Author Topic: had to go cold turkey  (Read 653 times)

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
had to go cold turkey
« on: July 25, 2015, 01:16:07 AM »
Howdy fellow pilot's. On June 8th I took a job in Calgary Canada.. For the first  time I'm going cold turkey. No lap top, no aces high. I miss you guys, this is the first contact made since then. September 2nd I move bask to the good old usa to Atlanta till the end of the year. I think a new laptop will be in order. I will get My  flight gear together and start having fun again. I hope you're  all still having fun. Peace
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: had to go cold turkey
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 02:21:15 AM »
Welcome back to Hotel California...... :lol
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 03:37:22 AM »
Not to be a wet blanket, but  be sure that the laptop has at least 512MB dedicated video RAM, but really 1 GB is recommended as the low end gpu currently in alpha testing. (you can upload and try alpha with less, and some have and are reporting difficulties = something that I would expect in alpha testing regardless).  But it is a known fact that the next version will use more of the processing power of the graphics card.

To be sure, make a post in the hardware section of the BBS.

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 09:36:59 AM »
Thanks chilli, will do. Look forward to it.
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR