re: Big Fat <S> Nef
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 08:29:13 PM »
Agreed. Nef, great job Sir.

-Rep0
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 09:47:37 PM »
Him do good!  :aok
Destiny brought you here, now FATE will deal with your six!

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 08:56:31 PM »
The Clouds were unexpected and should not have been there. As much as we like to have them, some players can't support them.

<S> to you guys for having fun and enjoying it! <S>
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 11:03:16 PM »
The Clouds were unexpected and should not have been there. As much as we like to have them, some players can't support them.

<S> to you guys for having fun and enjoying it! <S>

That's a Bummer about the clouds, Nef!

They looked good and a lot of us enjoyed having the clouds there, last Sat.Night

I went ahead and participated with the 412th, since I had already promised and obligated myself to be there for the 412th & Bannor, etc... even though I noticed that
some of my "Damned" squad members came to participate and check out what your "Combat Challenge Series" Special Event was about and we possibly might be back again, next time it comes back around...

I hope you can make it to where the clouds can stay, myself!

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 07:28:51 AM »
I too think the clouds are cool, but one of my squaddies was taking a serious frame rate hit.  I know lots of folks feel that he should upgrade his PC, but not everyone has that option. 

I vote we not have them even though I personally like them. 

Nef and Snake, great work on this event.   :salute
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 08:38:13 AM »
I too think the clouds are cool, but one of my squaddies was taking a serious frame rate hit.  I know lots of folks feel that he should upgrade his PC, but not everyone has that option. 

Let's hope the new terrain engine with full Shader3.0 support will make this a non-factor, and everyone can be able to enjoy clouds.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »
I had a good time my only complaint is that the first frame, was launched when it was like 43 vs 26 (the axis got slaughtered, and allies maintained hi alt cap over the middle, never able to recover.), the second one was much more even and fun, I think if it's was combat challenge we should be able to fly same planes, the clouds were awesome, and I enjoyed the lower icon range.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »

I vote we not have them even though I personally like them. 

Nef and Snake, great work on this event.   :salute

Had the same issue with the clouds until I deselected "Bump map clouds".  That did the trick.  As for upgrading, it was killing the frame rate on a current gen i5 CPU / Nvidia GTX670 setup, soooo.....
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »
I think if it's was combat challenge we should be able to fly same planes

Thanks for the input, we have another event called King of the Hill where everyone flies the same airplane. It's similar to Combat Challenge, but it is a Free for all style fight with just one country.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »
Thanks for the input, we have another event called King of the Hill where everyone flies the same airplane. It's similar to Combat Challenge, but it is a Free for all style fight with just one country.

Well I mean for fun's sake, because if you are going for historical accuracy, the axis lost the war, so no one wants to pay the losing side, heh. My biggest thing was that the first frame was allowed to start with such a huge disparity in team size, the second was much better

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 10:24:48 AM »
Well I mean for fun's sake, because if you are going for historical accuracy, the axis lost the war, so no one wants to pay the losing side, heh. My biggest thing was that the first frame was allowed to start with such a huge disparity in team size, the second was much better

Exactly what I was afraid of, and forwarned the powers that be - to be ready for. 

Fail. 
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -