Author Topic: Leaderboards updated - Some changes  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Leaderboards updated - Some changes
« on: July 07, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
www.ahevents.org/leaderboard.html

There has been some changes to the way the Leader boards are displayed.

- Overall Squad Kills and Scores has now been separated into Allies and Axis Squad Kills and Scores.

Due to the nature of Combat Challenge being a Free for All themed Axis vs Allies event with no rules on side switching or predetermined sides, It is more balanced and creates more competition when Top Squads are awarded for both sides. Now squads have the ability to fight for both Allied and Axis top squad spot.

- Individual Allied and Axis Pilot scores have been added.

Originally, I just listed kills and not scores. Scores have been added for Allied and Axis pilots.

There are now 12 Leader boards.

What does this mean for awards at the end of the year?

There will be trophies presented for:

Top Overall Pilot
Top Allied Pilot
Top Axis Pilot
Best K/D over all 2014 Combat Challenges
Best Landed Sortie

T-Shirt Awards will go to the 1, 2, and 3 spots in the above listed categories as well as:

Top Allied Squad
Top Axis Squad

Other notable changes -

I am planning another Challenge for this year. Will finalize the date shortly.

In the next Combat Challenge and the remaining challenges of 2014 - Friendly Radar will be on in the Cockpit.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Leaderboards updated - Some changes
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:48:09 AM »
Aren't you concerned that this will cause issues with keeping the sides balanced? 

Were I the "best allied pilot", and you needed people to go axis, I wouldn't want to move over.... 

Just a thought...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Greyga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 09:45:50 AM »
Not that it really matter all that much, but it is a little disappointing that the scoring is being changed halfway through the challenge.  I guess someone didn't like the AK's leading all the categories??? :D  Regardless, Neff you have done an outstanding job running the challenge :aok  Thanks from all the AK's for putting together this challenge.  It is awesome. :salute :cheers:
AKGreyga

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 09:48:20 AM »
Aren't you concerned that this will cause issues with keeping the sides balanced? 

Were I the "best allied pilot", and you needed people to go axis, I wouldn't want to move over.... 

Just a thought...

It has always been an issue, the idea of combat challenge was always to allow players to fly what side they wanted within reason of the sides being even.

The changes still allow for a pilot to compete for the overall spot and now it allows for allied and axis or even both should they so desire. Squads can now technically fight for both allied and axis top squad by splitting thier squad amongst allied and axis. (As long as its not being abused, I will be watching.)

I think it makes for a better challenge and promotes more competition and awards more pilots.

<S>
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 09:53:54 AM »
Not that it really matter all that much, but it is a little disappointing that the scoring is being changed halfway through the challenge.  I guess someone didn't like the AK's leading all the categories??? :D  Regardless, Neff you have done an outstanding job running the challenge :aok  Thanks from all the AK's for putting together this challenge.  It is awesome. :salute :cheers:

Yeah, just trying to open it up a little more for all pilots involved. As i mentioned, the more people competing and more ways to compete increases the fun level.

The AKS still have top allied and axis scores and have the top scoring overall pilot. Not to mention several top ranked allied and axis pilots.

<S> and thanks for playing!

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 07:35:30 AM »
It has always been an issue, the idea of combat challenge was always to allow players to fly what side they wanted within reason of the sides being even.
In my opinion, your late in the game changes to the reward rules will exasperate the problem.  Whereas before, it was a "combat challenge" score, now it's an "axis vs. allied" score within the series.  As originally presented, there was zero impact if you switched sides, now there could be.  If you want to get one of the top spots, you now have to commit to one of the sides. Due to the limited number of events left (two) it will be very unlikely that one squad can get both.

I guess time will tell, but any of the squads in contention for the top squad spots may be reluctant to switch sides, and that will seriously effect the success of this event (IMHO).

The changes still allow for a pilot to compete for the overall spot and now it allows for allied and axis or even both should they so desire.
True, but you have eliminated the overall squad awards, and split it into sides.  It's a lot easier to balance the sides if you can ask a squad to change over as opposed to single players.

Squads can now technically fight for both allied and axis top squad by splitting thier squad amongst allied and axis. (As long as its not being abused, I will be watching.)
Bad move for obvious reasons. 

I know some may feel this is just a "sour grapes" whine post, but when you present a scenario, define the rules, we play by those rules, then after 3 of 5 events you change those rules, you can expect at least some push back.  The better move would have been to stick to the rule set you started with, then make the changes to the next series. 

All that being said, I too appreciate you taking the time to put all this together.  I know it's not easy...   :salute
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 07:47:19 AM »
Combat Challenge is in it's infancy.  Things are going to change as the event matures and as problems or issues come to surface. I really appreciate the input and I take it all very seriously. Im addressing concerns and ideas from every angle and trying to produce a quality event that all can enjoy no matter what their CC ranking is.

Thanks, and I appreciate your patience and support for combat challenge and other special events.