Author Topic: Wanna Critic me?  (Read 486 times)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Wanna Critic me?
« on: July 12, 2014, 11:01:08 PM »
I know it would be much more helpful if I posted a fight which I lose, but somehow those never get recorded :headscratch:

anyway, this is one of the few fight I do have recorded that I was proud of and was wondering if the awesome Aces High community could take a look at it for me and maybe pick it apart or break it down a little.
See Rule #4

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Wanna Critic me?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 10:15:23 AM »
Your flying and marksmanship was good but you made mistakes in your tactics. 

Nosing down at the merge was fine, but you never used your speed to climb and allowed the 190 into the fight prematurely.  Also, that let the 47 reverse and chase you down.  You should have went up after the merge.  Then you decided to slow turn with the 190 when the 47 was coming back with smash.  You should have engaged the 47 first in this manner at higher alt, so the second guy (190) would be climbing up and losing energy.  The P-40 should always trade speed for altitude, IMO.  Once you are tag teamed and down on the deck, they can just fight from above and will get you if they're any good.  Granted, fighting in the trees is great fun but the smart thing is to keep as much alt as you can.

You had a moment of target fixation on the 47 after scoring your first hits and then reversed too hard into the 190, wasting energy.  Following that, you were low on e and merged close enough for the 47 to get a potentially fatal shot at you.  You were lucky that they fought your fight and things worked out.  They probably saw the P-40 icon and started drooling.   :)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:21:05 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »
Thanks for the Reply  :salute

I rewatched the film after reading what you had to say. Its a bad habbit but whenever I'm in the p40 I'm always in a Defensive mindset, unless I have a clear alt or numerical advantage over my opponents. I probably just assumed that the P47 and 190 would be able to rocket above me after the first merge.

your break down was extremely helpful.

if anyone else has anything to add feel free.
See Rule #4

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 04:12:03 PM »
I think you did pretty good. While the alt is always handy to have in the bank you kept your speed in the 200 area and as Caldera said your lucky they fought your fight. Had they been a bit more patient and worked together they would have been able to work you down and out of E pretty quick as you certainly were not afraid to use it  :D

You very good aim certainly didn't hurt either  :P